The Student Room Group

Most beautiful Oxbridge college. You vote, you decide.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DD2
Merton is better looking than those, just like New, Trinity (ox), St John's (ox) and maybe even worchester (depending on if you get a good angle).

Pics or GTFO :P
Original post by DD2
Merton is better looking than those, just like New, Trinity (ox), St John's (ox) and maybe even worchester (depending on if you get a good angle).

Yeah I love worchester
Hasn't someone tacked some fugly concrete lump onto the back of St John's?
My vote goes to Downing.
Reply 24
Clearly missing Catz here

Original post by Blutooth
I have put together some pictures on arguably the 3 most beautiful Oxford and Cambridge colleges. You decide which you think is most stunning. They are all heavenly places, and any student at any of these colleges is rather lucky. I have chosen pictures of the main grounds, the hall, chapels and libraries of the following colleges.

Warning: if you have low bandwidth, click the spoilers at your own peril

Cambridge:

St John's

Spoiler

Trinity

Spoiler

King's

Spoiler

Oxford:

Magdalen

Spoiler

Christ Church

Spoiler

All Souls

Spoiler

The last photo of Trinity is actually Trinity, Oxford...:tongue:
Reply 26
Original post by qwertyuiop1993
The last photo of Trinity is actually Trinity, Oxford...:tongue:

Lol, I should have known. Will correct the mistake right away! Thank you.
Reply 27
Robinson, yo.

Spoiler

(What am I doing?!?! I'm not even at the college yet and I'm already being unreasonably biased. Ah well.)
Reply 28
Want to trade my undergraduate place at a lesser known Oxford college for one at St John's, Cambridge or All Souls, Oxford. PM me if interested. I joke, I joke.
Reply 29
But there are 70-odd colleges that make up Oxford and Cambridge. Only 6 to choose :P. And hopefully, since the colleges are of roughly equal size, the votes of those who are supporting their college simply because they go there will cancel each other out.

Surely that won't apply to All Souls, though?:erm:
Reply 30
Original post by hobnob
Surely that won't apply to All Souls, though?:erm:

Oh yeah :tongue: Stranger things have happened. I know of a few tutors at Oxford who use this site...keeping an ever vigilant, watchful eye on their students.
Uhhhh.... Keble College says hai.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 32
Oh yeah :tongue: Stranger things have happened. I know of a few tutors at Oxford who use this site...keeping an ever vigilant, watchful eye on their students.

Do you really think it's likely that all 100 All Souls fellows and 27 emeritus fellows will have a TSR account, though?:wink:
Reply 33
Are people just not bothering to load kings? Wins it hands down for me - the chapel is immense.

Original post by pinkpenguin
Uhhhh.... Keble College says hai.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That some people find Keble's architecture repulsive (like a supermarket i think is a common comparison?!) i find staggering. Its definitely up there, although perhaps not quite top 3 for me. edit: as long as the bar was knocked down, the remains burned, and the ashes scattered in the middle of the pacific!
(edited 12 years ago)
Merton;

Reply 35
Original post by hobnob
Do you really think it's likely that all 100 All Souls fellows and 27 emeritus fellows will have a TSR account, though?:wink:

Well, when you put it like that...
I find it outrageous that Churchill, Fitzwilliam and Robinson are not on your list.
(edited 12 years ago)
We need to do a sequel after this thread of ugliest Oxbridge colleges :wink: See what gets thrown up.

Here is New:

Spoiler

Reply 38
Original post by cl_steele
personally i like brasenose but they're all such beautiful colleges :')

This!
I saw Christchurch when I stayed at Pembroke for my interview and I personally thought it was really creepy :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending