The Student Room Group
okk..so I applied for nutrition at KCL for my fifth choice, and now I see that they interview.

Got 2 days to think whether I should change it or not. *sigh*
Original post by Natalie21
Hey everyone :biggrin:

Haven't been on here for a while - hope you're all okay!? :smile:.

Hi Natalie :smile: How have you been?
Original post by Revent
UCL are being pretty bad with their FOI requests so I had to send them another message :tongue:

Ooh **** just got real :teehee:
Original post by 3raindrops
okk..so I applied for nutrition at KCL for my fifth choice, and now I see that they interview.

Got 2 days to think whether I should change it or not. *sigh*

Maybe you should take the chance? Even though it won't be a strictly medical interview, you'll get an idea of what a real interview may be like? :dontknow:
Reply 9964
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
Ooh **** just got real :teehee:

Let's hope they comply and respond back to me before it gets to the commissioner.

Original post by AspiringGenius
:teehee: be careful!

Oh you don't even know. :rolleyes: I'm also really neurotic about technology/my college messing up so I was worried that my applications didnt go through and oh my goodness. its been a few days but i am so glad its all sent, safe and secure. Now to just concern myself with BMAT preparatino and interview practice.

Told ya :tongue: Probably all of the medical schools will hate me :mmm:
Reply 9965
Hey all,

Can I please get a list of the universities that don't normally interview (to-be) medical students?

Original post by Revent
Let's hope they comply and respond back to me before it gets to the commissioner.

Told ya :tongue: Probably all of the medical schools will hate me :mmm:

I'm sure they won't :wink:
Reply 9967
Original post by Revent
Hey all,

Can I please get a list of the universities that don't normally interview (to-be) medical students?

I think it's just Southampton and Edinburgh for the A100 course.

Can someone clarify?
Has anyone received any acknowledgement from Durham yet?? When do they hold their interviews? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9969
Original post by oli_G

Can someone clarify?

Thanks. Will wait for clarification. There is no rush for this however as I can no longer make any requests for the next 24 hours.

I'm sure they won't :wink:

Well 25 will now :wink:
Reply 9970
Original post by oli_G

Can someone clarify?

Edit: Southampton and Edinburgh don't interview for medicine. (They still do for undecided cases) .
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by AmirHabeeb
Southampton, Edinburgh and Queen Mary's Belfast don't interview for medicine. (They still do for undecided cases) Glasgow have been known to give offers without interviewing too.

belfast don't interview I didn't know that :s-smilie:

Rather worrying really. Med schools really need to interview potential doctors. ANYONE can be good on paper :no:
Reply 9972
Original post by AmirHabeeb
Southampton, Edinburgh and Queen Mary's Belfast don't interview for medicine. (They still do for undecided cases) Glasgow have been known to give offers without interviewing too.

QUB does interview.
The top circa 500 applicants will then be considered under stage 2 of the selection process which will be a nine station multiple mini interview (MMI) to determine non-cognitive performance. MMIs are being used to test non-cognitive competence and the applicant’s personal statement is considered within this process.
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs/medicine/Prospectivestudents/Applying/
Reply 9973
Original post by myyrh
QUB does interview.
The top circa 500 applicants will then be considered under stage 2 of the selection process which will be a nine station multiple mini interview (MMI) to determine non-cognitive performance. MMIs are being used to test non-cognitive competence and the applicant’s personal statement is considered within this process.
http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/mdbs/medicine/Prospectivestudents/Applying/

Ahh they didn't use to
Original post by Ketchup'n'Mustard
Hi Natalie :smile: How have you been?

Hey :smile:. Good thank you! How are you?

Oh you don't even know. :rolleyes: I'm also really neurotic about technology/my college messing up so I was worried that my applications didnt go through and oh my goodness. its been a few days but i am so glad its all sent, safe and secure. Now to just concern myself with BMAT preparatino and interview practice.

Oh dear - oh well at least it's all good now :smile:.

Oh god BMAT - dreading it :/.

EDIT: thanks for the neg :smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey :smile:. Good thank you! How are you?

Oh dear - oh well at least it's all good now :smile:.

Oh god BMAT - dreading it :/.

Same!! It's awful!! Hate it...I don't seem to be getting any better!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Same!! It's awful!! Hate it...I don't seem to be getting any better!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can't be worse than the UKCAT though, worst exam ever :P.
It can't be worse than the UKCAT though, worst exam ever :P.

I dunno, it's coming a pretty close second currently!!! Lol :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my goodness were on the last page of the thread! :sad:
Acknowledged from all my choices now, yay.

Still to be sent anything for my 5th choice though :teehee:

Latest

Trending

Trending