The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well im resitting BIOL1 and physics unit 1 :/
Original post by NitroAbdi
I am afraid i didn't, I was considering applying Sutton trust, but decided to apply for work experience at the natural science museum. I need to wait for several months till I can apply as vacancies will open.

Ah okay - good luck with that :biggrin:

Original post by DarkAndTwisty
It's so quiet on here lately! So nervous about results~

It has been super quiet :/

Original post by im so fresh
ye
but i guess its less stressful for you guys compared to me since im in A2 and im waiting on 7 results xD 3 A2 and 4 AS (3 retakes)

Oh gosh - good luck :biggrin: :biggrin:

Original post by erniiee
Ahhh how is your medical application looking?! :biggrin:

Volunteering wise, I've pretty much given up on Out & About, taken far too long to get back to me on training ¬_¬ hope they reply soon as that seemed like a nice lil opportunity.

St John Ambulance is great, loving that!

Gonna start hospital volunteering hopefully on 6th April :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo: so happy I managed to arrange that, was feeling pretty desperate :ninja: that's for 20 weeks, and apparently they'll offer a work experience placement at the end. Just in time for the end of the summer hols!

Talking of work experience, I'm so grateful for this other hospital; I've arranged 1 week in A&E, 1 week in General Surgery, 3 days in Anaesthetics and 3 days in Cardiology ALL thanks to that hospital! Godsends :'D

Hopefully a GP surgery I've written or another I've emailed will get back to me and give me a week (fingers crossed!) and I've got 3 days shadowing a GP still to confirm.

I think its all starting to come together! :biggrin: Feeling as if I might have sorted out that part of my application!

And I've joined the school gospel choir (its EPIC) so thats helping me add to my ECs.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh and got an Imperial open day coming up, exciting :dance: Birmingham Prospectus came in the post! :biggrin: gotta start narrowing it down for unis, really wanna go and see UCL!

Anyway, tell me about you! :biggrin:
Hey! Long time no speak!

I've pretty much given up on Out and About too - they've taken so long to reply - the woman in charge was on holiday for 2 weeks in Jan but it is now March...hello :P

I love SJA although it takes up far too much of my time :P

Ooh nice - what type of volunteering are you doing in the hospital?

Yeah I found one hospital would give me weeks of work experience and another only 3 days :/
(edited 12 years ago)

As for your first question, I think this gif is an accurate portrayal of how I will be tomorrow night:

Love that gif - think that will be all of us tomorrow :P

Original post by chiny94

By the way is it only me on here who has all 9 exams in may? :frown: my school didn't let us do any exams in january :/

I had 2 exams in Jan and I still have 11 in May :/ (Plus any resits :'( )

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:console:

There's so much more stress to come :colone:

Good luck to everyone getting results soon.. I hope you all get the grades you need :h:

Ooooh yayyy :/

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Natalie21
Love that gif - think that will be all of us tomorrow :P

Hopefully it'll be us celebrating though, fingers crossed! But that's definitely going to be me tonight/tomorrow at 6:55am, repeatedly refreshing the page that shows our results :tongue:
Hopefully it'll be us celebrating though, fingers crossed! But that's definitely going to be me tonight/tomorrow at 6:55am, repeatedly refreshing the page that shows our results :tongue:

I doubt I'll be celebrating :P
I don't get my results til 12:15pm :/
Don't get mine until 1 ish :frown:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:console:

There's so much more stress to come :colone:

Good luck to everyone getting results soon.. I hope you all get the grades you need :h:

Thanks for the consolation (I think :P)
Hopefully everything goes well...D:
Original post by chiny94
Sorry for late reply but it's basically a science project within a proper organization! Just search it on google! :biggrin:

By the way is it only me on here who has all 9 exams in may? :frown: my school didn't let us do any exams in january :/

I have 9 exams in may too, I feel your pain with the building stress...
Original post by AtomicMan
Imperial open day :O What day did you apply for? And also so happy for you, seems all of it is coming together for you :smile: I need some EC's, but will st johns ambulance count as one? I see it more as a hobbie that volunteering :/

Yaaa :biggrin: 25th April. Did you apply for one? Haha, when I read the letter that came in the post, I imagine that its actually saying "we are delighted to be able to offer you a place on our Medicine course" rather than open day..:redface:

Yea it does seem to be going well, thank god for Hillingdon! :biggrin: Yeaa, I'm worried about ECs. I'm just gonna make sure I have LOADS of stuff in school that I do to mention at interview and PS. Although we don't have that much space :eek:

Also, excited for results tomorrow?! I'm woooooooorried D:
It has been super quiet :/
Hey! Long time no speak!

I've pretty much given up on Out and About too - they've taken so long to reply - the woman in charge was on holiday for 2 weeks in Jan but it is now March...hello :P

I love SJA although it takes up far too much of my time :P

Ooh nice - what type of volunteering are you doing in the hospital?

Yeah I found one hospital would give me weeks of work experience and another only 3 days :/

Haven't posted on the thread in forever :tongue: you're top poster by a mile again btw :wink:

Hahaha, they're useless! :facepalm: ah, its fun :biggrin: glad I started.

I think its the meal service and bedding..talking to patients on wards etc. :smile:

Ah its annoying. I think I'll try and get work experience over next year too!

Starting to panic about results :L
Original post by Boom533
Don't get mine until 1 ish :frown:

I doubt I'll be celebrating :P
I don't get my results til 12:15pm :/

Aww :frown: I'm getting mine at 8am!

If it helps, on the results megathread, a guy with a username beginning with v (can't remember it exactly :L) has uploaded mark schemes to almost all of the AQA papers. I'm not gonna look at them until I've got my results though :tongue:
Reply 1390
Original post by erniiee

If it helps, on the results megathread, a guy with a username beginning with v (can't remember it exactly :L) has uploaded mark schemes to almost all of the AQA papers. I'm not gonna look at them until I've got my results though :tongue:

you've been waiting for so long up to now, I'm sure you both won't die from impatience...
To everyone:
My experience/a message about results day.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1940823
Original post by Pride
you've been waiting for so long up to now, I'm sure you both won't die from impatience...

Haha, tbh I'm not looking at them cos I want my results to be a nice surprise. Don't wanna mark them for myself :wink:
Original post by erniiee

Haven't posted on the thread in forever :tongue: you're top poster by a mile again btw :wink:

I think its the meal service and bedding..talking to patients on wards etc. :smile:

How is this possible!!! I rarely post!!! How do you find this stuff out?

What types of things have you been doing at your SJA divison?

Oooh nice - I got an offer to start volunteering at my local hospital but I don't think I can fit it in - might do it over summer....

I totally forgot that results were even out tomorrow til today :P

Original post by erniiee

I only took two OCR exams :P

To everyone:

Great message there :biggrin:
Original post by erniiee

Good luck :biggrin:

I kinda want to look at the MS, but I'm too scared to lol
To everyone:

Thank you, I have rep you, very inspiring :biggrin:
Results at 8.45 tomorrow morning :frown: Rather nervous now, seems much more real now that it's tomorrow. And to top it all off I'll be getting them with a killer headache, a fantastic bruise and a bunch of steristrips on my face. This is not turning into a good week! (And I never want to have to walk into A&E again because of falling out of bed and landing on a plug!)

Still waiting to hear from hospital volunteering lady *sigh* I may ring tomorrow if I'm not too depressed, I feel distinctly lacking in the experience department currently!!
Reply 1397
Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope
Results at 8.45 tomorrow morning :frown: Rather nervous now, seems much more real now that it's tomorrow. And to top it all off I'll be getting them with a killer headache, a fantastic bruise and a bunch of steristrips on my face. This is not turning into a good week! (And I never want to have to walk into A&E again because of falling out of bed and landing on a plug!)

Still waiting to hear from hospital volunteering lady *sigh* I may ring tomorrow if I'm not too depressed, I feel distinctly lacking in the experience department currently!!

I get mine at 845 too :frown: Fail, Im poorly too, got an awful cold :redface:
Ive looked at the mark schemes, and Ive made some stupid mistakes, I am so disappointed and I havent even got my results yet?
I know its a bit early but anyone got any ideas of the Unis that dont mind resits? :smile:
Original post by erniiee
Yaaa :biggrin: 25th April. Did you apply for one? Haha, when I read the letter that came in the post, I imagine that its actually saying "we are delighted to be able to offer you a place on our Medicine course" rather than open day..:redface:

Yea it does seem to be going well, thank god for Hillingdon! :biggrin: Yeaa, I'm worried about ECs. I'm just gonna make sure I have LOADS of stuff in school that I do to mention at interview and PS. Although we don't have that much space :eek:

Also, excited for results tomorrow?! I'm woooooooorried D:

Yep, I applied and got a place :smile: I applied for session A so I can get some revision in the afternoon.
Original post by Gcayte
I get mine at 845 too :frown: Fail, Im poorly too, got an awful cold :redface:
Ive looked at the mark schemes, and Ive made some stupid mistakes, I am so disappointed and I havent even got my results yet?
I know its a bit early but anyone got any ideas of the Unis that dont mind resits? :smile:

Oh I know the feeling! This is why I daren't look at the mark schemes, I'm so worried I'll be disappointed even before I've seen what I've actually got!!!

Uh, from what I remember HYMS don't provided you don't take a 3rd year to do them and do them within the standard two...there's a wiki article on here or something that has it all in I think...

Latest

Trending

Trending