The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8480
On ours we got told you wouldn't get exam results and those specific people would be banned from prom. Nobody did anything stupid anyway. Think we've been the best year :biggrin:
Yaaaaay first day of study leave. This is awesome- watchin TV atm and going out later!
Hi all. I hope everyone is OK. I'm now back and ready to return to normal service.

My school were incredibly supportive after the death of my cousin, and allowed me to have two days off school, to attend the funeral in the States. I flew out to LA and back within three days, which left me very jet-lagged, but I wouldn't have missed my cousin's funeral.

Anyway, I don't want to make everyone miserable, but when I was last on here I made a comment about how bullying sucks as it destroys lives. Well the reason I said that, is because that's what happened to my family. My cousin committed suicide because he couldn't cope with the bullying anymore. He had changed schools, but they continued to bully him online, and he just didn't want to go on.

In the States, people can be prosecuted for driving someone to suicide because of bullying, especially if they use words like "go kill yourself". My cousin had obviously planned his suicide to the last detail, because he had printed out screen dumps of the abuse that had been sent his way during his last week, as he knew the kids behind it would delete everything. Sure enough, in those messages, he was being told to "kill yourself, as no-one will miss you, not even your family." :cry2:

So yeah, the four main perpetrators are being investigated, and have been told it is "very likely" they will face charges.

Like I said, I don't want to make anyone miserable, but I thought I'd explain why I'd been absent for about a couple of weeks.

Right now that's out the way...

Had my first exam yesterday - English Lit - went OK I think.

Now on study leave, did some studying earlier, as I woke up at 7am. Having a break now.
11th May. I'm at school for another three weeks. Enjoy your study leave, everyone else!
But I am contemplating skipping days that are useless to me, to revise other subjects. Only problem is I don't want to miss revision in school in case its important. Schools good in that you work for an hour, then an hour, then break... its so timetabled. Its rare to stick to that at home, but I feel going home may benefit me.
Original post by rock.and.rose
Hi all. I hope everyone is OK. I'm now back and ready to return to normal service.

My school were incredibly supportive after the death of my cousin, and allowed me to have two days off school, to attend the funeral in the States. I flew out to LA and back within three days, which left me very jet-lagged, but I wouldn't have missed my cousin's funeral.

Anyway, I don't want to make everyone miserable, but when I was last on here I made a comment about how bullying sucks as it destroys lives. Well the reason I said that, is because that's what happened to my family. My cousin committed suicide because he couldn't cope with the bullying anymore. He had changed schools, but they continued to bully him online, and he just didn't want to go on.

In the States, people can be prosecuted for driving someone to suicide because of bullying, especially if they use words like "go kill yourself". My cousin had obviously planned his suicide to the last detail, because he had printed out screen dumps of the abuse that had been sent his way during his last week, as he knew the kids behind it would delete everything. Sure enough, in those messages, he was being told to "kill yourself, as no-one will miss you, not even your family." :cry2:

So yeah, the four main perpetrators are being investigated, and have been told it is "very likely" they will face charges.

Like I said, I don't want to make anyone miserable, but I thought I'd explain why I'd been absent for about a couple of weeks.

Now on study leave, did some studying earlier, as I woke up at 7am. Having a break now.

OMG. I am sp sprry and it really is upsetting to read something as cruel as that. I sincerely hope that those other children are severely punished and faced with legal consequences! You must feel terrible. I know this is hard but you are going to have to try to just put it asie for your exams as hard as it will be! I am really sorry for you though mate.
Reply 8486
Original post by x-Sophie-x
I have 9 exams in the second week! :eek:

Oh my gosh...GOOD LUCK!
Original post by Clara.
Oh my gosh...GOOD LUCK!

I have 7 in week after half term! Bad but 9 holy ****. I thought 7 was terrible
Reply 8488
Still not very used to the boards, so sorry for the second post, but rock.and.rose- I'm so sorry about what happened with your cousin! It'll be difficult, I really hope you're able to pull yourself together for your exams, best of luck...
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Im in the exact same shoes. Im doing of mice and men + an inspector calls.
we've got like 1 n half week til literature drama/prose n then 3extra days ish 4 unseen poetry.

Im starting revision tomorrow.

Plan

- Re-read of mice n men book twice, watch film once. read over YORK-of mice n men book notes(YORK similar to CGP)

- Inspector calls re-read whole book twice and go over york notes 4 inspector calls + look over bitesize 4 inspector calls.(Cba 2 watch the play)

- unseen poetry go over all poems and look over annotations, understand structure, techniques, contextual knowledge of the period etc. Make blank copies n try to annotate them helpful when the exam comes...

IMHO just coz women in black trailer looked good n daniel radcliffe stares in it doesnt make any difference as you still have to put the work in. Btw the trailer looked good saw it in class lol.

Drama(Of mice n men+an inspector calls)= 60%
Unseen poetry = 40%

Gl ! :0

That's really cool:tongue:
Poetry is the worst!1 I hate it so much-- but my method of revision for poetry is making mindmaps for each of them and then that makes it easier to memorize the poems. Unseen Poetry?
KILL ME NOW!!!:eek:
Original post by rock.and.rose

I am soo sorry for your loss!:frown:
Stay strong and you'll get through the exam stress.
Just hold you head up high and succeed!
Hope you get better:console:
Original post by tamil4
Well Done :smile:
This happened to me a few weeks back, found out i'm 2 off an A* for language :smile: with an A* in the exam, i may be able to get A* overall! :smile:
exciting times!

LOL! Sameee!!:smile::smile:
I got a Band 5 for 'Of Mice And Men' (26/30)
I got a Band 5 fro Creative writing~ both tasks:
Me, Myself and I: 9/10 and Journey: 10/10
Band 4 for Macbeth and literary heritage for literature (28/40~~ completeed in year 10)
So hopefully if I do really good in the exam, I manage to get 2A*'s for english!:smile:
Good Luck!!!
Original post by Clara.
Oh my gosh...GOOD LUCK!

I know! :redface:

Good luck to you too! XD
Original post by GreenLantern1
I have 7 in week after half term! Bad but 9 holy ****. I thought 7 was terrible

I know :frown:
Exams are gonna kill my poor hand!
Original post by g.k.galloway
hmmm...
With remarks - your new mark counts even if its less
with resits - your best mark counts..

that's what we have always been told. How far off were you from 70? If its really close you could risk a remark.

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
69 UMS which is 1 UMS under a B

Original post by PrinceUpsb
and so Higher Max is 100

Doesn't matter guys :smile: my teacher made a error when calculating my total score for a C which I know have :biggrin: ( Just to say I suck at english exams which i could of got an A )

Original post by x-Sophie-x
I know :frown:
Exams are gonna kill my poor hand!

If only all our exams are Multiple choice - Life will me Soo much easier
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8495
Ouch, someone in my year got permanently excluded (not allowed to take his exams at school, or go to prom) for making a false profile about a member of staff on Facebook and putting stuff like 'fluent in Chinese and bull****'. He would have left in a week... :/
Original post by c3ntury
Ouch, someone in my year got permanently excluded (not allowed to take his exams at school, or go to prom) for making a false profile about a member of staff on Facebook and putting stuff like 'fluent in Chinese and bull****'. He would have left in a week... :/

I don't think that's that bad (what the person did), people vandalise toilets and swear at teachers and they get let off...
Reply 8497
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
I don't think that's that bad (what the person did), people vandalise toilets and swear at teachers and they get let off...

Yeah, they pretty much had it out for the kid though, they were not happy and I suspect they just wanted to show him as an example.

I don't think he's that bothered though.
Original post by c3ntury
Yeah, they pretty much had it out for the kid though, they were not happy and I suspect they just wanted to show him as an example.

I don't think he's that bothered though.

WOW!
That's pretty surprising!
Last few days aswell....
Original post by GreenLantern1
Your friend or summat?

Nope, just someone new to the thread :biggrin: You need more than 5 posts to be my friend lol

Latest