The Student Room Group

University of Malta Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by AspiringGenius
No I'm considering it as a serious option alongside my other choices. If I get an offer from Malta and offer from uCL I will have some serious decision making to make :biggrin:

Hey I'm also considering Malta and even if I got offers in England, I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to live in Malta (and possibly work there after medical school). I got AAAB at AS level in Chem, Bio, Maths and Geography.. BUT I DON'T HAVE A LANGUAGE. uuuughh i really hope that doesn't matter. I've tried emailing them but they haven't responded :frown: But come November I'm going to apply anyway. Can't believe there's no tuition fees and it's accredited by the GMC! I thought I'd start a conversation seeing as you're probably going to apply this year too :biggrin:
Original post by Grafton
Hey I'm also considering Malta and even if I got offers in England, I don't think I could pass up the opportunity to live in Malta (and possibly work there after medical school). I got AAAB at AS level in Chem, Bio, Maths and Geography.. BUT I DON'T HAVE A LANGUAGE. uuuughh i really hope that doesn't matter. I've tried emailing them but they haven't responded :frown: But come November I'm going to apply anyway. Can't believe there's no tuition fees and it's accredited by the GMC! I thought I'd start a conversation seeing as you're probably going to apply this year too :biggrin:

I'm in pretty much the same boat but I don't have a humanities ( :cry: ) and English lit is only tenuously a language...

I wonder if GcSEs can make a difference?
Reply 322
I'm in pretty much the same boat but I don't have a humanities ( :cry: ) and English lit is only tenuously a language...

I hope so! I wish their website was a bit more specific.. If I remember to call them tomorrow, I'll tell you what they say about whether we need a humanity and a language. :smile:
Original post by Grafton
I hope so! I wish their website was a bit more specific.. If I remember to call them tomorrow, I'll tell you what they say about whether we need a humanity and a language. :smile:

heya,
I have a language, but no huamanity to A-level either :s-smilie: unless critical thinking counts!
I emailed them twice, no reply! :s-smilie: Maybe worth phoning, and how do you apply? :s-smilie: any idea :s-smilie:
may see you next year, if I go :smile:
Reply 324
Original post by MedMed12
heya,
I have a language, but no huamanity to A-level either :s-smilie: unless critical thinking counts!
I emailed them twice, no reply! :s-smilie: Maybe worth phoning, and how do you apply? :s-smilie: any idea :s-smilie:
may see you next year, if I go :smile:

I know that you apply through their website which becomes open sometime in November. The application doesn't require anything like a personal statement which is good. :biggrin: and that'd be good! I can't wait to get this whole process started
Reply 325
Original post by Pride
you need a language? Where did you find this info. I can't find it.

Original post by joker12345
Are you sure about this? Because their website didn't seem to say this :/

Yep, it is on their website under prespectve students, general entry requirements near the bottom. Or just search 'uni malta general entry requirements'.
If you need to conact them for whatever reason, there's no rush as you can apply until April
Reply 326

Hi, i want to apply this month which is supposedly when the application form is out but i have been checking and it hasnt been updated. anyone have any ideas?
Reply 327
Original post by Noz_
Hi, i want to apply this month which is supposedly when the application form is out but i have been checking and it hasnt been updated. anyone have any ideas?

they changed it this year, applications start from december now
Reply 328
Original post by Hamu

Thank you man!!!
Reply 329
Original post by Hamu

Hamu are you applying to Malta?
hey guys, if you are applying to malta, its in your best interests to sign this e-petition to allow UK students to get a student loan even if they are studying abroad

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34714/
Reply 331
Original post by Abbieastoria
hey guys, if you are applying to malta, its in your best interests to sign this e-petition to allow UK students to get a student loan even if they are studying abroad

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/34714/

Thanks for posting the link. Based on the current economic climate I doubt it'll ever get considered but I've signed the petition anyways.
Reply 332
Original post by Noz_
Hamu are you applying to Malta?

i am already here, i applied last year and got in
and dw guys their application process is quite simple, if u meet their requirements u will get in because they have no cut off point
you just need to get a B in chemistry and biology and a B in either a humanity or a language and u just need to have an E or betta in ur AS
so as long as u meet those requirements u will get in
but once u r accepted u should be prepared for a hell of a lot of work but despite that u will still love it here!
Reply 333
hey guys,

Just want to know if anyone knows the requirements for graduates. Do you only need a second class lower (2:2) to get in? Does the a level requirements apply to us? Honestly is, it hard to get into?

Will appreciate a response.

Thanks
Reply 334
Original post by Dr H
hey guys,

Just want to know if anyone knows the requirements for graduates. Do you only need a second class lower (2:2) to get in? Does the a level requirements apply to us? Honestly is, it hard to get into?

Will appreciate a response.

Thanks

Yh a 2.2 is good enough but the degree has to be related.
Reply 335
Original post by 419

Ok thankyou for your reply.

Are you studying there at the moment? Is the uni hard to get into?
Reply 336
Original post by 419

are you sure the degree has to be related? I am looking to apply with a chemical engineering degree....

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 337
Original post by Hamu
i am already here, i applied last year and got in
and dw guys their application process is quite simple, if u meet their requirements u will get in because they have no cut off point
you just need to get a B in chemistry and biology and a B in either a humanity or a language and u just need to have an E or betta in ur AS
so as long as u meet those requirements u will get in
but once u r accepted u should be prepared for a hell of a lot of work but despite that u will still love it here!

Hey what are the pass rates like over the years? I hear some European places admit many more students that they have clinical placements for..
I have AAAB in chem, maths, electronics, biology.
And finishing a degree in chemical engineering.
I've tried contacting them but they are crap at replying. Do I meet the requirements? How are you findin life there?

Reply 338
Original post by Shreyank
are you sure the degree has to be related? I am looking to apply with a chemical engineering degree....

Yes it does. They will ask for a transcript.
Does anybody know if having physics is essential for the dentistry course??
I've tried emailing so many times but haven't had a response :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending