The Student Room Group

Scottish Art Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
well, I'm still waiting for gsa and heriot watt, hope either one of the two is a positive answer
Reply 101
I'm very sorry about your rejections from ECA. Now I'm triple nervous to hear from them :frown:
Reply 102
conditional from heriot watt for ba fashion womenswear. I am still gutted bout eca but this did make me feel better, it's probably my second choice if I don't hear from gsa.... anyone else thinking of heriot watt?
Reply 103
Original post by Ruta V
conditional from heriot watt for ba fashion womenswear. I am still gutted bout eca but this did make me feel better, it's probably my second choice if I don't hear from gsa.... anyone else thinking of heriot watt?

Congrats!
Reply 104
does anyone know how long ECA are meant to take getting back to you after the portfolio review?
Reply 105
Original post by kmorgan
does anyone know how long ECA are meant to take getting back to you after the portfolio review?

Im not sure if its the same across the board, but we were told today it could be within the next few weeks right through to May.
Reply 106
Original post by smschneider
anyone else applied to djcad general foundation? i don't live in the uk and i was just wondering, how many images do they want to see? it says no less than 15, ok, but then they talk about sending whole sketchbooks?!! so would it be really stupid to only send 15? also, do you usually include your progress sheets in the same image with the finished painting (i will send my folio on disc)? ohhhh.... i am a bit worried i don't have enough work to show. but what i have is not bad baha

I have applied to djcad for g. foundation too. I am confused like you about the portfolio. I think they only expect from us the disc but I am not sure how to prepare it. If your works are really good i think it won't be a problem to send anly 15. I think I will prepare 20.

Does anyone know if it is possible to be as a power point presentation? I was also wandering if they expect us to show several sketchbook works as one image... :confused:

I also got rejected from eca :frown: And still no answer from GSA. Is it normal?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 107
I just wrote in another thread that I got rejected from ECA Photography 2nd year entry. I was prepared for this, because I don't have a foundation and I had an interview only for 1st year Art. Still, my poor heart stopped for a moment... And then I felt relieved :biggrin:
Reply 108
Original post by Senika
I just wrote in another thread that I got rejected from ECA Photography 2nd year entry. I was prepared for this, because I don't have a foundation and I had an interview only for 1st year Art. Still, my poor heart stopped for a moment... And then I felt relieved :biggrin:

ahh, sorry for that :/ are you waiting on anything else?
Reply 109
Original post by Ruta V
ahh, sorry for that :/ are you waiting on anything else?

Yes, I'm waiting to hear about Art at ECA. The first year is more general like a foundation that I don't have, and then you get to choose your speciality (photography). I was just trying to be sneaky and skip the first year, because I'm eager to explore my media as soon as possible. I'm not 18 anymore and I can feel the age pressure :biggrin:
And the GSA of course... They should hurry up!
Reply 110
Original post by Senika
Yes, I'm waiting to hear about Art at ECA. The first year is more general like a foundation that I don't have, and then you get to choose your speciality (photography). I was just trying to be sneaky and skip the first year, because I'm eager to explore my media as soon as possible. I'm not 18 anymore and I can feel the age pressure :biggrin:
And the GSA of course... They should hurry up!

I see :smile: and yes, I really dont get why GSA... I mean it seems that no one has heard from them for quite some time and it's just plain annoying. It's almost 3 months since I've uploaded the mini folio and now I don't have the motivation anymore to keep working on my portfolio because I can't be sure I'll actually get the interview (and the longer I wait, the smaller the chance it seems...)
Reply 111
Original post by Ruta V
I see :smile: and yes, I really dont get why GSA... I mean it seems that no one has heard from them for quite some time and it's just plain annoying. It's almost 3 months since I've uploaded the mini folio and now I don't have the motivation anymore to keep working on my portfolio because I can't be sure I'll actually get the interview (and the longer I wait, the smaller the chance it seems...)

Yeah, it's really frustrating... I've been so stressed lately :/
I had my interview for Communication Design at the GSA on the 1st of March, it was probably the hardest interview I've ever had to do. The two women that interviewed me threw me curve balls at every turn and it really did feel like I was talking out my arse half the time, but I think I did ok, so who knows if I'll get an offer.

I've also been rejected from ECA for Graphic Design, quite miffed at this. There's a lazy bugger of a guy who's hardly ever in my class, he has a pretty poor portfolio yet he has an interview with them tomorrow :s-smilie:.

Definitely writing them a letter to request some feedback.
Reply 113
Original post by superandy_07
I had my interview for Communication Design at the GSA on the 1st of March, it was probably the hardest interview I've ever had to do. The two women that interviewed me threw me curve balls at every turn and it really did feel like I was talking out my arse half the time, but I think I did ok, so who knows if I'll get an offer.

I've also been rejected from ECA for Graphic Design, quite miffed at this. There's a lazy bugger of a guy who's hardly ever in my class, he has a pretty poor portfolio yet he has an interview with them tomorrow :s-smilie:.

Definitely writing them a letter to request some feedback.

Gah, im so confused about people getting interviews even though the GSA Registry told me theres none been scheduled yet. So confusing. Were you applying to 1st or 2nd year?
Original post by ohirome
Gah, im so confused about people getting interviews even though the GSA Registry told me theres none been scheduled yet. So confusing. Were you applying to 1st or 2nd year?

I've applied for 3rd Year, loads of people in my college are still waiting to hear back from them, I'm the only one as far as I'm aware that has been interviewed.

The day I got interviewed was the first day they started interviews for design, the told me that get so many people a week, so it seems they are doing it in batches. When you do get an email it'll probably to select an interview FOLLOWING that week of that email, so it's quite swift.

They told me for Communication Design that over 600 people have applied, they have shortlisted 150 people for interviews and that 50 places are available. I don't know if that's 50 places for 3rd year or 50 spread over each year of entry.
Reply 115
I've applied for 3rd Year, loads of people in my college are still waiting to hear back from them, I'm the only one as far as I'm aware that has been interviewed.

The day I got interviewed was the first day they started interviews for design, the told me that get so many people a week, so it seems they are doing it in batches. When you do get an email it'll probably to select an interview FOLLOWING that week of that email, so it's quite swift.

They told me for Communication Design that over 600 people have applied, they have shortlisted 150 people for interviews and that 50 places are available. I don't know if that's 50 places for 3rd year or 50 spread over each year of entry.

Ah ok, cool! Which college are you at if you don't mind me asking? I only know of one person in my class who was given an interview, but we assumed thats because she's classed as an international student. Its worrying hearing about the minimal places...I was shocked to find out at my interview at ECA that they probably only have roughly 14/15 places available.
Original post by ohirome
Ah ok, cool! Which college are you at if you don't mind me asking? I only know of one person in my class who was given an interview, but we assumed thats because she's classed as an international student. Its worrying hearing about the minimal places...I was shocked to find out at my interview at ECA that they probably only have roughly 14/15 places available.

I'm at City of Glasgow College, 2nd Year of the HND in Graphic Design.

That's a shame about the places available but probably explains why so many people have been rejected.

Less and less people are dropping out these days, plus Art Schools have been known to be quite snobby, so if your parents have had high level of education with a high flying job then those people would do better than say me who has come from a poorer background.

It will be 50 over all 3 years!
When I was at the GSA (in the art dept) there was only 2-3 places free for every year.

Good luck!
Anyone had an interview/waiting to hear from Glasgow or Edinburgh for Fashion??
Reply 119
Wonder if anyone has received actual offers yet...

Quick Reply

Latest