The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

University of Edinburgh Accommodation Thread for Entry 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faith1
Got my first choice :smile: I'm in 3 Darroch court, anyone else in Darroch?

I didn't apply to Darroch, but I was wondering if you only found out today? I'm just curious because myed has said for 2 weeks now a link will be posted shortly and I want to know if I might receive my offer at the weekend :P

Congratulations by the way :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 581
I've just found out I'm in 7 Darroch Court! Just curious, are most of the people receiving offers for Darroch American?
Original post by Lyran
What's the longest anybody has been waiting for that link to appear? I'm currently at 2 weeks.

I'm at four weeks just about. ^^;
Reply 583
I was wondering what anyone has heard about the new accommodations, Unite Portsburgh to be specific? I have looked on the website but was more wondering what anyone had heard about the location, the building etc.?
Original post by itssdj
I was wondering what anyone has heard about the new accommodations, Unite Portsburgh to be specific? I have looked on the website but was more wondering what anyone had heard about the location, the building etc.?

Portsburgh is my first choice but I haven't found out where i've been placed yet, my 3 choices were the 3 newly added accommodations, I'm sure they'll pretty much just be like most of the others but with an en-suite and a better location than Beaverbank :smile:. They seem very nice and quite modern from the pictures, location wise Portsburgh is directly opposite the art college so it's very central and within a 10 minute walk from most of the uni buildings I think!
Reply 585
Is anyone in Fraser Court? :smile:
Reply 586
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
I didn't apply to Darroch, but I was wondering if you only found out today? I'm just curious because myed has said for 2 weeks now a link will be posted shortly and I want to know if I might receive my offer at the weekend :P

Congratulations by the way :biggrin:

No i got mine about 2 weeks ago, had an email saying I had an offer and to go to myed, have no ideahow long i had the status of a link being posted though as i wasn't checking myed for updates. Maybe phone them up and they can check online rather than waiting for an email reply?
Good Luck :biggrin:
Original post by faith1
No i got mine about 2 weeks ago, had an email saying I had an offer and to go to myed, have no ideahow long i had the status of a link being posted though as i wasn't checking myed for updates. Maybe phone them up and they can check online rather than waiting for an email reply?
Good Luck :biggrin:

I think I might, I'm dying to find out where I'm staying!:P I got all excited this morning as well because it said I had an unread message on myed but it was just about the extension of the bursary deadline. >:frown:
Just got my accommodation offer, 5 Nicolson Street anyone?
10th June- "You have been allocated accommodation, a link to accept this accommodation will be posted shortly"

20th June- "Our records show you have applied, but not yet been allocated a room. Please check again later."

27th June- "You have been allocated accommodation, a link to accept this accommodation will be posted shortly"

I think I'm about to have a nervous breakdown :unimpressed:
Original post by scotland369
10th June- "You have been allocated accommodation, a link to accept this accommodation will be posted shortly"

20th June- "Our records show you have applied, but not yet been allocated a room. Please check again later."

27th June- "You have been allocated accommodation, a link to accept this accommodation will be posted shortly"

I think I'm about to have a nervous breakdown :unimpressed:

I've been waiting 3 weeks to find out where i'm staying, they obviously used the word "shortly" VERY loosely. -____- It's frustrating knowing i've been allocated somewhere but not knowing myself. xD
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
I've been waiting 3 weeks to find out where i'm staying, they obviously used the word "shortly" VERY loosely. -____- It's frustrating knowing i've been allocated somewhere but not knowing myself. xD

Update.

28th June: "Our records show you have applied, but not yet been allocated a room. Please check again later."

Stop emailing me MyEd!!!
Original post by scotland369
Update.

28th June: "Our records show you have applied, but not yet been allocated a room. Please check again later."

Stop emailing me MyEd!!!

Jeez! yours seems to be freaking out a little, mine just stays the same. :P plus the fact that you're getting emails, that would agitate me. xD
Reply 593
Hello,

I am currently trying to find accommodation in Edinburgh for the duration of my MA program starting in September. I know that it is extremely difficult getting student accommodation (especially when you are a student from Europe) and therefore I have been looking into the various private accommodation. I
found a couple viable options but am trying to be as cautious as possible and so was wondering if you might have heard of these companies and whether or not they are respectable. I have posted the links to their sites below, and I would greatly appreciate any advice.

http://www.studentflat.com/
http://www.johnston-stevens.com/page5.htm

Thank you!

The first looks ok (I've come across them before). The area is not the prettiest, but it's not unsafe. The flats are well furnished and the prices are not unreasonable.

The second lot I've not come across. The prices aren't terrible, although they're not great either.
Reply 595
Thank you! So you'd say I can trust them? I just have had friends that had terribly bad luck finding accommodation, e.g. payed the deposit for a room, then got there just to find out that the room doesn't exist. So I am trying to be extra careful :smile:
Reply 596
Hmm, some of you are beginning to scare me about being allocated accommodation! I've firmed my offer but have yet to apply, whens the deadline for international students? Also, by applying later rather than sooner, will the accommodation choices be fewer/ will I have less of a chance of getting my first choices? Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread.

Cheers
Original post by edepow
Hmm, some of you are beginning to scare me about being allocated accommodation! I've firmed my offer but have yet to apply, whens the deadline for international students? Also, by applying later rather than sooner, will the accommodation choices be fewer/ will I have less of a chance of getting my first choices? Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread.

Cheers

Apply now.

Original post by AcesLacy
Thank you! So you'd say I can trust them? I just have had friends that had terribly bad luck finding accommodation, e.g. payed the deposit for a room, then got there just to find out that the room doesn't exist. So I am trying to be extra careful :smile:

I don't know a lot about them (although googling around should give you an indication if others have had bad experiences with them) - but they've been around quite a while.
Original post by sfreilly
Is anyone in Fraser Court? :smile:

Hi there! I'm in Fraser Court too. Good to meet you.
I opted for private housing, and after paying my deposit, I definitely have a place to live now! £300 a month for a single room (utilities included), very central location, and only 1.5 miles from the gardens (which is where my course will be taught).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending