The Student Room Group

GCSE Results day March 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Yeah same :frown: how did you think the science and maths exams went?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by GreenLantern1
Under 2 weeks :frown: scared and excited at the same time eek

I completly agree with you and this my 2nd major results day and 3rd in total.What are your predicted grades and what exams did you sit?
English Lit(Resit): Understanding Prose SP:A* MP:B OR:A
English Lang(Resit):The Writers Voice SP:A* MP:A OR:C
Core Science:Chemistry SP:A* MP:A/A*
Core Science:Physics SP:A* MP:A/A*
Geography Unit 1:Coasts SP:A* MP:A*(hoping for full ums :biggrin: but probably not)

OR:Original Result SP: School Prediction MP:My Prediction
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm getting Unit 2s for the three sciences.
Confident that the Chemistry is going to be okay, uncertain about Biology but from what I've read here the grade boundaries will be pretty low, and have 0 confidence with the Physics. Hopefully, I'll surprise myself.

At the end of the day, I guess, they're not final exams so I shouldn't be upset if I get lower results than I want, though.
Reply 103
Original post by Whangdoodle
I'm getting Unit 2s for the three sciences.
Confident that the Chemistry is going to be okay, uncertain about Biology but from what I've read here the grade boundaries will be pretty low, and have 0 confidence with the Physics. Hopefully, I'll surprise myself.

At the end of the day, I guess, they're not final exams so I shouldn't be upset if I get lower results than I want, though.

I'm getting results for the unit 2's as well and I feel exactly the same way for each paper :smile: dreading biology and physics though
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
If you two have a quarrel to be settled please do the polite thing and take it to the Private Message System and not spam this results thread with your bickering. Thank you.

Sorry. I will in future. My bad.
Original post by American Vampire
Sorry. I will in future. My bad.

Thank you. :smile:
Original post by Dalek1099
I completly agree with you and this my 2nd major results day and 3rd in total.What are your predicted grades and what exams did you sit?English Lit(Resit):u:nderstanding Prose SP:A* MP:B OR:A English Lang(Resit):The Writers Voice SP:A* MP:A OR:C Core Science:Chemistry SP:A* MP:A/A* Core Science:Physics SP:A* MP:A/A* Geography Unit 1:Coasts SP:A* MP:A*(hoping for full ums :smile: but probably not) OR:Original Result SP:s-smilie:chool Prediction MP:My Prediction

I only sat 4 exams and unfortunately I am expected to receive some high grades, which I think I will have, but you never really know!

My exams and predictions and are Biology (A*), Chemistry (A*), Physics (A*) and AS-ICT (A/B)

EDIT: Love howI get negged just because I get predicted good grades! Whoever negged clearly can't get these grades and is annoyed; It's just sad mate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 107
I only sat 4 exams and unfortunately I am expected to receive some high grades, which I think I will have, but you never really know!

My exams and predictions and are Biology (A*), Chemistry (A*), Physics (A*) and AS-ICT (A/B)

I have never heard of someone taking this subject for an AS early.Do you have to get someone official for your coursework or is that A2?
I have never heard of someone taking this subject for an AS early.Do you have to get someone official for your coursework or is that A2?

No I am doing it through my school. I did the full GCSE ICT in year 9, and because I got an A*, I decided to do the AS in year 10 and 11. I know a couple of other year 11s who are doing this on the "Current Year 11 Thread"
Reply 109
No I am doing it through my school. I did the full GCSE ICT in year 9, and because I got an A*, I decided to do the AS in year 10 and 11. I know a couple of other year 11s who are doing this on the "Current Year 11 Thread"

I do OCR Nationals 2 GCSE for ICT.
I do OCR Nationals 2 GCSE for ICT.

Unlucky mate. My friend at another school did that and he is really annoyed because OCR Nationals aren't appreciated much even though the ICT is still equivalent to GCSEs and you put a lot of work in for it.
Reply 111
Unlucky mate. My friend at another school did that and he is really annoyed because OCR Nationals aren't appreciated much even though the ICT is still equivalent to GCSEs and you put a lot of work in for it.

They are fully respected and count as GCSEs.

2 Distinction=A*A
2 Merit=AB
2 Pass=CC
2 Fail=UU

2 Distinction=A*A
2 Merit=AB
2 Pass=CC
2 Fail=UU

Whether other people see it as that is a completely different question though.

2 Distinction=A*A
2 Merit=AB
2 Pass=CC
2 Fail=UU

Original post by cambo211
Whether other people see it as that is a completely different question though.

Dalek 1099 even though that technically is the case, most people treat it to be below the standard of GCSE. I'm in year 11 and have been applying to sixth form and my friends who are also in the same predicament, have been applying and most schools they apply to didn't take into account the grades of OCR Nationals, and so really regret it. But, don't worry you wll still have lots of other GCSEs.
Reply 114

thats not fair...no wonder the colleges didnt bother to look at my ICT certificates
Original post by kiyubi
thats not fair...no wonder the colleges didnt bother to look at my ICT certificates

Exactly. I never did them myself, fortunately I took the GCSEs, but from what I have heard they are a lot of hard work yet there receive no credit whatsoever. May schools and colleges completely disregard them, as seems to be the case with you.
Reply 116
11 Days Guys!
Reply 117
Exactly. I never did them myself, fortunately I took the GCSEs, but from what I have heard they are a lot of hard work yet there receive no credit whatsoever. May schools and colleges completely disregard them, as seems to be the case with you.

yeah, but its a useless qualification anyway, it dosent help with anything unless u are doing something to do with iIT when u go to uniu, other than that its useless
Original post by kiyubi
yeah, but its a useless qualification anyway, it dosent help with anything unless u are doing something to do with iIT when u go to uniu, other than that its useless

I know!
Reply 119
I know!

yeah...but oh well we cant do anything about it really

Quick Reply

Latest