The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by (L)*
guess this shows how relations between Indians and pakistanis will never get any better.

the rivalry is awesomee the games but not in discussions where y'all are trying to get one up on each other.

Kiddo, this is cricket 'banter'. If you guys can't take a bit of banter then you're messed up. Any self-respecting Indian could easily have replied things like 'look at the rankings now', 'who are the WC winners', 'who's won more WCs', 'when was the last time Pakistan beat India in a WC match'. Pakistan have by far a better cricketing history than India, but India's hasn't been completely **** and Indian fans would do well to know that and respond.
Original post by Kaz310
RIP Runako Morton. What a shock that is. Not played much for West Indies over the years but still. Can't believe that.

Such a sudden death :frown:
Makes me sad. Not gonna lie, didn't exactly watch/follow the guy, but nevertheless, RIP

:cry2:

On a slightly happier note, you're back on the society :eek: :hi:
Original post by Straight up G
Kiddo, this is cricket 'banter'. If you guys can't take a bit of banter then you're messed up. Any self-respecting Indian could easily have replied things like 'look at the rankings now', 'who are the WC winners', 'who's won more WCs', 'when was the last time Pakistan beat India in a WC match'. Pakistan have by far a better cricketing history than India, but India's hasn't been completely **** and Indian fans would do well to know that and respond.

Oi, leave her alone :L

See, now I could do that, but I thought otherwise, as I am the queen of superstitions and other shizz, and considering India are on their downward slope, I didn't want to dig myself a hole by 'gloating'

To be fair, I can understand where she's coming from, this conversation wouldn't be the same if their wasn't some sort of ugly **** going on between the two countries.
Original post by shyamshah
I cant really comment on that, because i wasnt even born when that happened. All i know is that i want an India vs Pakistan series as soon as possible but it really doesnt seem likely tbh.

Oh God before the whole debate started that is exactly what I was sayin. WE WANT AND DEMAND A SERIES
Original post by TheProdigy2k9
Oh God before the whole debate started that is exactly what I was sayin. WE WANT AND DEMAND A SERIES

The BCCI dont listen to anyone haha so its not going to happen. The only way it will happen is if we get rid off all the BCCI people and recruit new people which really should happen but aint going to happen.
Reply 585
Original post by ♥ ♥
Such a sudden death :frown:
Makes me sad. Not gonna lie, didn't exactly watch/follow the guy, but nevertheless, RIP

:cry2:

On a slightly happier note, you're back on the society :eek: :hi:

Yeah hit a nerve as soon as I read that. I mean, I know it won't affect me the slightest as I don't even know the guy, but its still a shock. Quite sad when you hear about someone you seen on TV( mainly the respectable ones) die.

Haha, yesssss. Well, apart from the fact that I'm busy, but as you probably would not have noticed, I've slightly lent towards the football threads lately. :K: I've kind of lost interest with cricket lately as its now the full on the footy season especially after India have been FRIGGIN POOR by their standards. And my hometown (Tottenham) are playing sooo wellll, Woo. So yeah. And the only interesting person to talk to on here is you anyway. No one on here replies.
Original post by Kaz310
Yeah hit a nerve as soon as I read that. I mean, I know it won't affect me the slightest as I don't even know the guy, but its still a shock. Quite sad when you hear about someone you seen on TV( mainly the respectable ones) die.

Haha, yesssss. Well, apart from the fact that I'm busy, but as you probably would not have noticed, I've slightly lent towards the football threads lately. :K: I've kind of lost interest with cricket lately as its now the full on the footy season especially after India have been FRIGGIN POOR by their standards. And my hometown (Tottenham) are playing sooo wellll, Woo. So yeah. And the only interesting person to talk to on here is you anyway. No one on here replies.

I get you :cry2:

Can't believe you :shock: You, are a gloryhunter? :O
Just watch, when Indian :crossedf: start playing well again, suddenly you'll love cricket again :L (I joke, that will be for a long time yet :laugh:)

Woo for Tottenham. God, I know absolutely nothing about football. Does Gareth Bale happen to play for Tottenham?

Aw :L See, look, I replied :grin:
Reply 587
Original post by ♥ ♥
I get you :cry2:

Can't believe you :shock: You, are a gloryhunter? :O
Just watch, when Indian :crossedf: start playing well again, suddenly you'll love cricket again :L (I joke, that will be for a long time yet :laugh:)

Woo for Tottenham. God, I know absolutely nothing about football. Does Gareth Bale happen to play for Tottenham?

Aw :L See, look, I replied :grin:

LOL me??! Never! Don't get me wrong, I've always used to love watching cricket back in the days when every team used to play a fixed 11. Nowadays teams keep on giving throwing caps to new players like confetti. Every game I watch these days( Particulary Australia, Sri Lanka and Pakistan) They throw in players you never even heard of. Then you gotta visit Cricinfo again and check their first class stats to see if they are decent at that level or not and read a breif desicription to see who they actually are etc( Yes, I'm guilty of being this sad...ahem) For example, wheres Nathan Bracken gone? Mitchell Johnson?? As for India, where did Pathan come from? Where did Yadav go? Are they just gonna drop Yadav permanently now just coz he had one bad series? I could go on but you get my drift. And don't even get me started with Sri Lanka.

Hahaha, yes Gareth Bale plays for my Tottenham. Why... you fancy him?
Original post by Kaz310
LOL me??! Never! Don't get me wrong, I've always used to love watching cricket back in the days when every team used to play a fixed 11. Nowadays teams keep on giving throwing caps to new players like confetti. Every game I watch these days( Particulary Australia, Sri Lanka and Pakistan) They throw in players you never even heard of. Then you gotta visit Cricinfo again and check their first class stats to see if they are decent at that level or not and read a breif desicription to see who they actually are etc( Yes, I'm guilty of being this sad...ahem) For example, wheres Nathan Bracken gone? Mitchell Johnson?? As for India, where did Pathan come from? Where did Yadav go? Are they just gonna drop Yadav permanently now just coz he had one bad series? I could go on but you get my drift. And don't even get me started with Sri Lanka.

Hahaha, yes Gareth Bale plays for my Tottenham. Why... you fancy him?

I get you :L

The Aussies' bowling attack, barring Lee and Hilfenhaus, is all new, with Cummins, Starc and Doherty. Oh and Pattinson and who's that other guy...Oh yeah, McKay
Batting wise, the inclusion of Forrest, with the experience of Clarke, Husseys, Watson etc.

SL, I mean, who the hell is Senanayake? Never really noticed Chandimal either :colondollar:

I liked Yadav. Man has pace :shock: He just needs the right training to improve him! Pathan is a handy all-rounder when he's on form.

No, what gives you that impression? :blush:
ROFL: "Since 1st Jan 09 - Pakistani batsmen have scored 12 ODI centuries in 692 innings between them. Virat Kohli has scored 9 in 74 innings alone "

:teehee:
Original post by ♥ ♥
ROFL: "Since 1st Jan 09 - Pakistani batsmen have scored 12 ODI centuries in 692 innings between them. Virat Kohli has scored 9 in 74 innings alone "

:lol: Trying to spice the thread up again:wink:
Reply 591

a bit of banter isn't the problem...maybe i just took it a bit too seriously cos people have been getting all stupid about the whole india-pak relations recently. and I was thinking, that you could have been serious (i mean, you go on about your hate for Indians all the time, joke or no joke, who knows???)

ok fine, i'll bear that in mind then.
Original post by ♥ ♥

Brother, this isn't a route you want to take. Me and Prodigy have already got you lot to submit and concede ground.

Original post by (L)*
a bit of banter isn't the problem...maybe i just took it a bit too seriously cos people have been getting all stupid about the whole india-pak relations recently. and I was thinking, that you could have been serious (i mean, you go on about your hate for Indians all the time, joke or no joke, who knows???)

ok fine, i'll bear that in mind then.

Hmm, when you have people like the person quoted above, it's no surprise.
Original post by razmazterz
:lol: Trying to spice the thread up again:wink:

Well, what can I do? :L I just saw it on my twitter timeline thing, and thought I'd share it :rofl:

Brother, this isn't a route you want to take. Me and Prodigy have already got you lot to submit and concede ground.

Hmm, when you have people like the person quoted above, it's no surprise.

I was just sharing a statistic I found on twitter. Hardly an attack launched on the formiddable Pakistan.

And what do you mean by the bold?
Original post by ♥ ♥
Well, what can I do? :L I just saw it on my twitter timeline thing, and thought I'd share it :rofl:

Its good that you shared it:smile: Hahaha Joker:tongue:
It just how good as an ODI team is India!:biggrin:
Original post by ♥ ♥
I was just sharing a statistic I found on twitter. Hardly an attack launched on the formiddable Pakistan.

And what do you mean by the bold?

Afridi has taken three times the number of 5 wicket hauls in the last 4 years than all Indian bowlers combined.

Well, the discussion was dead and gone, and you've gone and reopened your own wound and painted a red bullseye ring around it, begging to be destroyed.
Original post by razmazterz
Its good that you shared it:smile: Hahaha Joker:tongue:
It just how good as an ODI team is India!:biggrin:

Lol, thanks.

To be honest, it's pretty apparent that India are as inconsistent as hell right now, so much so that they're competing with Pakistan in terms of inconsistency, even in India's beloved ODI format :facepalm:

They have just gone downhill since the WC, and that too was only due to the WC being held in India, and all the hype with it being Sachin's last WC etc...

But, Kohli stats are just cool to look at :laugh:
Btw, someone can counteract that Afridi stat by saying that 'well, it's highly unlikely that Indian bowlers combined took more than one 5 wicket haul, and just 3 by Afridi isn't such an amazing achievement', but to their credit, Harbhajan managed one against SL 3 years ago, and Yuvraj managed one against the famed batsmen of Ireland last year...
Afridi has taken three times the number of 5 wicket hauls in the last 4 years than all Indian bowlers combined.

True fact! India won the WC last year. Enough said!
227-9 ..shaping up to be good test match. New Zealend looking strong!

Latest