The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

India well ahead. Seems like only ABDV can bat for SA and they need more than just him. With Steyn and Philander out, I can see India winning this even if there is rain.
Thats obvious moment of truth. SA's only threat is now gone and india are at home so they should win this test comfortably
Can a mod lock this thread now because we already have a new one please?
I dont know what that is anyway
Original post by moment of truth
Can a mod lock this thread now because we already have a new one please?

Needs to get to 500 pages I think.

Real shame India-SA was rained off today, really. What an innings by Taylor for NZ, though. Questions will be asked of the pitch.
I was also quite sad that IndSA was rained of because it looked like india could get a sizeable first innings lead and as for NZ the best I forsee for them is a 50 lead because taylor is the main man and he isnt a great starter and mark craig is a useful bat but not good enough to fend the bowling without taylor. Taylor has had a great 2015
Original post by Mackay
Needs to get to 500 pages I think.

Real shame India-SA was rained off today, really. What an innings by Taylor for NZ, though. Questions will be asked of the pitch.

Yeah, but cause we have another one a mod should just lock this now.

Still think India can and should win, although the weather doesn't look good for the next few days either.

Taylor and Williamson :adore:
Original post by moment of truth
Yeah, but cause we have another one a mod should just lock this now.

Still think India can and should win, although the weather doesn't look good for the next few days either.

Taylor and Williamson :adore:

Unbelievable talents on the NZ side. Can't believe the state of this wicket, though. It kind of takes the shine off Warner and Taylor's respective feats.
Not necessarily. The shine of their innings was the concentration over long periods of time and their determination. As shown in this match, any test player can get a hundred even the inexperienced khawaja did but it takes skill to concentrate for so long. In the case of williamson and taylor they had to bat for a long period against the world's bet bowling attack in my opinion
Really sad to see Mitchell Johnson finish his playing career.

The Barmy Army had it spot on in their tribute to him - he was a great sport. In truth, this WACA pitch has been so docile. That said, Starc managed to hit the 160kph mark, which is exceptional, while Johnson was languishing around in the thirties.

Regardless, he's a great bowler with a very iconic delivery style. Getting that low, able to spring balls up the noses of England's upper order, Johnson was just such a talent.

His tenacity and ability to bounce back was exceptional, too. He shows that - with hard work and a bit of soul searching - you can always be successful after poor starts to a career.
Also, this India-SA Test has been such a ****ing let down.
Original post by sr90
x

Can you lock this thread now mate? We've got a new one!
Original post by Mackay
Can you lock this thread now mate? We've got a new one!

As requested

Latest