The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DontJudge
What if I’m not? :colone:

If I was joking I would be lying. As then I would be implying that Pakistani’s don’t have chappatti’s and the Pakistani team has not committed fraud in the past. Be proud of your heritage! :proud:

Spoiler

Also, I think fishes started off really weak, but now they’re smashing it with their performances, and they’re in the zone, so in theory they should be able to kik **** out of the paratai-eaters.

Haha nahh I wasn't serious made me laugh anyway
Reply 981
Good performance by Bangladesh by reaching the finals. When Zimbabwe or Bangladesh beat a better team like India everyone calls it an upset. Is it really an upset? They are both test teams. What is your view?
Reply 982
bangladesh is currently a better team than india and pakistan ^, as will be evidenced again today
Great start for Bangladesh tbh. Got to keep the intensity up for 50 overs though.
Go Bangladesh!!!
Into the tail now! Be amazing if we keep them to below 200!
Reply 986
This is Bangladesh's best chance to win the Asia cup and looks like Pakistan will be out under 50 overs :biggrin:
Hopefully our bowlers smash them up.
Ugh Shahadat Hossain what are we going to do with you?
Cricinfo need to change the colour of their text.

Think it's bold + blue for fours/sixes and wickets but now I have a heart attack each time I see blue text.

Can't they put wickets in red text or something?
Nazimuddin needs to start getting his strike rate up. Great to see 50+ without loss but its only working because Tamim is going at almost a run a ball.
Reply 991
i was secretly hoping this nazimuddin would get out :colondollar:, hoping to see a tamim iqbal century (unlikely) and some huge sixes from shakib inshallah. and then we win the t20 cup in six months
Original post by lifethrowslemons
I'm pretty happy that india is not in the finals ... which proves that they can only get into a final on home soil.

Indian conditions are pretty much the same as those in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka anyways. Mickey mouse tournament or not, India still should've done better. Whether you're playing in the WC final or an ODI against Ireland, you should give your best at all times.

I think the BCCI and a lot of fans believe that our performances away from home can just be forgotten about if we cane teams in the subcontinent. I'm sort of glad that wasn't the case this time as it'll give them a reality check and force them to make changes. But I won't hold my breath.

Still a bit euphoric from our WC win so anything ODI/T20-related just doesn't hit the spot these days. Would rather we concentrated on building a good Test side to compete against England when they tour.

Not entirely certain but I think we face NZ and SL before then so I think those series should be used to blood the long-term prospects through. Just drop Laxman already and try out the youngsters so that they're prepared for the 'bigger' series.
Pakistan were 134-6 after 35 overs and finished on 236-9.

We're on 132-3. Damn game is so tense!!
Reply 994
oh shiiiii :biggrin:
Think Bangladesh might fall 20 runs too short. Batsmen generally overawed and went into a shell due to the significance of the game imo.
Reply 996
tis gonna be close, provided mashrafe doesn't do anything super dumb
Too late, he just did.

Razzak, Shahadat all can swing their arms (along with Mahmadullah obviously). Going to be very close *heart attack*
My head wants Pakistan to win and my heart wants Bangladesh, the outsiders and better team to win...
What happens if its a tie? :tongue:

Latest