The Student Room Group

Do you get paid to do a Ph.D and if so, how much? (In the UK)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Susan.Nobre
And where you can found this PhD degrees? I really want to apply for. I'm a UE citizen living in UK, I got a British bachelor (Honours) degree, confirmed by UK NARIC, anyway, I don't know if I need to have a master degree to do the PHD (?) in science areas.

You usually don't need a Master's to do a PhD, but it varies from field to field. Fresh grads can jump right into it if they have a good enough academic scores and have the support of a supervisor.
Reply 21
Original post by Susan.Nobre
And where you can found this PhD degrees? I really want to apply for. I'm a UE citizen living in UK, I got a British bachelor (Honours) degree, confirmed by UK NARIC, anyway, I don't know if I need to have a master degree to do the PHD (?) in science areas.

Masters degree requirement is different for each field and even each university. Take a look on jobs.ac.uk under the PhD section as they are broken down by subject. PhDs are either funded internally as a graduate teaching assistant, scholarship or studentship or externally through a research council, company or charity. Not sure if UE is a typo and you mean EU? If so then funding is more readily available for EU citizens than non-EU citizens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending