The Student Room Group

Is it bad that all i care about is money?

Guy and 20. Throughout my life i have had terrible experiences with people who were meant to look after me when i grew up, and people who were meant to be my friends.

I just don't feel anything with people anymore. Like a while back when my best friend betrayed me for a girl i was dating, i expected it would happen deep down and shocked him when i acted as if it was all normal. I derived more joy from the fact that he could not look me in the eye each time i spoke to him like everything was normal. I then started ignoring him completely when I had got bored with that.

I am not a bad person per se, i am just very detached from people and I am very much into pursuing money than anything else. I may be ****ed up in the head, who knows, and sociopathic because i manipulate others, but tbh i must not be the only one who has got to this state of mind based on experiences. In the past i have been very much in pain because of my experiences, but now its really nothing when people betray me because i expect it. Sure i behave like a normal friend, but in my head i am always thinking about the worst outcome.
Reply 1
"All you care about is money. This town deserves a better class of criminal- and I'm gonna give it to 'em... it's not about money... it's about sending a message"-The Joker, The Dark Knight
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Guy and 20. Throughout my life i have had terrible experiences with people who were meant to look after me when i grew up, and people who were meant to be my friends.

I just don't feel anything with people anymore. Like a while back when my best friend betrayed me for a girl i was dating, i expected it would happen deep down and shocked him when i acted as if it was all normal. I derived more joy from the fact that he could not look me in the eye each time i spoke to him like everything was normal. I then started ignoring him completely when I had got bored with that.

I am not a bad person per se, i am just very detached from people and I am very much into pursuing money than anything else. I may be ****ed up in the head, who knows, and sociopathic because i manipulate others, but tbh i must not be the only one who has got to this state of mind based on experiences. In the past i have been very much in pain because of my experiences, but now its really nothing when people betray me because i expect it. Sure i behave like a normal friend, but in my head i am always thinking about the worst outcome.

Scimming this post I get the impression you just seek financial security, which is fine.
Reply 3
No, not at all. Financial security is something which is hugely important to me too and there shouldn't be any shame in it.

At least you're not one of those "Money isn't important to me, my parents have a joint annual income of £3.85 and we're so comfortable and happy - I could easily survive on less" idiots that you see floating around on TSR. They're going to have a nasty shock when they're cut loose and must fend for themselves :holmes:
Reply 4
How much have you made so far, OP?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

I know how you feel mate, not many things that i'm interested in anymore. It's all part of growing up I guess.
tbh alot of people care loads about money.
sometimes it seems its just more important than people...money does make the world go round after all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending