The Student Room Group

Bank of England initial entry scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I just recieved an email saying i didn't get through. Oh well i kind of knew it after i did the tests :frown: cogratulations to all of you guys that got to the selection stages and best of luck for the interview!
Original post by jsm92
I just recieved an email saying i didn't get through. Oh well i kind of knew it after i did the tests :frown: cogratulations to all of you guys that got to the selection stages and best of luck for the interview!

I'm sorry to hear that :frown:
You could always try applying next year if you don't find something else in the meantime, the world is full of opportunities :smile:.
Reply 42
I didn't get through too.... A one in a life time opportunity vanished in an email (without mentioning the one week of pain waiting for an answer after the tests) :frown:

Back to square 1 now. - well done for the people who passed anyway!

Does anybody know how many places were available? - just out of curiosity.
Original post by giuliano
I didn't get through too.... A one in a life time opportunity vanished in an email (without mentioning the one week of pain waiting for an answer after the tests) :frown:

Back to square 1 now. - well done for the people who passed anyway!

Does anybody know how many places were available? - just out of curiosity.

:frown: I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get through. Don't give up though, there are still options and you can always reapply next year. I don't know how many people applied but you can always ask for further details.

As for how many have gone through they are taking in 8 candidates a day and I believe there are 5 dates that were available so probably about 40 of us down to this stage. At least half of us won't get jobs though because I think I read on average they taken on about 20 new recruits.
Reply 44
Original post by makeasplash
:frown: I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get through. Don't give up though, there are still options and you can always reapply next year. I don't know how many people applied but you can always ask for further details.

As for how many have gone through they are taking in 8 candidates a day and I believe there are 5 dates that were available so probably about 40 of us down to this stage. At least half of us won't get jobs though because I think I read on average they taken on about 20 new recruits.

Thank-you makeasplash, you are right after all...
20 new recruits sound about right to me...
Good luck for your interview & let us all know what it is like & how it went - You never know they might start recruiting next year too...!!!
Original post by bobbyjimmy
I got through! :smile: Booked next stage for monday 9.30am . Best of luck to everybody else

Hey

How did it go? I'm booked in for Monday and I'm getting nervous!
Reply 46
Hi there

It was all right really , there was only 4 of us when i went. The group exercise was easy and the interview was nothing really that challenging if anything I think they should of asked slightly tougher questions. But i did find out there was 300 applicants at the start and now there down to 70 for the intervirews and theres only 25 positions so its going to be very hard to get on the scheme. Best of Luck and just relax.
Hi there

It was all right really , there was only 4 of us when i went. The group exercise was easy and the interview was nothing really that challenging if anything I think they should of asked slightly tougher questions. But i did find out there was 300 applicants at the start and now there down to 70 for the intervirews and theres only 25 positions so its going to be very hard to get on the scheme. Best of Luck and just relax.

You've somewhat relaxed me this morning, off for the interview in 30 minutes! That's quite interesting, surprised they are interviewing that many of us. Hopefully you've done enough and get a place. I just can't wait to find out either way about it.
Reply 48
You've somewhat relaxed me this morning, off for the interview in 30 minutes! That's quite interesting, surprised they are interviewing that many of us. Hopefully you've done enough and get a place. I just can't wait to find out either way about it.

I hope i did :smile: , yh so was I you have to be the best in every three ti get trough basically. How did it go?
Reply 49
anybody heard anything yet? im soo nervous
[INDENT]
anybody heard anything yet? im soo nervous

We won't hear anything back until at least 16th April unfortunately :frown:
Reply 51
[INDENT]

We won't hear anything back until at least 16th April unfortunately :frown:

how do you know that? they told me by easter ?
Reply 52
how do you know that? they told me by easter ?

Cos they said they cant answer during easter holidays and will answer during the week begining 16th April after deciding on 16th. Im getting pretty nervous waiting for that day !!! :frown:
Reply 53
Hey guys, I just got an email from the bank of england saying i have to wait until to the 20th of april, did anyone else get that???
Reply 54
Yeah right I'm so nervous as well, do you know how they are going to contact us?
Reply 55
Yeah I thought they did that as well, a week today ahhhhh!
Good luck everyone! I also got the email telling us it would be around the 20th. Hope you'll all let us know whatever the outcome. Fingers crossed for us all.
Reply 57
so i asked for feedback as to why i failed the tests.. this is the email i got..

> I am sorry for the delay in responding to your email. I am afraid that you failed the Spelling and Grammar test by 1 mark. Although you passed both the Numerical Awareness and the Decision Making tests, we require candidates to pass all three tests before progressing them to the final stage.
> I wish you luck in your future career.
> Kind Regards,

1 mark on spelling and grammar.. absolute piss take. :frown:

good luck to everyone else that has interviews though!
Reply 58
Original post by jsm92
so i asked for feedback as to why i failed the tests.. this is the email i got..

> I am sorry for the delay in responding to your email. I am afraid that you failed the Spelling and Grammar test by 1 mark. Although you passed both the Numerical Awareness and the Decision Making tests, we require candidates to pass all three tests before progressing them to the final stage.
> I wish you luck in your future career.
> Kind Regards,

1 mark on spelling and grammar.. absolute piss take. :frown:

good luck to everyone else that has interviews though!

No way , that is so harsh. Good Luck anyway mate
Reply 59
Has anyone heard back yet ?? good luck everyone !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending