The Student Room Group

SF Application cancelled as my uni has not confirmed my attendance

Hello,

My student finance application has been cancelled and I rang them, they said 'Student has not attended the course', and told me to check with uni and tell them to confirmed my attendance so they can reopen the application for me.

But, I looked at 'View Correspondence' and it said that the student finance was cancelled last week and they got told that I have withdrawn from the course on 3rd February 2012. Although, I have been attending classes, my name is on registry and i am still enrolled on all modules. (Status is confirmed)

What I dont get is that last term there is the same problem but application was not cancelled and I had to chase the uni so they confirmed (the blamed student finance for being slow, but student finance said uni has not done it...:O) Asa result, I recieved first 2 installments of my maintenance loans were paid and all was fine.

Now, it is this.

I emailed everyone who is relevant at uni and going to go to see them on monday, just want to ask what you guys think about this. Is it possible that I have been kicked out? I have been getting 2:1 on most of my assignments and althouhg I missed many classes last term, I have not missed any this term.

Thanks.
Reply 1
Doubt very much you have been kicked out. Obviously a problem either at the uni or with SFE. (NEVER trust what SFE say). Contact the uni on Monday and they'll sort it out for you.
That's what i thought.

Thank you so much and yes I dont really trust what they say anyway because it took them 9 months to sort all of my application process. And this was only a month ago. They keep causing problem for me.
Reply 3
You could always visit your Student Union Advice service. They'll get on the back of the SFE for you if it doesn't get resolved. However, your uni funding dept should be your first port of call as they should be able to solve it for you.
All sorted now. Turned out it was human error at the university academic section. They incorrectly entered me as not attending the course.

It is so annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending