The Student Room Group

Ucl school of pharmacy - interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
those people who have got offers from uclsop i have applied for pharmacy and want to know what i should know for the interview? any help would be appreciated!
Original post by conjepense
those people who have got offers from uclsop i have applied for pharmacy and want to know what i should know for the interview? any help would be appreciated!

hey, if youre in year 12, dont worry, the interview is veryy easy, more like a chat tbh.
they ask:
why pharmacy
why uclsop
and other questions related to ur personal statement, but as i said dont worry about it,
Reply 42
Original post by username2012
hey, if youre in year 12, dont worry, the interview is veryy easy, more like a chat tbh.
they ask:
why pharmacy
why uclsop
and other questions related to ur personal statement, but as i said dont worry about it,

thanks im actually a gap year student.... how long is the interview? do they ask anything related to pharmacy itself like drugs or recent news?
thanks im actually a gap year student.... how long is the interview? do they ask anything related to pharmacy itself like drugs or recent news?

The interviewer literally asked me how i got to the school, why pharmacy, and what i read in the news recently relating to medicine/pharmacy and that was it, interview was about 3-5 minutes max. They're really nice and as people have mentioned before its just a really informal chat, so be yourself and smile loads :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by cosmobear92
The interviewer literally asked me how i got to the school, why pharmacy, and what i read in the news recently relating to medicine/pharmacy and that was it, interview was about 3-5 minutes max. They're really nice and as people have mentioned before its just a really informal chat, so be yourself and smile loads :smile:

thanks so much! i am a dental applicant and didnt manage to get a place in dentistry so now im applying to pharmacy at lsop through extra... im going to be honest i am not very knowledgable about pharmacy and im just planning what i should say for their iv questions.... is it possible if u could let me know what ur answer was for why pharmacy? or just generally the reasons for why pharmacy?
:smile: sorry for so many questions!
thanks so much! i am a dental applicant and didnt manage to get a place in dentistry so now im applying to pharmacy at lsop through extra... im going to be honest i am not very knowledgable about pharmacy and im just planning what i should say for their iv questions.... is it possible if u could let me know what ur answer was for why pharmacy? or just generally the reasons for why pharmacy?

Haha your in the exact same situation as me! Or was in! :smile: I was a failed dentist but uclsop was my back-up. Er i'd day read up on wiki just about pharmacy in general and maybe go on the nhs websites? They're designed for patients but are so useful especially for the why pharm question. For the why pharmacy i had loads of stuff like my interest/love of science, interest in the healthcare system, i mentioned my work experience and linked it in as well to why pahramcy and i also mentioned helping people :rolleyes: which is the biggest cliche but linking it into the development and dispensing of drugs. Oh! and also the BBC is really good for science articles, hope that helps :smile:

Haha your in the exact same situation as me! Or was in! :smile: I was a failed dentist but uclsop was my back-up. Er i'd day read up on wiki just about pharmacy in general and maybe go on the nhs websites? They're designed for patients but are so useful especially for the why pharm question. For the why pharmacy i had loads of stuff like my interest/love of science, interest in the healthcare system, i mentioned my work experience and linked it in as well to why pahramcy and i also mentioned helping people :rolleyes: which is the biggest cliche but linking it into the development and dispensing of drugs. Oh! and also the BBC is really good for science articles, hope that helps :smile:

have you considered post grad dentistry?
Original post by The_Jatt_Joker
have you considered post grad dentistry?

I have, but tbh at the moment I'm just focused on pharmacy like looking into the course and career options after. But 4 years is a long time so who knows?

Did you apply for medicine/dentistry?
I have, but tbh at the moment I'm just focused on pharmacy like looking into the course and career options after. But 4 years is a long time so who knows?

Did you apply for medicine/dentistry?

no but im seriously considering post grad dentistry. i asked the lady about pharm job prospects and she said there is a high chance of job difficulties. I feel that pharmacy is becoming very saturated. whereas dentistry will have better prospects in the future
Original post by The_Jatt_Joker
no but im seriously considering post grad dentistry. i asked the lady about pharm job prospects and she said there is a high chance of job difficulties. I feel that pharmacy is becoming very saturated. whereas dentistry will have better prospects in the future

Ok, was this at uclsop? The student showing us around was telling us how pharmacy was 'the future of healthcare' and he kept mentioning all the job prospects, especially for uclsop students.

But I mean 4 years is a long time so who knows :smile:
Is uclsop your first choice/firm?
Ok, was this at uclsop? The student showing us around was telling us how pharmacy was 'the future of healthcare' and he kept mentioning all the job prospects, especially for uclsop students.

But I mean 4 years is a long time so who knows :smile:
Is uclsop your first choice/firm?

yeah at ucl the person in charge of placements told me this. and ucl will be my firm
Reply 51
can anyone give me a detailed account of what they saw on work experience at the pharmacy? any help would be really appreciated :smile:
Sup guys have any of you looked at or know about pharmacy industry i.e working for GSK as a pharmaceutical rep, etc where the big monies at :biggrin:
if so whats my career path? any info or links would be much appreciated.
many thanks :biggrin:
Reply 53
what guys did you guys have for GCSE? to apply for pharmacy at ucl?
Reply 54
I have a conditional offer from UCL for Pharmacy. I had 5 A*s (English Literature, English Language, Chemistry, Science, Graphics), 5 As (Biology, Physics, Religious Education, Art, Statistics) and 1 B (Maths). However, their website simply states that 'grade B or higher in GCSE Maths and English Language' is required - so as long as you meet these requirements and their other entry requirements I don't think GCSE grades are particularly important.
Original post by pops12345
what guys did you guys have for GCSE? to apply for pharmacy at ucl?

Yea broski don't worry about those grades i had 4A's Physics,Chem,R.E and eng lit
rest were B's and one C i also got a D in French and i did not put it on UCAS and i had no problems, FOCUS ON PERSONAL STATEMENT if you get an interview your pretty much in, my Personal statement made up for my grades as i did charity work in Bangladesh. :biggrin:
Any question just message me mate.
Reply 56
Hey guys, Im hoping to study pharmacy and I didn't do too well at AS, I got ABCD :frown: do I have a chance if my predicted grades are quite high. What did u guys get for AS? Thank you!
Reply 57

i got an email saying i have to go to an open day with a math test and a group discussion and one to one discussion and tours and stuff. Is this a interview?
Reply 58
Posted from TSR Mobile

No its an open day
Reply 59
the discussion is quite casual! no worries!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending