The Student Room Group

HELP: I got a pharmacy interview but how do I prepare?

I got a pharmacy interview and I'm not really sure how to prepare?

Do I do some research into pharmacy? Do I not have to do any specific prep? What will their questions relate to generally? (Like about my personal statement? Work experience?)

Update: Got the offer.

Some advice for anyone who is also gonna get an interview for Bradford MPharm. Its easy, just have basic knowledge of medical related terms, nothing special and be confident.

I didn't even end up preparing for it.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Original post by bigplongus

Do I do some research into pharmacy? Do I not have to do any specific prep? What will their questions relate to generally? (Like about my personal statement? Work experience?)

Are you yr 13 or gap year student as that is really early for an interview invite as far as i know
Original post by RPJ01
Are you yr 13 or gap year student as that is really early for an interview invite as far as i know

Year 13, i applied early, they typically carry out interviews between november-april. they responded in like 4 days and I have an interview in november.

I applied to medicine also, pharmacy is kind of a back up but something I would genuinely want to do if medicine fails.
(edited 1 year ago)
Im applying to the university of Bradford i forgot to mention
Reply 4
Oh ok fair enough. I also applied to medicine and applied for pharmacy at UCL as my 5th option. Well good luck in your interview. I think what I’m going to do is just research some common diagnosis or just read over my personal statement. If you did any research such as essay or EPQ just make sure to say what you gained from research as a pharmacy course also entails research
Year 13, i applied early, they typically carry out interviews between november-april. they responded in like 4 days and I have an interview in november.

I applied to medicine also, pharmacy is kind of a back up but something I would genuinely want to do if medicine fails.

My interview for BFD is nov 16.did you get any info about what they ask?

mine is also on the 16th. they havent told me anything, i asked my teachers at school and they expected me to know what type of questions theyd ask cause i guess they expected the univeristy to say something? i havent found much online. some person uploaded a 36 page document on pharmacy questiosn but i dont know if we even need to know that much. my teacher said its probably gonna be an evaluation of basic pharmacy knowledge and how i work underpressure. Honestly its really hard finding something on BD Pharmacy.
Original post by Drphil123786
My interview for BFD is nov 16.did you get any info about what they ask?

Hi @bigplongus

Congratulations on your interview!

I think the best way to prepare is to write down possible questions that your interviewer could ask you from your personal statement. Study your personal statement and make sure you can back up each point.
As well as this, think about the experiences you have had which has helped you make a decision about studying pharmacy and think about how these could be included in your answers and throughout the interview.

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
Reply 9

Some advice for anyone who is also gonna get an interview for Bradford MPharm. Its easy, just have basic knowledge of medical related terms, nothing special and be confident.

hi im so sorry for the late reply but ill be applying this September so i was wondering when did you apply and what type of questions did you get? thank you any help would be appreciated and how do you find Bradford uni :smile:
Hi i have an interview at bradford for pharmacy and I'm not sure what the team assessed task would entail most of the information i have found is outdated so if anyone could provide me with any info on what to expect or perhaps how to prepare i would be grateful
Reply 11
Original post by Mariam2409
Hi i have an interview at bradford for pharmacy and I'm not sure what the team assessed task would entail most of the information i have found is outdated so if anyone could provide me with any info on what to expect or perhaps how to prepare i would be grateful

Hii which uni is it? I can help x
Bradford
Reply 14

Hi there do you remember what type basic medical terms they had asked you please as I've applied and stressed out for the interview
Reply 15
Bradford

I've applied there to . When is your interview ? Also if you Can help me with some info please if you end up doing it before mine
Reply 16
Please remember that sharing specific Interview details is forbidden by TSR.
Please dont ask / please don't respond.

And if you think about it, it isnt in your interest to share this info,
If you give someone else any advantage in the interview process, they may get an offer - instead of you.
Reply 17

Hi, how did it go then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending