The Student Room Group

Help history prelim tomorrow!!

I have my history prelim tomorrow wondering what the structure is? how many essays do i have to write? how long should it take me? if you could help me now it would be a huge help i would really appreciate it kinda having a mental breakdown here :confused:
Hi :smile:

Tomorrow, you should have two exams. Paper 1 will be an hour and a half, and in it you'll have to write 2 essays each lastings 45 minutes. These essays should be on the two topics you chose to write on in class, e.g. Britain 1850-1951. There will be a selection of questions for each topic. Paper two will last 85 minutes, and will consist of 4 source questions on the topi you have studied in class for this section, e.g. Scottish Wars of Independence 1286-1328. There will be two 10 mark questions, and two 5 mark questions.

Hope this helps, and good luck for tomorrow!
Reply 2
Just had my Higher History prelim today and paper 1 is actually 1 hour and 20 mins, therefore 40 mins to write 2 essays - plenty time if you know what you're writing!
Original post by Nfergs
Just had my Higher History prelim today and paper 1 is actually 1 hour and 20 mins, therefore 40 mins to write 2 essays - plenty time if you know what you're writing!

Oh yeah, sorry! Just being forgetful since the once we did in class were 45 each, but the exam ones are 40 :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by JumbleJumble
Oh yeah, sorry! Just being forgetful since the once we did in class were 45 each, but the exam ones are 40 :smile:

Haha for the NAB Essay on Germany we got an hour to do one essay! :frown:
Reply 5
Thanks! It went quite well just hoping for the best!:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending