The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Which halls are best?

I'm gna b studying Accountancy and Finance this sept at the All Saints Campus and I really dnt no where to live. Iv herd that Cambridge and Cavendish are supose to be quite good for meetn pep bt I dnt no which one wud be beta. Or r ther ne otha gd ones, lik tha r ensuite as well?? Wud really appreciate sum help decidin, thanx! :smile:
Reply 1
Pinky were in the same boat, ive applied to do Accounting & Finance (Foundation Year) as well in september 2006, ive had an offer from them. So i might go to a visit day next week wednesday at the john dalton building.

I dont know what accommodation your taling about lol I think we will be staying at Mill point accommodation I dont know about you but thats the best and its in city centre so you cant go wrong, you know what i mean.

anyway you gonna go to the visit day on wednesday next week just to ckeck the uni out.........................
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
hey,i noticed u all seem to be getting excited about mill point- although they are new and probably really nice, they are opposite the business school but thats it, they are away from all the other uni halls union etc as u already know the business school is about 10 mins walk from all saints and the main student life.

town may be good in manchester but as a student i dont normally go out there in the eve it can be quite expensive, the students stick around allsaints and fallowfield and student bars.

also if your in the john dalton building you would prob be better in cambridge or oxford court, in both u have your own room and share kitchen with about 5 or 10 depends on ur flat size.
u should visit the uni on an open day and look at where everything is
hope this helps
I stayed in Cambridge in my first year and would recommend it to anyone whose building is around the all saints campus... and especially because its near Footage and I work there and that makes me cool. :P
Reply 4
charlib
hey,i noticed u all seem to be getting excited about mill point- although they are new and probably really nice, they are opposite the business school but thats it, they are away from all the other uni halls union etc as u already know the business school is about 10 mins walk from all saints and the main student life.

town may be good in manchester but as a student i dont normally go out there in the eve it can be quite expensive, the students stick around allsaints and fallowfield and student bars.

also if your in the john dalton building you would prob be better in cambridge or oxford court, in both u have your own room and share kitchen with about 5 or 10 depends on ur flat size.
u should visit the uni on an open day and look at where everything is
hope this helps

....They also charge a ridiculous amount for parking! (£700 per year)
JessR88
....They also charge a ridiculous amount for parking! (£700 per year)

Manchester really isnt the cheapest place to park a car

Cambridge halls are decent anyway

Another question, how far away are the Oxford & Briarfields from the campus ? They look quite close. What are the areas like that the 4 central halls are in ? :tsr2:
Cambridge rules! I stayed there and it was brilliant! Would avoid living in Cavendish at all costs!

Latest

Trending

Trending