The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnett application

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I got 8 A*s and 3 A's for my predicted grades what about you?, and my meetings on the 25th of March from 11am-12, What did you get?
Reply 61
My meeting is on the 19th at 3pm. Are these meeting in groups or are they like interviews?
Reply 62
"Subject to your gcse results" basically means that if you don't get at least 6 A's (which is their entrance criteria) then you can't go to the school in September.

My meeting is on 18th March at 9am. I think that you just meet the head of sixth form for a quick chat about subject choices, but it's not an interview. More like a consultation I think :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
And I'm taking History, Politics, Spanish and Music :tongue:
Reply 64
Original post by R-Bella
"Subject to your gcse results" basically means that if you don't get at least 6 A's (which is their entrance criteria) then you can't go to the school in September.

My meeting is on 18th March at 9am. I think that you just meet the head of sixth form for a quick chat about subject choices, but it's not an interview. More like a consultation I think :smile:

Mine says that and "subject to your... Subject choices." That's the bit I'm worried about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Original post by hanchaemin
Mine says that and "subject to your... Subject choices." That's the bit I'm worried about.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what my letter says too. I doubt there's anything to be worried about.
Reply 66
Original post by itslolo
That's what my letter says too. I doubt there's anything to be worried about.

Someone in my school didn't get that though. She doesn't even need to go to any meeting!

I tend to worry a lot about nothing though. I'm sure it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Someone in my school didn't get that though. She doesn't even need to go to any meeting!

I tend to worry a lot about nothing though. I'm sure it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? What did she get accepted without the meeting? Well, thats wierd, I dont know then.
Reply 68
I thought that they gave conditional offers to everyone?!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by itslolo
Really? What did she get accepted without the meeting? Well, thats wierd, I dont know then.

My appointment is on the 19th so I'll tell you what happens. Fingers crossed it'll be OK. Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
What are you taking, by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by R-Bella
I thought that they gave conditional offers to everyone?!

Really! What? But then why would they bother sending letters to us?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
Ahhh no I meant that I thought they gave conditional offers to all of the people they wanted? I didn't mean to everyone who applied!
Reply 73
What are you taking, by the way?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm taking Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths, what about you?
Reply 74
Some of the first comments are really biased; most of the teachers are good, especially in the chem, maths, language (+latin) and physics departments. And most people are friendly, especially to newcomers. :redface:
Reply 75
Rosaknows we have the same name :smile: Do you go to HBS at the moment?
Reply 76
Original post by R-Bella
Rosaknows we have the same name :smile: Do you go to HBS at the moment?

Haha :smile: Do you?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 77
Noo, but I got a conditional offer in the post yesterday, so hopefully I'll be coming in September :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by R-Bella
Noo, but I got a conditional offer in the post yesterday, so hopefully I'll be coming in September :biggrin:

Oh that's so cool ;0 there's one girl called Rosa who was older than me, but I think she's at uni now :smile: hope to see you in September!
Reply 79
Wooo yay!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending