The Student Room Group

Homeland

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead
nearly!

The hows your father at the love shack was right, the rest was a bit of a miss.
Reply 221
Just finished season 2, absolutely excellent. Saul carries the show, he was also excellent in Criminal Minds so I'd expect nothing less. Still don't quite see how Damian Lewis managed to get the gig as Brody, his character is boring beyond relief - at least the way it is played is. Carrie is brilliant & I really like Quinn and I hope he comes back in season 3 although it is obviously doubtful. Estees is a moron, I didn't like him in Robin Hood and he essentially plays the exact same character as that bloke as the President from 24 (to the point where I thought they were the same person for a while.)
Superb. :teeth:
No Jack Bauer cameo? Disappointed.
Reply 224
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
No Jack Bauer cameo? Disappointed.

Literally just quoted 24 at you in the other thread :rofl2:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
incidentally,

Spoiler

I thought it was an awesome show. The final is very good but i'm not going to spoil it, because it's not on UK tv yet
Reply 227
So according to The Guardian season 1 was far far better than season 2, almost sounded as though they didn't like season 2 very much.

I agree season 1 was better but season 2 has been gripping and enjoyable. What do you think?
Reply 228
Original post by original_username

Spoiler

I don't know, the writers would want us to think Saul orchestrated it but I don't think it was him.

You know when it showed his ex in India on the phone? I thought for a second it would pan out and we'd see that she has a big team that was behind the car bomb lol.
Reply 229
Original post by Luxray
So according to The Guardian season 1 was far far better than season 2, almost sounded as though they didn't like season 2 very much.

I agree season 1 was better but season 2 has been gripping and enjoyable. What do you think?

I really disliked 24 and season 2 really started to come across like a 24 parody. If the third season carries on in a similar vein, it's very likely I won't carry on watching
Reply 230
Have 3 episodes left to watch, might give them a watch tonight.
Reply 231
Original post by Mess.
I really disliked 24 and season 2 really started to come across like a 24 parody. If the third season carries on in a similar vein, it's very likely I won't carry on watching

The first 3/4 seasons of 24 are awesome!
Reply 232
Original post by Deshi
The first 3/4 seasons of 24 are awesome!

I just couldn't get with the premise of each season being 24 hours long :dontknow:
Reply 233
Original post by Mess.

I've never watched 24. I'm trying to get into Breaking Bad, whenever there's an article on Homeland there is always a comment about Breaking Bad underneath it. So I've decided to give it a go.
Reply 234
Original post by Luxray
I've never watched 24. I'm trying to get into Breaking Bad, whenever there's an article on Homeland there is always a comment about Breaking Bad underneath it. So I've decided to give it a go.

Breaking Bad is brilliant. It is going to be a sad moment for tv when it ends but it is great to see show runners having a vision of a show and only playing it out for that long rather than trying to shoehorn extra seasons in for ratings.
Reply 235
Original post by Mess.
x/QUOTE]

Glad I am not the only one who thinks that this whole trying to be 24 thing is annoying. I didn't like 24 and shall rue the day when Homeland becomes a copy of it.
Original post by Luxray

Trying? It took me about 10 minutes of episode 1 to get hooked.
Reply 237
Original post by original_username

Spoiler

Saul is not in cahoots with Nazir. Nor is anyone else who knew about the hit in Beirut (iirc) and did nothing, leaving it down to the wire when Brody sent his text.

Spoiler

Original post by Luxray

Season 1 was better, easily. You could see the threat developing all the way through (though I'm still not sure why Walker was on that fugitive couple's roof?) from both sides (including some twists like it being Walker instead of Brody, and then it being both) rather than this one where they did nothing of relevance until within one episode they kill off the VP.

And the finale too,

Not that it was a bad watch (though not great at times), but not as good as the first. I don't see Danes or Lewis getting Emmies for this season. Perhaps one factor is that I watched the first season in two sittings whereas with the second I had to get used to waiting, but I wasn't as hooked.
Reply 238
Interrogator: "Are you sometime called the Bear?"
Saul:"I ****ing hope not"

Made me laugh a bit too much.
Original post by Hopple
Saul is not in cahoots with Nazir. Nor is anyone else who knew about the hit in Beirut (iirc) and did nothing, leaving it down to the wire when Brody sent his text.

Another terrorist organisation is what a meant by something bigger.

Quick Reply

Latest