The Student Room Group

Women In Science

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LauraRD
Well, don't worry you'll be fine! Ohhh you're lucky you didn't do Biology then, ahaha.

Yay, the e-mail got herreee, I was wondering when it would aahaha. It looks funnnn! Hopefully I'll come out of it with more of an idea of which bit of science I want to go into.. (:

How am I lucky I didn't do biol? because of the board?

yaay :biggrin::biggrin: yeah same :P - yeah nice packed day on the Tues hehe yeah i think thats what it'll be aimed at doing :smile: I'm just looking forward to the computing one hehe ooh and the tour of oxford :biggrin:
Reply 21
Original post by x_leah27_x
How am I lucky I didn't do biol? because of the board?

yaay :biggrin::biggrin: yeah same :P - yeah nice packed day on the Tues hehe yeah i think thats what it'll be aimed at doing :smile: I'm just looking forward to the computing one hehe ooh and the tour of oxford :biggrin:

Oh, because Biology has a looooottt of information to learn. It's easy to understand, but there's a lot of it ahaha. I guess how I feel about Bio is how you feel about Chem. d:

Oh God, I live in Oxford and I'm still looking forward to the tour. XD I hope it's a bus one though. I'm excited for the QUIIZZZZ. Unless it's alllll science based. Although that could still be fun. Idk. (:
Reply 22
What time you are guys getting there on the Monday? And what are you wearing to the formal thing?! I'm quite excited now since I got the email :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by 03hope03
What time you are guys getting there on the Monday? And what are you wearing to the formal thing?! I'm quite excited now since I got the email :smile:

I'm planning to get there at about 1pm. (:
Argh, I don't know about the formal bit...Always confuses me how formal they want it to be. d: Obviously not too formal though, aha. I'm not sure, I'll probably end up deciding pretty late. n_n

Yeah, getting the e-mail does make it more exciting. XD
Reply 24
Original post by LauraRD
Oh, because Biology has a looooottt of information to learn. It's easy to understand, but there's a lot of it ahaha. I guess how I feel about Bio is how you feel about Chem. d:

Oh God, I live in Oxford and I'm still looking forward to the tour. XD I hope it's a bus one though. I'm excited for the QUIIZZZZ. Unless it's alllll science based. Although that could still be fun. Idk. (:

ahh right! yeah most probably :P

ah thats cool! I'm 3 and a half hours away down south wales hehe :smile: I went up to Oxford yesterday for a 'women in computer science day' its made me even more excited to come up again in april lol!! oooh yes! ah i hope its like history based, or general knowledge, or sport - but I highly doubt this :L aah

my train arrives at quarter past 1! :smile: ooh I have no idea, how formal is 'formal' ahah :L I think I may bring a few choices of outfits and decide when I get there hehe :P ah same here!! :biggrin: what about you?
Reply 25
my train arrives at quarter past 1! :smile: ooh I have no idea, how formal is 'formal' ahah :L I think I may bring a few choices of outfits and decide when I get there hehe :P ah same here!! :biggrin: what about you?

I think I'll arrive between 1 and 1:30 :smile: As for the formal, I have absolutely no idea :tongue: I have a few dresses I could wear but I dunno which one yet, will probably do the same and decide on the night :smile:

I'm really glad I have started talking to you guys, at least this way we will kind of know somebody when we get there :tongue:
I went up to Oxford yesterday for a 'women in computer science day' its made me even more excited to come up again in april lol!! oooh yes!

Really glad you enjoyed the day! We enjoyed having you all here. :-)
Reply 27
I think I'll arrive between 1 and 1:30 :smile: As for the formal, I have absolutely no idea :tongue: I have a few dresses I could wear but I dunno which one yet, will probably do the same and decide on the night :smile:

I'm really glad I have started talking to you guys, at least this way we will kind of know somebody when we get there :tongue:

ah same here! ahh I have nooo idea what to wear - I think i'm going to have to go shopping..

I'm worrying a bit to be honest, I've been put in a cast today for ligament damage and I'm worried they may not let me go for like health and safety reasons or something :frown: I've just emailed them to find out though!!

yeah same! good to know other people who are going :P

Original post by Oxford Computer Science Dept
Really glad you enjoyed the day! We enjoyed having you all here. :-)

ah yeah it was fab! Thanks so much! Had such a good day :smile:
Reply 28
ah same here! ahh I have nooo idea what to wear - I think i'm going to have to go shopping..

I'm worrying a bit to be honest, I've been put in a cast today for ligament damage and I'm worried they may not let me go for like health and safety reasons or something :frown: I've just emailed them to find out though!!

yeah same! good to know other people who are going :P

I would go shopping, but I already own way too many dresses and have absolutely no money :tongue:

I'm sure it'll be fine, so don't worry :smile: I have a long term chronic illness and they're okay about me going, so I'm sure casts and things are fine :smile:
Reply 29
I would go shopping, but I already own way too many dresses and have absolutely no money :tongue:

I'm sure it'll be fine, so don't worry :smile: I have a long term chronic illness and they're okay about me going, so I'm sure casts and things are fine :smile:

ahah I think of it as more of an excuse to buy a new dress.. :P but I actually have no money either..as I haven't been able to lifeguard due to my cast aha :L

ahh I think it will be ok but I just wanted to make sure :smile: ah its good that they can accommodate that (although I would be surprised if they didn't)

eeee I'm excited! almost 1 week to go now!! :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 30
Almost timeee! o:
I'm getting excited, still nervous though. d:
Have you guys figured out what you're going to wear to that formal thing yet? XD
Reply 31
Original post by LauraRD
Almost timeee! o:
Have you guys figured out what you're going to wear to that formal thing yet? XD

yay! :biggrin:
ah same here! - yess I bought a new dress yesterday, its just like a tight fitting black dress really :P It may be a bit too dressy-uppy but oh well :lol:
what are you going to wear? :smile:
Reply 32
Original post by LauraRD
Almost timeee! o:

ah same here! - yess I bought a new dress yesterday, its just like a tight fitting black dress really :P It may be a bit too dressy-uppy but oh well :lol:

Ah, less than 24 hours! :biggrin: Are you guys all packed and ready? I am :tongue:
Your dress sounds nice :smile: I think I'm gonna stick to a black dress as well, less hassle, but I'm bringing a spare dress in a brighter colour just in case I change my mind :tongue: Do you think the weather will be nice? :smile: I'm really nervous about not knowing anyone, so hopefully I'll get talking to you guys :smile:
Reply 33
Ah, less than 24 hours! :biggrin: Are you guys all packed and ready? I am :tongue:
Your dress sounds nice :smile: I think I'm gonna stick to a black dress as well, less hassle, but I'm bringing a spare dress in a brighter colour just in case I change my mind :tongue: Do you think the weather will be nice? :smile: I'm really nervous about not knowing anyone, so hopefully I'll get talking to you guys :smile:

Ee i know :biggrin: ah i'm not packed yet! Will get started on that soon though..i have planned what i'll be weaing each day though :L
Yeah i think i may do the same! I'll probs end up sticking with my black dreess though :smile: yeah i think it will be!

Ah same here but everyones going to be in the same situatiton so i think it'll be fine :biggrin:
Reply 34

Oh lol..I'm not packed yet, doing it now. XD
I've got a black dress with flowers on, but I am going to bring a spare dress or skirt just in case ahaha.
The weather's been okay-ish over here recently, got a bit of sun but it's a bit chilly as well. d: Could change though.

Yeah, I'm nervous about that too. :L Everyone is though, so it'll work out in the end I suppose. (:

See you there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending