The Student Room Group

Do I have a moral responsibility to not sleep with guys who are taken?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
And Goody2Shoes-x

And yes, I have been in that situation before and I can imagine being it now. If I was married, there would be something wrong with me if I thought my husband was innocent when sleeping around. And I would think my husband's behavior to be equally wrong if he had tried to get laid and succeeded or if he had tried to get laid but failed. I don't see how it's much worse just because a girl who doesn't know me happens to agree with my bloke. It's the husband/boyfriend who can betray me - how can a stranger betray me? I don't have a relationship with all the strangers in the world. Their behavior with other people is not my concern and doesn't hurt me.

I don't think that it's okay to cheat and I have never claimed that I think it is. I do however think that it's mostly a concern for the couple, not for by-standers and strangers such as myself.
Reply 61
As banging my head into a wall sounds like something that could potentially kill or me or injury me seriously. I don't understand how I can invoke such anger when they know nothing about me. People here have said that they don't need to know me in order to feel hatred, and that is heartbreaking to hear and makes me feel sorry for them honestly. I can't imagine what it would be like wishing physical injury to another person and even less what it would be like wishing the life out of someone (in rare cases I do wish that people were far, far away from me though). And how do you guys view the world if you think that I deserve injury/death regardless of all my other actions in my life? Do you sincerely believe that nothing you do or don't do ever causes other people pain? And in this case it's even about me having the potential of causing the woman pain.
Reply 62
Original post by Goody2Shoes-x

And as I said before, if it got out, what would your friends and family think of you? Any potential boyfriends would likely run a mile if they found out. It's damaging to you, not just this man and his wife.

As for this, I think that the people who have chosen to stick around with me have a good capability of understanding my point of view and why I behave the way I do. They're open people, willing to listen to my train of thoughts. As for a potential boyfriend, I look for similar qualities as above mentioned. I would hope that he would understand that all people are flawed but be able to experience that my qualities and choices outweighs the bad ones.
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous
As for this, I think that the people who have chosen to stick around with me have a good capability of understanding my point of view and why I behave the way I do. They're open people, willing to listen to my train of thoughts. As for a potential boyfriend, I look for similar qualities as above mentioned. I would hope that he would understand that all people are flawed but be able to experience that my qualities and choices outweighs the bad ones.

"that my good qualities and choices" is what I meant to say
The fact you're taking a throwaway comment about bashing your head in so seriously kinda tells me you're very vunerable mentally, which also explains why you're believing everything this cad tells you and actually think the fact he showers you with affection means you're important to him or that he genuinely cares for you.

I'm sorry to have to tell you all this but he is just using you. In a straight ultimatum between his wife and you, he'd choose his wife and dismiss you as a mistake. You really want to allow yourself to fall for someone like that?

I've seen this happen too many times, so I'm just telling you this before you do yourself anymore psychological damage. I doubt you'll listen to me and move on, but I hope you do. For your sake.
Reply 65
For me, it's very rare that I meet someone that I can connect with in such a way - enough for me to want to get very intimate with that person. I have been lonely for a long time, feeling isolated from reality (I could at times be too introverted and lost in my own thoughts) and suddenly I met someone who could make me feel seen and noticed, and who appeared to understand me and my view of the world.

you aint gonna meet people if your in this frame of mind! I mean from the sounds of it you need a babysitting more than having a relationship. I mean why would I even make a play at you?! You probably come off as a closed girl with nothing much to offer any potential bloke. Like i've said before, you'd be so easy to bag if some guy was willing to put in some effort. What about the type of guy you want? do you have any sort of respect for yourself, or is it just a case of whoever happens to be willing to change your nappies? :redface: Seriously, grow up. MOST of the human race won't bite you (unless that is your thing :wink: ) and quite frankly you could connect with any number of potential blokes. The problem is likely how YOU project yourself to the world. If you readily confess that it is rare that you connect with blokes, then by virtue it is rare that you will have a boyfriend. Absolutely no respect for yourself IMO.

And at the same time he was showering me with affection. At some point I decided that what I needed was more important than what a stranger who I haven't met nor will ever met (the wife) need. In all fairness, that's what all people do all the time. Maybe not necessarily with sex, but there's a reason why you don't donate your whole salary to charity, even though other people probably need those money a lot more than you do. I think it's a bit hypocritical of posters here to pretend otherwise.

if you don't respect yourself, then who else will? I mean I see what you mean about it being rare that you connect with blokes in a way because ultimately a lot of blokes would find YOUR behaviour here rather shameful. You sound like a liability! Why would I waste my precious time giving you the time of day if you try and justify screwing some girl's husband?? I want my own strong sexy woman. Not some girl who is someone else's bit on the side :redface: I don't think you get the whole how to attract a guy thing, and I doubt that you have sufficient problems as to render you unable to date normal single blokes.

Also, the charity comment. I agree that sex is a bit of a human need. BUT don't be under the illusion that guys don't contribute to their community. Giving your salary to charity is stupid, but volunteering in a school or a soup kitchen 1 day a week is most certainly more humble than having a quickie with the local married male slut once a week. Why not jib him off and do some charity work? "oh but I have needs mr stevo112, I need to feel loved". Baloney. You need to love yourself before anyone else can love you. And with such outdated morals as you have demonstrated, and the fact that your on tsr, you keep shooting yourself in the foot

As for the whole thing coming out, I don't see how it could happen. It's not like I tell everyone who I'm sleeping with (and I doubt he does either).

many ways it could come out;

1. someone witnessing
2. seeing you and him in public
3. rumour
4. text message

etc
Reply 66

For the record, it isn't always the case that friends tell you the truth. In fact there is too much sugar in the world these days. What your friends tell you may not be what they think. They may be open and willing to listen, but may also be judging.

Don't be so naive as to assume that all is rosy because people can be dicks and royally screw you over. The fact that you imply that your mates get your train of thought worries me, because your train of thought seems a bit warped. You feel lonely and disconnected and latch onto the first guy who shows you some attention, and he happens to be married. You have no desire to find someone for yourself, and most importantly is that you have no self respect and integrity. I wouldn't be surprised if your mates were enablers, people who keep you in some sort of loop which makes them feel better about themselves.

But yea, THIS post is purely speculation. I feel that it might not be correct, but it has a good chance of being true.
As banging my head into a wall sounds like something that could potentially kill or me or injury me seriously. I don't understand how I can invoke such anger when they know nothing about me. People here have said that they don't need to know me in order to feel hatred, and that is heartbreaking to hear and makes me feel sorry for them honestly. I can't imagine what it would be like wishing physical injury to another person and even less what it would be like wishing the life out of someone (in rare cases I do wish that people were far, far away from me though). And how do you guys view the world if you think that I deserve injury/death regardless of all my other actions in my life? Do you sincerely believe that nothing you do or don't do ever causes other people pain? And in this case it's even about me having the potential of causing the woman pain.

God just get over that comment already. It's the Internet. No one is going to track you down and injure you.
that is heartbreaking to hear.

If you think you're going to get any sympathy for your "heartbreak" over other people's vindication toward you for actively and knowingly destroying another's marriage you are seriously deluded.
Reply 69
I think it's unnecessary and quite immature with the name-calling and insults. You don't know me and this forum is for discussions, not bashing.

And I think it's unnecessary, immature, and disgusting of you to be sleeping with another woman's husband.

You're sleeping with a married man. Don't come here looking for sympathy. You're a slutty homewrecker who needs to get some morals and a little self-discipline. There is never any excuse for what you're doing, and stop trying to kid yourself that you're not in the wrong.

I don't think that it's okay to cheat and I have never claimed that I think it is. I do however think that it's mostly a concern for the couple, not for by-standers and strangers such as myself.

Why sleep with a married man then?:rolleyes: You know he's taken. You are just as responsible as him.
Reply 71
Original post by Dr Good Manners
The fact you're taking a throwaway comment about bashing your head in so seriously kinda tells me you're very vunerable mentally, which also explains why you're believing everything this cad tells you and actually think the fact he showers you with affection means you're important to him or that he genuinely cares for you.

I'm sorry to have to tell you all this but he is just using you. In a straight ultimatum between his wife and you, he'd choose his wife and dismiss you as a mistake. You really want to allow yourself to fall for someone like that?

I've seen this happen too many times, so I'm just telling you this before you do yourself anymore psychological damage. I doubt you'll listen to me and move on, but I hope you do. For your sake.

As mentioned several times in the thread, I haven't started a relationship with the fella and there have been no expectations of a commitment in any way.
Reply 72
Original post by Stevo112

Also, the charity comment. I agree that sex is a bit of a human need. BUT don't be under the illusion that guys don't contribute to their community. Giving your salary to charity is stupid, but volunteering in a school or a soup kitchen 1 day a week is most certainly more humble than having a quickie with the local married male slut once a week. Why not jib him off and do some charity work? "oh but I have needs mr stevo112, I need to feel loved". Baloney. You need to love yourself before anyone else can love you. And with such outdated morals as you have demonstrated, and the fact that your on tsr, you keep shooting yourself in the foot

many ways it could come out;

1. someone witnessing
2. seeing you and him in public
3. rumour
4. text message

etc

I guess you didn't understand my charity point.

And as for the other things, it happened in another continent in a country where no one knows me. And I am no longer in that country. I really don't see how it could come out.
Reply 73
Original post by OU Student
Why sleep with a married man then?:rolleyes: You know he's taken. You are just as responsible as him.

But why do you and other people think that I am in responsible of what's going on in a relationship of people that I don't know?
Reply 74
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
If you think you're going to get any sympathy for your "heartbreak" over other people's vindication toward you for actively and knowingly destroying another's marriage you are seriously deluded.

I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I feel sorry for them, not that anyone should feel sorry for me.
Reply 75
Original post by sophisticated
God just get over that comment already. It's the Internet. No one is going to track you down and injure you.

I never claimed that they will. I'm talking about there desires, caused by a provocative thread.
Reply 76
Original post by Stevo112
For the record, it isn't always the case that friends tell you the truth. In fact there is too much sugar in the world these days. What your friends tell you may not be what they think. They may be open and willing to listen, but may also be judging.

Don't be so naive as to assume that all is rosy because people can be dicks and royally screw you over. The fact that you imply that your mates get your train of thought worries me, because your train of thought seems a bit warped. You feel lonely and disconnected and latch onto the first guy who shows you some attention, and he happens to be married. You have no desire to find someone for yourself, and most importantly is that you have no self respect and integrity. I wouldn't be surprised if your mates were enablers, people who keep you in some sort of loop which makes them feel better about themselves.

But yea, THIS post is purely speculation. I feel that it might not be correct, but it has a good chance of being true.

It worries you that my friends doesn't feel the need to judge all of me based on only one of my many actions?

And who've said I don't have the desire to find someone for myself?
And why it is about self respect to respect the life choices of people I don't know?

And I've been thinking it through - most of my friends and family have experience of cheating (either been cheated on or have cheated on someone else), so I do think that it something that we could discuss if I wanted to (but obviously there is no reason for me to tell people in general who I'm with until I have a relationship).

And I don't think that cheating is the worst crime possible, really. My sister married the boy who broke her heart by cheating, and they're really happy together now.

And my stepfather wouldn't be in my life right now if my mum hadn't cheated on my dad. Her actions made her happier in the end. But with your logic, you think that my stepdad should've backed out of it and never have started something with my mum. And if so, then my mum's and my family's life would probably be worse off.

And never even once did I consider that he was in any way responsible of my mum's choices. My mum is an adult, just like me.
Reply 77
Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
That's handy, because nobody does. It's hard to feel anything but pity for a common harlot such as yourself.

Thank you for that valuable input into the thread. Now I suddenly understand your values and point of view!

:facepalm:
Thank you for that valuable input into the thread. Now I suddenly understand your values and point of view!

:facepalm:

You are most welcome. You're old enough to shag other people's husbands yet still have not aquired ANY "values" of your own.
But why do you and other people think that I am in responsible of what's going on in a relationship of people that I don't know?

eh?:s-smilie: The "relationship" you're in with this man, you're just as responsible as him. What has other peoples relationships got to do with it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending