The Student Room Group

Art Foundation applicants!

Has anyone heard anything back from MMU yet? Or CCW?

Also, which is better, Manchester School of Art or Leeds College of Art?
ooh, another MMU applicant! :biggrin: they're sending out their offers next week i believe, and CCW will be sending then out in the next two weeks also, but i reckon it'll be the later week.

MMU and LCA are really similar, i've been told that they work hand in hand and actually share a few tutors. i prefer MMU as they value drawing skills, whereas there tends to be more conceptual work at leeds. i think the studios are better there, and the people are really friendly too, but i got a nice friendly vibe for manchester too. i also think leeds would be a nicer place to live? so it's a really close call between those two for me. good luck, you'll hear back soon!
Reply 2
aww thanks for the info! i also applied to CCW for foundation diploma (graphics) (dont have the answer yet)
i just wanted to know, is the answer sent only by mail/post or you could receive it by e-mail? I'm from EU so i'm pretty sure i would have to wait one more week to receive it!
Original post by RebeccaLdr
aww thanks for the info! i also applied to CCW for foundation diploma (graphics) (dont have the answer yet)
i just wanted to know, is the answer sent only by mail/post or you could receive it by e-mail? I'm from EU so i'm pretty sure i would have to wait one more week to receive it!

i don't know i'm afraid, all the offers i've got so far have been posted to me, but because you don't live in the UK, i'd imagine they'd email you? :smile:
Reply 4
thanks becca! (is it a surname, or we've got the same name ahah?)
i hope they will, i was looking on the forum, and for CSM foundation, they were sending every answers by e-mail last year, one day would be the rejection and the day after would be the acceptances.. well, anyway just let's wait with fringer crossed!
Reply 5
Thanks for the help! I actually just got rejected from LCA, but I can sort of understand why. Most of my work is documentary/classical, which is something I know mmu said they admired. And I messed up in the LCA interview (:
I actually thought differently about living in Leeds/Manchester! Manchester seems way more vibrant! I think I now have my heart set on Manchester! What's your top choice?
Original post by RebeccaLdr
thanks becca! (is it a surname, or we've got the same name ahah?)
i hope they will, i was looking on the forum, and for CSM foundation, they were sending every answers by e-mail last year, one day would be the rejection and the day after would be the acceptances.. well, anyway just let's wait with fringer crossed!

haha yep, we've got the same name it seems! :tongue: yes, either way we don't have long to wait now.
Original post by LucyEliClay
Thanks for the help! I actually just got rejected from LCA, but I can sort of understand why. Most of my work is documentary/classical, which is something I know mmu said they admired. And I messed up in the LCA interview (:
I actually thought differently about living in Leeds/Manchester! Manchester seems way more vibrant! I think I now have my heart set on Manchester! What's your top choice?

that's a shame, hopefully you'll get into manchester then! haha yeah, my LCA interview was really awkward as well, i left it thinking 'oh god'. it could well be, i'm just not very familiar with the city, whereas i know leeds quite well and it's GREAT for the kind of music i like, i go to a lot of small gigs and such. manchester has a good music scene too, but the venues are apparently usually too large for bands i like to play there. i'll have to have a good explore though!

my top choice is CCW, followed by MMU, then leeds. :biggrin:
Reply 8
I'd have totally said the opposite! There are some really cosy venues in Leeds, but there are in manchester too! I love the little indie gigs that pop up around the city (:
Original post by LucyEliClay
I'd have totally said the opposite! There are some really cosy venues in Leeds, but there are in manchester too! I love the little indie gigs that pop up around the city (:

oh, that's good to hear! a friend of mine who used to go to gigs with me all the time goes to uni in manchester now, and no bands we like ever seem to play there. i might just not be paying close enough attention as i don't live there though hehe :smile:
Reply 10
I never really know what the bands are like until I get to the gig, perhaps it's just me being weird, but most of the bands I've got into recently have been from random discoveries :') And there's just something about bands and artists from Manchester, they're raw somehow.
Reply 11
Has anyone heard anything from MMU since they accepted? I got an email saying that they had ecieved my acceptance, but since then nothing, and i was expecting to have heard when the course dates are etc.

Quick Reply

Latest