The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by TotoMimo
Unfortunately, Melissa, I Deny this one.

I personally find food far more satisfying when I've handed over some crisp notes - it's like I give myself the thought "this is EARNED food. You HAVE to appreciate it!"

CONFIRM OR DENY: When you go abroad, any sense of food and drink rationality seems to be disabled. TWO FRIED BREAKFASTS FOLLOWED BY TWO PINTS OF LAGER PLEASE.

Denied!

When abroad, I just have to taste what the locals have to offer, even when I'm having too much fun..

CONFIRM OR DENY: Muesli, makes you get out of bed even when dead tired :coma:
Reply 381
Deny, but only because last time I checked I wasn't a rabbit.

Confirm or deny- food eaten on holiday does not count in terms of unhealthiness. Ten slices of bacon and four eggs? Same as a bowl of fruit.
Reply 382
THAT WAS MY EXACT POST, SYRETTD. Therefore HOW CAN I NOT CONFIRM?

CONFIRM OR DENY: Crisps should be eaten BEFORE sandwiches in a lunchbox because they are less interesting - and everyone knows you should eat items from least interesting to most!
Reply 383
Deny: I prefer the crisps to the sandwiches- depending on flavour though ( salt and vinegar suck)

Confirm OR Deny: Drinking decaffinated coffee/ tea totally beats the point in actually having a cup of tea or coffee. Caffeine is needed!
Reply 384
Deny. Sometimes a nice cuppa is good before bed, and I wanna sleep after!

Confirm or deny:
Waking up to the smell of bacon being cooked is one of the best ways to wake up.
Denied, it IS the best way to wake up :biggrin:

Thick base and thick crust pizza beats all other styles
Denied. It's the worst. If I wanted to eat a mouthful of dough, I'd do it without splattering on a meagre amount of tomato sauce & cheese first.

Confirm or deny; The UK could do with more continental ice cream flavours becoming easily available- like pistachio etc
Reply 387
Confirm, I went to Italy and there were like fifty different chocolate ice cream types! And Nutella ice cream!

Confirm or deny- eating cheese and biscuits instantly makes you civilised.
Denied. We used to have cheese & gin nights at our house during 3rd year of Uni, involving eating obscene amounts of cheese & crackers and getting totally trashed on gin & tonics. There was nothing civilised about watching my housemate puke on the living room floor. :awesome:

CONFIRM OR DENY: Mr Kipling does indeed make exceedingly good cakes.
Original post by amyshamblesxx
Denied. We used to have cheese & gin nights at our house during 3rd year of Uni, involving eating obscene amounts of cheese & crackers and getting totally trashed on gin & tonics. There was nothing civilised about watching my housemate puke on the living room floor. :awesome:

CONFIRM OR DENY: Mr Kipling does indeed make exceedingly good cakes.

Deny. He's let himself down with those vile Cherry Bakewells. The rest are exceedingly good though!

CONFIRM OR DENY - Chocolate Fudge Cake should always be served warm with ice cream :smile:
Confirmed :coma:

C/D- Rhubarb is just amazing to eat!!
Reply 391
Deny!! I strongly deteste rhubarb

Confirm or Deny- Chees in the crusts totally ruin the taste of the crusts and should never be added.
Reply 392
CONFIRM. I assume you mean Pizza. I had a friend who used to work in Pizza Hut and he mentioned it was just ripoff cheesestrings they used to shove in there anyway.

CONFIRM OR DENY: If you have a big hunk of spinach stuck in your teeth, I'd rather you were "impolite" and point it out as opposed to have me walking about with it in there all day.
Reply 393
CONFIRM.

I HATE this, its like oh, superb, I've been walking round like a COMPLETE IDIOT this whole time.

Confirm or deny:
Even if you don't like the meal I've made, it is nicer and more polite to at least attempt to eat it, rather than immediately say 'I don't like onions/peppers/mushrooms etc'.
Original post by dani_1991
CONFIRM.

I HATE this, its like oh, superb, I've been walking round like a COMPLETE IDIOT this whole time.

Confirm or deny:
Even if you don't like the meal I've made, it is nicer and more polite to at least attempt to eat it, rather than immediately say 'I don't like onions/peppers/mushrooms etc'.

DENY. As much as I love you Dani, if you made me a meal with stuff in it I simply didn't like, I wouldn't force it down me. I believe every meal should be enjoyed, why would I waste a meal on something I disliked?

Confirm or deny: Even if you don't like nuts on their own, there's a good chance you'll like praline chocolate or peanut chocolates.
Reply 395
Confirm. I fit that description and Topic is one of my fave. bars.

Confirm or deny: White chocolate smarties bar was AWESOME.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 396
DENY. I preferred the milk chocolate one. I'm not a fan of white chocolate!

Confirm or deny:
Nutella and breadsticks is a match made in heaven!
Original post by dani_1991
DENY. I preferred the milk chocolate one. I'm not a fan of white chocolate!

Confirm or deny:
Nutella and breadsticks is a match made in heaven!

Confirm. The blue pot KP dip thing led the way in this.

Confirm or deny: Chips without vinegar are naked and wrong.
Deny, vinegar's horrible.

Confirm or deny: Homemade bread (especially warm) is far nicer than shop-bought bread.
DENY. My ex boyfriend's dad used to make his own bread and it was horrible. Really dry and gross. BUT home made bread made properly is heavenly.

CONFIRM OR DENY: It is only acceptable to drink the milk left in a bowl of cereal if it has turned chocolatey. So drinking the milk from a bowl of Coco Pops is good, Cheerios not so much.

Quick Reply

Latest