The Student Room Group

This Is My Foodie Opinion, I Infer, I Imply! So What Do You Think? CONFIRM OR DENY?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dani_1991
Confirm. Basically the bigger the better! :biggrin:

Confirm or deny:
There is a time and a place for flavoured breads, sometimes standard white is all I want

Confirm. Even brown or seeded sometimes is too much. I like a slice of plain, pure, white, thin cut, sandwich bread for a snack. When I was younger I used to get a slice, flatten it between my palms and just munch it like that. JOY..

confirm or deny: If I order a dominos pizza, I'll always either add a topping, change a topping or make/choose my own pizza toppings. I want to be the master of my own pizza!
Reply 1181
DENY. Texas BBQ for me.

C/D: "I wouldn't miss garlic bread if it was slayed for good"
Confirm. Garlic bread is heaven.

Confirm or deny: Green tea > Black tea
Deny. Green tea is unnecessary.

Confirm or deny: Caramel frappucino is not coffee and anyone who claims to like coffee due to it is an idiot.
Reply 1184
CONIRM TIMES A TRILLION. This is one of my MASSIVE irks; when people claim to "love coffee". Then you offer them a coffee and they say, "oh no, I couldn't drink it like that. It needs to be a Starbucks version with cream and hazelnut and whipped ice cream meringue pieces and no coffee in it."

CONFIRM OR DENY: Watching an elderly relative try to order something off an ethnic/foreign food menu is PAINFUL.
Original post by TotoMimo
CONIRM TIMES A TRILLION. This is one of my MASSIVE irks; when people claim to "love coffee". Then you offer them a coffee and they say, "oh no, I couldn't drink it like that. It needs to be a Starbucks version with cream and hazelnut and whipped ice cream meringue pieces and no coffee in it."

CONFIRM OR DENY: Watching an elderly relative try to order something off an ethnic/foreign food menu is PAINFUL.

CONFIRM. wow, aren't old people naive on other cultures and well, a little bit racist? My nan is a liability to take out! "What's all this foreign muck? Coming over here, taking our jobs, now all you can find is there food..WHERE'S MY FISH AND CHIPS ON THIS MENU?"
Nan, we're at an Indian.

Confirm or deny: Soup with chunks > soup without chunks
Reply 1186
DENY. Nice and smooth without chunks please.

C/D: Smaller pizza's taste better than larger ones.
Reply 1187
CONFIRM, solely because I love TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLE PIZZAS you used to buy in big cylinders, French Bread Pizzas and Freschetta oven dealios.

Though if you've ever had a New York Slice... man, that is incredible. And those slices are cut from like, a QUADRILLION INCH pizza...

CONFIRM OR DENY: There is ALWAYS a Choco Leper in the box. Inexplicably, no matter HOW good a box of chocolates can potentially be, there will always be one that sucks baw.
CONFIRM, solely because I love TEENAGE MUTANT HERO TURTLE PIZZAS you used to buy in big cylinders, French Bread Pizzas and Freschetta oven dealios.

Though if you've ever had a New York Slice... man, that is incredible. And those slices are cut from like, a QUADRILLION INCH pizza...

CONFIRM OR DENY: There is ALWAYS a Choco Leper in the box. Inexplicably, no matter HOW good a box of chocolates can potentially be, there will always be one that sucks baw.

DENY. I can confirm on the most part, but there are a few boxes I've had which I've genuinely enjoyed every one. Lily O Brien chocolates for example. I think if you get a more specific box, like a "dessert range" or something, there tends to be less grim ones in there. Or ones that aren't to your taste anyway.

Confirm or deny: Honey is better as a flavour of things, like Honey loops and Honey roasted parsnips than it is in pure form like honey on toast.
Deny. I love honey, on toast or in my tea instead of sugar! Honey flavoured things are yummy but they don't beat pure honey on it's own, IMO.

Confirm or deny: Galaxy chocolate really doesn't taste as heavenly as it used to. :frown:
Reply 1190
Original post by F Ellen
Deny. I love honey, on toast or in my tea instead of sugar! Honey flavoured things are yummy but they don't beat pure honey on it's own, IMO.

Confirm or deny: Galaxy chocolate really doesn't taste as heavenly as it used to. :frown:

Confirmed: Galaxy isn't real chocolate anyway

Confirm or deny: Pineapple on pizza is disgusting. Why mix something so sweet with a main meal?!
Reply 1191
CONFIRM. Does anyone like it? REVEAL YOURSELVES!.

C/D: Just eat/hungryhouse make takeaways too convenient to order
Confirm. It makes it so easy, and I end up spending too much money when I'm really hungry by ordering too much stuff that I don't end up eating lol.

Confirm or deny: Whipped ice cream is better than scooping it from a tub.

(and btw, I like pineapple on pizza :colondollar:)
Reply 1193
100000% CONFIRMED. Getting your hands all cold and achy from trying to scoop out the hard as nails ice cream from the tub vs. pulling a little lever and pretending you're the icecream man and making an art of it. Nice and easy one.

C/D: Chocolate cigarettes may be a novel product, but the chocolate was always cheap crap.
Original post by Fusion
100000% CONFIRMED. Getting your hands all cold and achy from trying to scoop out the hard as nails ice cream from the tub vs. pulling a little lever and pretending you're the icecream man and making an art of it. Nice and easy one.

C/D: Chocolate cigarettes may be a novel product, but the chocolate was always cheap crap.

CONFIRM. It doesn't even taste like chocolate to me. The white powder candy stick versions were pretty poor too.

C/D: Brussels Pate may look disgusting, but it tastes wonderful.
Reply 1195
Confirm... Pate is totally underrated in all forms actually!!

Confirm or deny: Come Dine With Me is infuriatingly more entertaining than it should be...C
Confirm... Pate is totally underrated in all forms actually!!

Confirm or deny: Come Dine With Me is infuriatingly more entertaining than it should be...C

CONFIRM. I'm an addict. Genuinely, I don't think there's an episode I've not seen. I have DVDs and everything. Dave Lamb is my god. I will even re-watch them.

C/D: Most vegetables are best cook roasted, slowly.
Reply 1197
CONFIRM; what's not to like about DOUSING something in fat?!

CONFIRM OR DENY: SLICED ONIONS ARE FAR BETTER THAN DICED.
CONFIRM; what's not to like about DOUSING something in fat?!

CONFIRM OR DENY: SLICED ONIONS ARE FAR BETTER THAN DICED.

CONFIRM. Diced, may as well just take out the c. Died onions. Yes, they died. WHERE ON EARTH DO DICED onions go? If I've put onion in something, I want to see it, feel it, taste it. These just turn to nothing.

confirm or deny: Food eaten in class, during lesson time, somehow tasted better than eating the same food out of class.
Confirm! That 50p smartie cookie from the tuck shop sneakily eaten throughout the lesson was so good. Breaking pieces off and ninja-eating while their back was turned. Cookies never tasted so good! Can't imagine vegetables would have the same effect though...

Confirm or deny:
Sometimes I genuinely prefer snacking on vegetables (e.g some carrot sticks or cucumber etc) than having crisps or chocolate

Quick Reply

Latest