Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imperial College MSc Economics & Strategy for Business (ESB)

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny rabbit)
    I interviewed on 29th, Mar and received offer the next day.
    they move soooooo fast!!!
    How long after applying were you invited for interview?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Under consideration by dept. now.

From what you guys have said everyone who gets an interview, gets an offer pretty much?

Hopefully, they will give me an interview
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've just received email assigning my interview this Friday .

Any tip? I'm pretty nervous as my friends told me they have accepted 70 applicants so far.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How would they know ?

(Original post by trang)
    I've just received email assigning my interview this Friday .

Any tip? I'm pretty nervous as my friends told me they have accepted 70 applicants so far.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TBD)
    How would they know ?
    Facebook offer holders group
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm considering applying to this program. Can anyone who currently undertakes it share some experiences? Thanks in advance!

Kind regards

EDIT: Forgot to ask. I'm doing a BSc Economics, and I've taken a business course. I asked them wether I'd still be eligible to apply, and they said yes. I'm not so sure though seeing that the program is explicitly designed for business graduates. Judging from your experiences, would I be better of with the MSc Management?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have applied last year in mid Dec, and I have only just received a personal reply from the admin team asking me for more information with regards to the undergrad course I took. I went to their open evening and I am pretty sure they said the process will take up to 6 weeks. And it is now way over 6 weeks... does it mean I don't stand a good chance??

Tried finding any facebook offer holders group, etc and found a linkedin group for current students.. anyone who has also applied to this course??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascari)
    I have applied last year in mid Dec, and I have only just received a personal reply from the admin team asking me for more information with regards to the undergrad course I took. I went to their open evening and I am pretty sure they said the process will take up to 6 weeks. And it is now way over 6 weeks... does it mean I don't stand a good chance??

Tried finding any facebook offer holders group, etc and found a linkedin group for current students.. anyone who has also applied to this course??
    Don't worry. Imperial have a fairly sluggish admissions team for this course. I got my reply very late.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone receive their offer for the programme?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I´ve got my interview next week and was wondering how I could prepare myself? Also, does everyone who applies get an interview, or are the selective with interviews? Anyone knows anything about the ratio of the people getting an interview, to people getting admitted?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deilo)
    Hi everyone,

I´ve got my interview next week and was wondering how I could prepare myself? Also, does everyone who applies get an interview, or are the selective with interviews? Anyone knows anything about the ratio of the people getting an interview, to people getting admitted?
    You have passed the initial screening stage to be selected for an interview.
    My advice will be prepare for many commericial awareness questions!

I received my offer 10 days ago
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ubiquitous7)

Can you give me some examples of commercial questions? Is it something about advertisement? Thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to apply but don't have the time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just received my offer on friday...

I received an email, saying that they are offering me a place for the October 2013 entry and that the College Registry will make my offer offical via the student eservice, where they will also state the conditions of my offer!

Anyone know how long it will take till I receive the "official" offer? And what kind of offer can I expect, since I already graduated last May?

Cheers for your help!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deilo)

I received an email, saying that they are offering me a place for the October 2013 entry and that the College Registry will make my offer offical via the student eservice, where they will also state the conditions of my offer!

Anyone know how long it will take till I receive the "official" offer? And what kind of offer can I expect, since I already graduated last May?

Cheers for your help!

could u share me your interview experience? What kind of things they are looking for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Hi - would you mind telling me when did you apply?

Many thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunda)
    Can you give me some examples of commercial questions? Is it something about advertisement? Thank you!

I don't really understand what you mean by 'something about advertisement'. Examples of commercial awareness questions will be:
    1. What do you think about the merger between company A and company B?
    2. If you were the CEO of Company A, what would you do?

I think it's mainly about demonstrating thinking on your feet.
    Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ascari)
    Hi - would you mind telling me when did you apply?

Many thanks!
    Hi
    I applied beginning of December.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deilo)

Cheers for your help!
    I think we will wait 2 weeks from the initial offer for the official letter and specific conditions. You should be having an unconditional offer though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I think we will wait 2 weeks from the initial offer for the official letter and specific conditions. You should be having an unconditional offer though
    Thanks for your answer. Turns out I have an conditional offer, where the conditions are to send in a hard copy of my original transcript and degree certificate, which should be no problem

Regarding the interview, I was asked following questions:

1. Do you think the roots of the current financial crisis can be found in the failure of regional monetary policy making?

2. If you could choose to be CEO of one company, which one would it be? Would you change anything to their strategy, and if yes, what and how would you change it?

3. General Questions - Why Imperial? Why economics and strategy? Talk me through your CV.

4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

5. What is your definition of a successful strategy?

The atmosphere of the interview was very good and it was a very interesting talk! Left a good impression of Imperial for me..

That was about it! Good Luck to all of you out there!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2014
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.