The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Accommodation Worries

I've been looking at the accommodation this year and absolutely shocked how much it has gone up, but they have also got rid of Julian Markham and so as I will be attending Wimbledon, Im looking at Manna Ash and Don Gratton but I was wondering what other wimbledon students are looking at?
Reply 1
Hello, I am considering Wimbledon BA fine art painting at the moment but it's the accommodation that's really putting me off being so far away and having to travel in each day as you well know, it's a real shame. I've looked at a few but so far i'm at a real loss.

What course are you going for?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Well Ive been accepted for their Costume Interpretation course, and now its just the accommodation and the closest is still around an hour away :/ but we have to apply soon, april 2nd to be exact
Reply 3
I'm considering Wimbledon BA Fine art painting too. Another accommodation site is the camberwell campus its new this year; that's the one I'm leaning towards, but you're right, the travel is going to be a total pain. It's a shame they don't give you more information on the site too, it doesn't even say whether they are en-suite or not.
The hassle has to be worth going there though right?
Reply 4
Ahh I see, Im not too sure on the area of camberwell and they are a longer walk to the station that the others which aint too much of a problem but with the rest of the travel it makes it even longer realistically.
Original post by tp92*
I'm considering Wimbledon BA Fine art painting too. Another accommodation site is the camberwell campus its new this year; that's the one I'm leaning towards, but you're right, the travel is going to be a total pain. It's a shame they don't give you more information on the site too, it doesn't even say whether they are en-suite or not.

it must be a really awkward situation to be in, it's so odd that they added new halls but none near wimbledon? anyway, thought i'd give you a heads up that it might be hard to travel if you lived on the camberwell campus as it's a 20 minute bus ride to the nearest tube station, might be easier to go somewhere more accessible. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by tp92*

Camberwell to Wimbledon wouldnt be too dreadful, several buses go to Vauxhall (about 20mins away), then its a straight train ride to Wimbledon on Southwest Trains (through zones 2&3) - Ive not done the journey myself but the TFL website says its only a 22min journey from Vauxhall to Wimbledon.

Then of course theres the treck form the train station, but you'd have to do that no matter where you live!

I live in Camberwell and the buses are brilliant, they take you pretty much anywhere in London.
Reply 7
Hi I'm leaving Don Gratton House (off brick lane) and need someone to take over my room for the summer term, if anyone's interested please email me at [email protected].

The room is lovely and it's a great area so get in contact!

Thanks,
Scarlet
Reply 8
Hi, I too am headed to WCA in September (tech arts and special effects), I heard that a lot of first years go straight into renting houses to avoid the commute from halls that are far away, from what you guys have heard is that worth considering rather than halls?
Also can anyone direct me to any groups/forums (other than here) for current/prospective Wimbledon students?
Thanks.
Reply 9
Hi well I'm starting in September at WCA and staying at Manna Ash, i would rather move out in my second year, i want to be comfortable and know I'm in a right place before i start moving out into a house, i would also like to know people as well :smile:
Hi, I'm looking for someone to take over my tenancy of a Standard En-Suite Room at Opal 4 Tufnell Park Halls of Residence (UAL Accommodation) from June 21 - Sept 1.

Its at the discounted price of £158.00 a week, open to all UAL Students who want to stay here over the summer for the Olympics! Its only 5 minutes away from Camden Town, and 15 minutes away from Central London. Take a look at it here: http://www.opalstudents.com/student-accommodation/london/opal-4-london-tufnell-park-ofl/features/bedroom/

London_4_Bedroom_Day___.jpg

Please email me at [email protected] or message me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending