The Student Room Group

Edinburgh College of Art 2012 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by YFFL
May I ask whether you got accepted for first or second year entry? Also, when did you receive your offer? I've been waiting for ages, but received a message yesterday saying that I'm placed on hold.

I think i got the same email? Did it say that you are one of a small minority of people they have kept on hold for any places that might be available etc? I'm so nervous! but doubt there is many of us on hold so there is probably a good chance of getting a place? Fingers crossed! I have applied for painting 2nd year entry btw..
Original post by YFFL
May I ask whether you got accepted for first or second year entry? Also, when did you receive your offer? I've been waiting for ages, but received a message yesterday saying that I'm placed on hold.

I accepted for first year entry and I only heard back a few days ago. But if you've been put on hold there's a good chance you'll get a place :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by sarinda.devine
I think i got the same email? Did it say that you are one of a small minority of people they have kept on hold for any places that might be available etc? I'm so nervous! but doubt there is many of us on hold so there is probably a good chance of getting a place? Fingers crossed! I have applied for painting 2nd year entry btw..

Right, thats the email I got as well. I'm also hoping the group that has been put on hold is very small. I do know that the University of Edinburgh also rejected people the last few days. Now depends on how many people dont accept their offer and how big the group of each department is allowed to be. I'm absolutely dead scared.
Reply 23
Original post by Capricorn24
I accepted for first year entry and I only heard back a few days ago. But if you've been put on hold there's a good chance you'll get a place :smile:

Thanks, that's sweet. Fingers crossed!
Original post by YFFL
Thanks, that's sweet. Fingers crossed!

Have you applied for first or second year entry?
Reply 25
Original post by Capricorn24
Have you applied for first or second year entry?

First year as well.
Original post by YFFL
Right, thats the email I got as well. I'm also hoping the group that has been put on hold is very small. I do know that the University of Edinburgh also rejected people the last few days. Now depends on how many people dont accept their offer and how big the group of each department is allowed to be. I'm absolutely dead scared.

I am so scared to, i want to go there soo much! but i originally thought the email was just for painting applicants, so if its a small amount and that includes all the different courses then there must be hardly any for each one?? I need to stop obsessing haha, anyway fingers crossed people dont accept their places haha, i do also know people who have got into glasgow and have chosen glasgow over edinburgh which is fair enough, I didnt get into Glasgow after interview...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
I am so scared to, i want to go there soo much! but i originally thought the email was just for painting applicants, so if its a small amount and that includes all the different courses then there must be hardly any for each one?? I need to stop obsessing haha, anyway fingers crossed people dont accept their places haha, i do also know people who have got into glasgow and have chosen glasgow over edinburgh which is fair enough, I didnt get into Glasgow after interview...

In that case you've got more luck than I do; Glasgow doesnt offer Performance Costume. I did apply to fashion there, but still havent even heard whether I'm through to the interviews or not :s-smilie:. Anyway, good luck! Hope you get in :smile:.
Original post by YFFL
In that case you've got more luck than I do; Glasgow doesnt offer Performance Costume. I did apply to fashion there, but still havent even heard whether I'm through to the interviews or not :s-smilie:. Anyway, good luck! Hope you get in :smile:.

You still haven't got an interview???? you should call them up!? Thank you! I hope you get in too
Reply 29
You still haven't got an interview???? you should call them up!? Thank you! I hope you get in too

I know. I called them about five times and the last three times I was told that I'd hear the same day. Have now sort of given up.
Original post by YFFL
I know. I called them about five times and the last three times I was told that I'd hear the same day. Have now sort of given up.

Oh dear! I'm sure things will work out, are you applying for 2nd year entry? Sounds like they have messed up a bit anyway, they should have let you know if you got an interview or not ages ago.. i think? people keep telling me everything happens for a reason, its slightly annoying but true i guess haha
Reply 31
Oh dear! I'm sure things will work out, are you applying for 2nd year entry? Sounds like they have messed up a bit anyway, they should have let you know if you got an interview or not ages ago.. i think? people keep telling me everything happens for a reason, its slightly annoying but true i guess haha

No, I applied to 1st year entry. In all honesty, I applied to Fashion at Glasgow, but I really want to study Performance Costume. Will be much more shattered to get rejected for Performance Costume at ECA.
Reply 32
Hey, Ive got an offer for MA fine art, havent clicked firm yet because im having a problem deciding on accomodation! Thinking about the places down cowgate like kincaid and college wynd for location but apparently they can be quite noisy as they are on the main clubbing strip? Really wanted an en-suite but the only self catered is beaverbank which is really far out!! Just wanted to see what other people from ECA are thinking about accomodation?

Thanks
Original post by YFFL
No, I applied to 1st year entry. In all honesty, I applied to Fashion at Glasgow, but I really want to study Performance Costume. Will be much more shattered to get rejected for Performance Costume at ECA.

Isn't the first year just general fine art? You can always do a foundation then apply to 2nd year entry for performance costume, thats what i did for painting, i was no where near ready before my foundation year!
Reply 34
Hi everyone,

Just wondering which accommodation people have applied for or are looking at? Really unsure where's best! I've got an offer for year 2 Fashion- anyone else!? :smile:
Reply 35
Isn't the first year just general fine art? You can always do a foundation then apply to 2nd year entry for performance costume, thats what i did for painting, i was no where near ready before my foundation year!

Yes, it is a general year, but I've actually already studied at university last year and am now taking a gap year. I'm using this year as a sort of foundation year, but only of my own making (am taking a sewing class, a moulage class and took some drawing classes), because a real foundation year doesnt exist in the Netherlands (I'm Dutch). As you will understand, I am not too keen to do another gap year. If I dont get into ECA now, I will study Performance Costume for a year at a different uni. Will apply again then for 2nd year entry next year. Hopefully it will work out in one time though.
Reply 36
Original post by bee118
Hi everyone,

Just wondering which accommodation people have applied for or are looking at? Really unsure where's best! I've got an offer for year 2 Fashion- anyone else!? :smile:

not quite fashion, but 2nd year performance costume :smile: I applied at Hermit's Croft, Darroch Court and Nicolson street :smile:
Reply 37
Hey, not sure where to post this but I just firmed my conditional from edinburgh for painting and was wondering which accommodation are best for this? is there separate accommodations for the college of art and the uni? sorry for the questions but i'm a little confused and would appreciate any information you guys know! thanks
Reply 38
Original post by PollyGirl
Hey, not sure where to post this but I just firmed my conditional from edinburgh for painting and was wondering which accommodation are best for this? is there separate accommodations for the college of art and the uni? sorry for the questions but i'm a little confused and would appreciate any information you guys know! thanks

You can apply for any of the Edinburgh Uni halls, or there's private halls 10 min walk from ECA. I'm in private halls, there's a dedicated art room! :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Ailieo15
WHUT. Which halls are they?!

iQ Grove & Fountainbridge. Expensive, but I have my own bathroom & kitchen - they do shared flats too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest