The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I think any rep that takes that long to complete probably indicates something wrong with technique. Maybe a slight unwillingness to bring it back towards your face which shows up on the other reps too.
Reply 781
Original post by redbuthotter
What is good bench form (for benching for the sake of benching).

Reply 782
When i say functional, i mean towards my sport, I know for most people, this is their main sport, but i play football and compete in martial arts, so lower body strength is crucial. When will my big biceps come into use for this? Squats, strengthen legs and core, deadlifts, posterior chain, bench and OHP, upper body strength, power cleans, using my strength efficiently.

Maybe my goals will change in the future, but for now I'm happy to exclude curls.
fuark 135 ain't too shabby though still.

What was ur plan/progress like in general? I like benching now. **** squats lol.

It was at its highest following sheiko

Before that I little westside but I didn't enjoy it, and before that was smolov where I was just maintaining my 5 rep max on bench
What does benching for the sake of benching mean?

If you mean generally what's good then Usama's is quite good but he tucks more than most would need to. Just stay tight as ****.

Edit: Well done Erkand Qerimaj.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 785
[video="youtube;z3K_fpkGQAo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3K_fpkGQAo[/video]
What is good bench form (for benching for the sake of benching).
Original post by Michael XYZ
What does benching for the sake of benching mean?

If you mean generally what's good then Usama's is quite good but he tucks more than most would need to. Just stay tight as ****.

Edit: Well done Erkand Qerimaj.

I suppose there's always benching for the sake of having swole pecs?
Reply 787
I bench because it helps my penis grow.
Original post by GQ.
I find my bench is doing really well on 1 day a week 5x5. I am currently doing a 4-day a week split.

Decided on a routine brah?
Reply 789
Original post by Oh I Really Don't Care
Decided on a routine brah?

Created my own split. Its basically a four-day body split (leg, chest, back, shoulders) but doing squats twice a week on leg and back day and alternate between biceps and triceps.
This. lol

Original post by The Blind Monk
I suppose there's always benching for the sake of having swole pecs?
Reply 791
Been hitting legs every other session recently and already seeing them grow. I knew I had neglected them quite badly but didn't realise it was THIS bad. Just want aesthetic legs
Reply 792
Anyone find the hodge twins stance on exercises like Clean & Jerk, and Deadlifts a bit weird? "You goin to snap city" is what they say, but in their C&J vid, they said they've never tried it and i bet if they tried deadlift they did it with poor form. They are people who say they have experience but dont have any on those lifts.

Anyway, i have a pain in my lower back, it's only there if i stretch my lower back a bit. It's been there for a week and a half, I can still do everything perfectly fine, even Deadlifts, i dont feel it on deadlifts. Is this just my lower back being tight or some sort of strain?
Reply 793
Original post by desijut
Anyone find the hodge twins stance on exercises like Clean & Jerk, and Deadlifts a bit weird? "You goin to snap city" is what they say, but in their C&J vid, they said they've never tried it and i bet if they tried deadlift they did it with poor form. They are people who say they have experience but dont have any on those lifts.

Anyway, i have a pain in my lower back, it's only there if i stretch my lower back a bit. It's been there for a week and a half, I can still do everything perfectly fine, even Deadlifts, i dont feel it on deadlifts. Is this just my lower back being tight or some sort of strain?

Yes it's dumb but they're the high priests of broscience so what do you expect?
Reply 794
lol at watching the hodge twins for lifting advice though
Original post by desijut

It's just advice mayne, you can do whatever the **** you wanna do!
They're body builders not power lifters though.
Reply 797
Original post by JasonTerryIsMyHero
They're body builders not power lifters though.

Stuff about DLs is still dumb. Lots of BBers that are million times more accomplished than the Hodge Twins will ever be recommend deadlifts.
They're fine. People get too butt hurt about it all.
"UPPER/LOWER and full body will have you swimming in cortisol"

But it's just advice man. It's not as if I'm harming anyone by telling thousands that perfectly good splits will harm them.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest