The Student Room Group

Scotland Yard Racism...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bonged.
Dunno, yutes are usually pretty skinny. I imagine about 10 cops could beat 40 yutes.
1:4? I don't think so. This is discounting any weaponry that may be involved. How can one police officer reasonably incapacitate one person without the other three taking action in the meantime?

In east london yutes don't always disperse when police come, they've lost any kind of threat to criminals.
They're not exactly going to continue with their assault on somebody upon hearing sirens. :rolleyes: Beatings would not provide any benefit, as I have explained in the post you quoted. The amount of officers needed will remain equal.

They do need serious overhauls , yes.
The fact that the police are not in a position to evaluate the full range of information leading up to the offence means 'justice' cannot be delivered effectively.

My "hypothetical situation" was the riots. If the police had got out their truncheons maybe that old guy wouldn't have been murdered? Or the 3 shopkeepers in Bham. Anyone who was in London at the time will tell you the cops just stood there gormless while yutes ran rampant savaging people.
Maybe = hypothesis. We do not know what would or could have happened if X, Y or Z occurred, so we are arguing hypothetically.
Reply 161
Original post by marcusfox
At point of entry into the slave trade it was quite often black people selling their countrymen into slavery.

And plenty of Arab slave traders from North Africa took white slaves from Europe.

We have laws against gender discrimination, disability discrimination, sexual orientation discrimination.

You can't pull the slavery card as a reason for those, or for race laws. In that case it would only be illegal to discriminate against black people.

However, it is illegal to discriminate against any race.

Yes I am well aware, thank you for the history lesson.

It doesn't change the fact that when society hears slavery they think black slaves. The numbers don't compete.

The point, which you seem to have missed, perhaps caught up with the excitement of delivering a history lesson, is that black people have and do face far more discrimination than the groups you mentioned.
Original post by Bonged.
:rolleyes:

Yes, whyumadtho. You got me. I want the police to beat up disabled people.

'Yes' or 'no' answer, because I know it pains you to lose yet another argument to your best friend, whyumadtho :pierre::

Is it appropriate to attack mentally impaired people? Take into account the fact that their mental impairment can cause them to escalate in their violence very quickly, and perhaps 'necessitate' fatal force. All of this could be avoided if the sole goal is to restrain, however.
Reply 163
Original post by whyumadtho
1:4? I don't think so. This is discounting any weaponry that may be involved. How can one police officer reasonably incapacitate one person without the other three taking action in the meantime?

They're not exactly going to continue with their assault on somebody upon hearing sirens. :rolleyes: Beatings would not provide any benefit, as I have explained in the post you quoted. The amount of officers needed will remain equal.

The fact that the police are not in a position to evaluate the full range of information leading up to the offence means 'justice' cannot be delivered effectively.

Maybe = hypothesis. We do not know what would or could have happened if X, Y or Z occurred, so we are arguing hypothetically.

Yutes aren't known for their loyalty to friends, the other 3 would run.

..sirens go off all the time, how would they know its for them? I've seen police literally chased off this estate before, so they really aren't fearful of them.

blabla, yeah if the cops would have let the yutes know who "runs da streetz" then the riots wouldn't have escalated. end.
Reply 164
Original post by Bonged.
Nah not really, the only reason why race lobbies are so successful is because there are a wealth of guilty liberals ready to right their great-great-great etc grandfathers wrongs.

You'll find that most are headed up by black or ethnic minorities. So you prefer to assume that any white people involved are guilty liberals as opposed to those actually interested in addressing discrimination. Nice.
Reply 165
'Yes' or 'no' answer, because I know it pains you to lose yet another argument to your best friend, whyumadtho :pierre::

Is it appropriate to attack mentally impaired people? Take into account the fact that their mental impairment can cause them to escalate in their violence very quickly, and perhaps 'necessitate' fatal force. All of this could be avoided if the sole goal is to restrain, however.

haha! jokes! :pierre: pierre buddies!

nope. not unless they are in the process of attacking someone.
Reply 166
Original post by AP1989
You'll find that most are headed up by black or ethnic minorities. So you prefer to assume that any white people involved are guilty liberals as opposed to those actually interested in addressing discrimination. Nice.

well yeah, otherwise they would be equally flummoxed about other forms of discrimination. but they aren't. speaks for itself.
Original post by Bonged.
Yutes aren't known for their loyalty to friends, the other 3 would run.
Then there would no longer be a need for beatings to 'stop' the assault. :confused: You'll do well to ensure logical consistency in your argument, dear.

..sirens go off all the time, how would they know its for them? I've seen police literally chased off this estate before, so they really aren't fearful of them.
Generally, when the sound is approaching them.

And I've seen gangs scatter when police arrive. What do you think would happen to the next police officer that encounters a gang, when one of their members has been brutally assaulted?

blabla, yeah if the cops would have let the yutes know who "runs da streetz" then the riots wouldn't have escalated. end.
In your unsubstantiated opinion.
Reply 168
Original post by Bonged.
well yeah, otherwise they would be equally flummoxed about other forms of discrimination. but they aren't. speaks for itself.

Because, like I have previously said, this is discrimination on a larger scale.
Original post by Bonged.
Dunno, yutes are usually pretty skinny. I imagine about 10 cops could beat 40 yutes. In east london yutes don't always disperse when police come, they've lost any kind of threat to criminals.

They do need serious overhauls , yes.

My "hypothetical situation" was the riots. If the police had got out their truncheons maybe that old guy wouldn't have been murdered? Or the 3 shopkeepers in Bham. Anyone who was in London at the time will tell you the cops just stood there gormless while yutes ran rampant savaging people.

I believe the right spelling is 'youths'. It does help to be well-versed in the English language.
Original post by Bonged.
haha! jokes! :pierre: pierre buddies!

nope. not unless they are in the process of attacking someone.
So it's appropriate to assault somebody who isn't attacking somebody out of their own volition, or does not understand what they are doing?
Reply 171
Original post by AP1989
Because, like I have previously said, this is discrimination on a larger scale.

In England today, it isn't.
Reply 172
So it's appropriate to assault somebody who isn't attacking somebody out of their own volition, or does not understand what they are doing?

You misunderstand, they are attacked to prevent them from attacking someone. You lose your freedom from physical assault when you assault people. Simple really.
Reply 173
Original post by TheGreatReformer
I believe the right spelling is 'youths'. It does help to be well-versed in the English language.

no, i mean yutes. "Youth" does not imply behavioural traits.
Original post by Bonged.
You misunderstand, they are attacked to prevent them from attacking someone.
They don't need to be attacked, only restrained with reasonable force.

You lose your freedom from physical assault when you assault people. Simple really.
They do not understand their freedoms or why assaulting somebody is wrong. Is this not tantamount to beating a toddler without explaining why the preceding action was wrong?
Reply 175
They don't need to be attacked, only restrained with reasonable force.

They do not understand their freedoms or why assaulting somebody is wrong. Is this not tantamount to beating a toddler without explaining why the preceding action was wrong?

If they are really that incapacitated they wouldn't be out assaulting people.
Original post by Bonged.
If they are really that incapacitated they wouldn't be out assaulting people.
Their condition could be undiagnosed, a situation may arise where something 'triggers' the assault, the issue could have become more severe on that particular day, etc. If they were 'that incapacitated', would it be appropriate? Reconcile this with your anti-corporal punishment stance, if you can.
Reply 177
Original post by AP1989

It doesn't change the fact that when society hears slavery they think black slaves. The numbers don't compete.

The point, which you seem to have missed, perhaps caught up with the excitement of delivering a history lesson, is that black people have and do face far more discrimination than the groups you mentioned.

I see.

So because of this 'history', the only possible -ism that matters is racism, specifically racism against black people.
Reply 178
Original post by AP1989

I see.

So because of this 'history', the only possible -ism that matters is racism, specifically racism against black people.

By the way, you were the one introducing 'history lessons'. Lest we forget, eh? Sins of the father and all that.
Reply 179
Original post by marcusfox
I see.

By the way, you were the one introducing 'history lessons'. Lest we forget, eh? Sins of the father and all that.

haha

a grandfather clause perhaps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending