The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

LCF Hair and Make-Up for Fashion 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi guys! ive got an offer for september too :smile: ive been trying to find links on student room for ages for the course but only just found this! ive got a place at don gratton halls.. anyone else going to be in don gratton?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
hello! yeah, it doesn't seem like anyone on here is gonna be doing the course, which kind of sucks. don gratton was my second choice, i got a room at costume store, but i've seen tons of people saying they're gonna be at don gratton so it seems pretty popular xxx
Reply 22
maaahhh, still waiting to hear about accommodation hahaha, i've seen a couple of the girls on twitter have gotten into manna ash and the costume store. i feel like all i'm doing lately is waiting around, driving me mad paha!
ahh well done on your places (: i put approx arrival date around the 8th September, I think i might go down the 15th, not completely decided yet though. What about you two? xx
oh i'm sure you'll hear soon! they can't leave you waiting too long can they.
i'll probably move half of my stuff in as soon as i can, then see who else is moving in and move the rest of my stuff in a bit later. i can imagine turning up there with all my stuff, waving my mum and dad off and end up being the only one in the flat for two weeks! wouldn't be too fun paha xxx
Reply 24
well i'm still waiting haha
yeahh that wouldn't be too good! i haven't made a proper decision about when to move in yet but i have a rough idea xxx
Reply 25
yh i think i put my arrival date aprx the same as that! ah so exciting! so where are you both from etc? and are you going to that like offers open day? xxx
i'm so excited! i'm from welwyn garden city, which is like half an hour away from london. you? and i haven't heard about that.. when is it? xxx
Reply 27
ahhh excited :biggrin: so glad i've spoken to a couple others too, relaxes me a little. i'm from norwich, what about you? no i'm not - i have a media exam that day haha are you going? it's 15th june xxx
Reply 28
Im from oxford, but my dad lives in london. ah yh its annoying its right in exam time ive replied reserving a place but its 3 days before an exam so probably not the best idea haha! so how old are you both? have you done art foundations? im just coming straight from a-levels. xxx
did you guys get emails about it or something? i know nothing about it :\ i'll be nineteen in july, you? and i did hairdressing then make-up then nails at college, so nothing 'arty' at all, just straight in there with the girly stuff haha xxx
Reply 30
yeah i got an email, it was like an offer newsletter just sent to my email. i'm 18, 19 in september - the day before the course starts haha! err i'm currently just doing a-levels but work part-time for a make-up company and have previous work experience etc. xxx
Reply 31
also yay, i just got offered a room at Manna Ash (: xxx
i just got it.. it says media and communication courses? either way though i probably won't go. oh yay, was that your first choice? i looked round the costume store yesterday and it's gorgeous but there's nothing but warehouses round there! i found a group on facebook for people starting lcf in 2012 and saw someone was doing our course, but other than that it looks like no one else is! it's weird :\ xxx
Reply 33
does it? ohh i dunno haha. yes it was (: so i'm pleased. awww that sucks, but it'll be alright you'll love living there! ahh that's so weird! xxx
oh! i just realised our course is a media ad communication course.. my bad. oh that's good then :smile: yeahh i know, i want to move in now urgh! xxx
Reply 35
I'm doing the hair and make-up for fashion course aswell, staying at the costume store!
Been trying to reply on this thread for days now but the bloody thing wouldn't let me register!
oh that was a bit crap of it! that's cool though. are you going to be moving in on the 8th or later? xxx
Reply 37

Ah sorry I'm so slow at replying I keep forgetting to check. I'm 19 in January so a bit younger. Im thinking I'll move some of stuff up then come home and go back like a week before the course starts?! That's cool that you both have experience I'm the complete opposite I've come from an art background and have no makeup experience so I'm kind of surprised they offered me a place! xxx
that's okay! that's not too bad though. because my birthday's in july i'm normally like a year younger than everyone. yeah i might end up doing that too. oh i wouldn't worry, at my interview she made a big thing out of saying the practical lessons are going to be like level 1 standard, basic make-up mostly, and that she was yet to see a really good first term project from anyone who had done make-up before. so there's even more pressure on us! it'll be so fun though :smile: xxx
Reply 39
i am also rubbish at replying. so so slack haha! hey! yeah it took ages to let me register on here as well. the joys of technology eh? i think they take from loads of different backgrounds to be honest, it'll all be fine (: i have no hair experience at all so i'm lacking in that department. xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending