Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 61
Original post by freefrag
What's the catch? :biggrin:

Roommates.
Reply 62
I am literally in THIS EXACT position- with offers from Imperial and Berkeley and absolutely no idea what to do- any further advice please?
I have an offer from Imperial for chemical engineering and in the U.S I have UCLA and Umich (f** you UCB and ivies, seems like a 2250+ sat score and straight A*s wasn't enough for you!!). I am inclined towards Imperial, but it seems that UCB looks favourably on transfer applicants from other UC's. I'm contemplating attending UCLA and applying for a transfer should my grades be good. But I'm not sure its worth the risk, Imperial seems like a safer option since its almost equal in terms of prestige and rankings.... Any advice?
Reply 64
Hello,
I'm an Italian student facing the same problem:
I have been admitted to Berkeley for Mathematics and to Imperial for Mathematics with Statistics for Finance. I see that in many rankings UCB is a couple of places ahead of Imperial for Mathematics (yet both are consistently top 10 so does it actually matter?).
My thing is that Imperial would be closer home (two hours plane) and one of my best friends got in too so we would be going there together.
Does anyone have experience at Imperial (how's life? how big are the classes? how many hours per day do you spend studying on average? do you have time for sports (I row)?)
And does anyone have some ideas why Berkeley might be better other than weather and
Original post by SantaKlau5-
I have an offer from Imperial for chemical engineering and in the U.S I have UCLA and Umich (f** you UCB and ivies, seems like a 2250+ sat score and straight A*s wasn't enough for you!!). I am inclined towards Imperial, but it seems that UCB looks favourably on transfer applicants from other UC's. I'm contemplating attending UCLA and applying for a transfer should my grades be good. But I'm not sure its worth the risk, Imperial seems like a safer option since its almost equal in terms of prestige and rankings.... Any advice?

Hello, so what did you choose? I am in the same position as you. I applied to UCLA and Imperial for chemical engineering and got in so which one did you go to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending