21st Sept

One arm push ups with wide feet
4, 4, 4, 10 (PB)

Bridge
3x5

Crow practice

Sliding single leg curl
4x3

I'm surprising myself with my progress. The PBs were both surprises, I can hold crow for a few seconds now, I can see a free handstand as achievable and I can get into a full bridge position. It's nice to be progressing at something again, lifting has felt rather stagnant for quite a while

Not much cycling recently cause still got a chest infection, hopefully I'll get antibiotics today. Taekwondo starts back this weekend though so will do that even if I have to take it easy
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1802
It feels weird that I just abandoned this log after so long and that it’s been a year since I did. I’m too old for these parts now and I don’t have time to log beyond my notebook

I finally benched 1.5 body weight. 102kg at 68kg

(After not benching for months and not benching 100kg for what could be years 😂)

That feels a better way to finish this log
I'm practically the same mate. I hope you go on well with whatever you're up to! Stay strong
Original post by BKS
It feels weird that I just abandoned this log after so long and that it’s been a year since I did. I’m too old for these parts now and I don’t have time to log beyond my notebook

(After not benching for months and not benching 100kg for what could be years 😂)

I hardly ever blog anymore but the feels. I'll be sad the day Tajwar and GR2 stop logging consistently.
Original post by BKS

Nice work on the bench
Original post by Sae.HH
I hardly ever blog anymore but the feels. I'll be sad the day Tajwar and GR2 stop logging consistently.

Makes me feel extra bad now for not getting the detail of Thursdays second workout down lol
Original post by Sae.HH

ah man now you got me thinking when that day will come, hopefully not anytime soon :frown:
Original post by BKS

Hey dude, your progress has been fantastic. I was around when you started the blog and my first thought is dear lord doesn't time fly. Second thought is you are pretty damn strong now. Impressed with your bodyweight exercises. You should be proud you've made exercise and lifting a lifestyle choice and stuck with it. It ain't easy with the stresses of life!

I'm now on week 3 of lifting again. Aside from the handful of times I entered the gym, I haven't lifted since 2014/15 when I had fall bladder surgery. Then career and family (births, deaths and everything in between!) took over.

It's a shame you won't be blogging but i feel the same. Just too old for TSR. Would love to find somewhere to micro blog daily workouts because it genuinely motivates and keeps you going, plus you learn a lot from others. Going to the gym can be a lonely experience, especially with so few genuine regulars at the gym (who arent ********s) and having to change gym or go at weird times due to work. I see even with the advent of YouTube and plethora of online materials, there are plenty of douches in my local gym who do the most odd, injury inducing exercises.

Good luck wherever you go. It was great while it lasted.
Original post by silent ninja
Hey dude, your progress has been fantastic. I was around when you started the blog and my first thought is dear lord doesn't time fly. Second thought is you are pretty damn strong now. Impressed with your bodyweight exercises. You should be proud you've made exercise and lifting a lifestyle choice and stuck with it. It ain't easy with the stresses of life!

I'm now on week 3 of lifting again. Aside from the handful of times I entered the gym, I haven't lifted since 2014/15 when I had fall bladder surgery. Then career and family (births, deaths and everything in between!) took over.

It's a shame you won't be blogging but i feel the same. Just too old for TSR. Would love to find somewhere to micro blog daily workouts because it genuinely motivates and keeps you going, plus you learn a lot from others. Going to the gym can be a lonely experience, especially with so few genuine regulars at the gym (who arent ********s) and having to change gym or go at weird times due to work. I see even with the advent of YouTube and plethora of online materials, there are plenty of douches in my local gym who do the most odd, injury inducing exercises.

Good luck wherever you go. It was great while it lasted.

Good to hear you're getting back into it, and congratulations for the baby!

I'm also too old for the rest of TSR but recently got back into lifting and thought I'd revive the old blog. No reason not to tbh given it has all my older stuff from 2014 to 2016 in it. Not like I need to venture into the rest of the forum.

Seems there are still a few of the old crowd who check in from time to time.

@BKS, congratulations on the 1.5 bench, a great achievement. Good luck with wherever you head next.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1809
Thanks guys. Hopefully grading for my second degree black belt then buying a house and convincing my partner we should have a home gym is next- that way when we have kids it’ll be harder for them to stop me lifting 😂

It is a shame there’s not really anywhere else for that bit of lifting community. But I guess such is the internet that these things come and go. I’m not sure I would have stuck at it so long with such consistency if it wasn’t for this log, especially through breaking various bits of my body. But I think it’s so much part of my life now that I’ll always want to do some sort of strength training.
Home gym goals.

Not very doable 27 floors up, but at least I have a pool for the weekend 😂

Quick Reply

Latest