The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial student account not working

Hello, I just received my confirmed offer from Imperial, and in the email it says I need to activate my student email account.
I thought I’d done this, but I can’t log in. Is it because it’s too early to do this or am I doing something wrong?
Reply 1
Original post by Piggo674
Hello, I just received my confirmed offer from Imperial, and in the email it says I need to activate my student email account.
I thought I’d done this, but I can’t log in. Is it because it’s too early to do this or am I doing something wrong?

Hi! Are you trying to log into Outlook? After entering my email and password on Outlook, I get a message saying “something went wrong” and there’s an option to refresh the page with some ‘details’ of the error. Is this the same problem you have, or is it something else?
(edited 8 months ago)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by dnfkhdhf
Hi! Are you trying to log into Outlook? After entering my email and password on Outlook, I get a message saying “something went wrong” and there’s an option to refresh the page with some ‘details’ of the error. Is this the same problem you have, or is it something else?

sometimes that happens but then when i try to log in on actual outlook it just says the account doesn’t exist 🤷
Reply 3
sometimes that happens but then when i try to log in on actual outlook it just says the account doesn’t exist 🤷

Interesting😅 it says my email doesn’t exist when I try to log into Microsoft 365 directly for some reason, but Outlook always just sends me to that error page. Maybe we should just wait and see if it works later? I’m not really sure why it’s not working, sorry
Reply 4
Interesting😅 it says my email doesn’t exist when I try to log into Microsoft 365 directly for some reason, but Outlook always just sends me to that error page. Maybe we should just wait and see if it works later? I’m not really sure why it’s not working, sorry

Have you logged in to MyImperial with it? I was able to do that, but then there was nothing on there… the how-to video had a bunch of options such as personal details that I don’t have
Reply 5
Have you logged in to MyImperial with it? I was able to do that, but then there was nothing on there… the how-to video had a bunch of options such as personal details that I don’t have

I just logged in now, and mine is also empty. I watched the video earlier too, but I definitely don’t have any of those things we have to fill in 🥲 I can’t watch the ICT video either because you have to be logged into your email account😭
Reply 6
I just logged in now, and mine is also empty. I watched the video earlier too, but I definitely don’t have any of those things we have to fill in 🥲 I can’t watch the ICT video either because you have to be logged into your email account😭

well if we’re all getting the same thing then i guess it’s fine 🤷
Reply 7
well if we’re all getting the same thing then i guess it’s fine 🤷

That’s true hahahaha😂
Reply 8

Hey, I’ve just tried again and My Imperial is fixed with all the tabs there… I’m guessing it just took some time to load 🤷
Reply 9

Hey, I’ve just tried again and My Imperial is fixed with all the tabs there… I’m guessing it just took some time to load 🤷

I just tried as well and you’re right, thanks! I still don’t know how to log in to watch that ICT video though😅
Reply 10

I just tried as well and you’re right, thanks! I still don’t know how to log in to watch that ICT video though😅

Yeah me neither, and the email account still doesn’t work 😭 I log in and there’s just a massive error message, I guess we just gotta wait for that
Reply 11
Yeah me neither, and the email account still doesn’t work 😭 I log in and there’s just a massive error message, I guess we just gotta wait for that

Haha, more waiting I guess😂😭
Reply 12

It’s been a few days now so you might’ve tried it already, but I just managed to sign in without any error messages. I had to set up some things for two-factor authentication and stuff, but now I can log into Office 365! My inbox is still empty though, I’m guessing they haven’t sent any emails to our Imperial accounts yet

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending