The Student Room Group

University of Manchester Nursing 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by charlotte922012
oh :smile: sounds interesting. yes Manchester is very impressive! where do you live then? I live in a town near Bolton xx

I live in Stockport, so not too far away! Ahh Boltons not far either,I'm guessing you will be commuting?
What branch are you going to be studying? xxx
Original post by Lucy962
I live in Stockport, so not too far away! Ahh Boltons not far either,I'm guessing you will be commuting?
What branch are you going to be studying? xxx

ah, you don't live far away at all do you :smile: I won't be commuting actually, I want to live in with other students so I can take every opportunity to get involved and also moving away will be quite exciting. My town is like in between Blackburn and Bolton- it's called Darwen.

I want to study adult branch so I will be applying through Extra very shortly. xxx
Reply 22
ah, you don't live far away at all do you :smile: I won't be commuting actually, I want to live in with other students so I can take every opportunity to get involved and also moving away will be quite exciting. My town is like in between Blackburn and Bolton- it's called Darwen.

I want to study adult branch so I will be applying through Extra very shortly. xxx

Good luck hun xxx
Original post by Lucy962
Good luck hun xxx

Thanks :smile: good luck with finishing your course! do you study that through college? xxx
Original post by EmilyGracee
Ah fallowfields does sound really good! i like the fact it will be a little be quieter (espec for nursing) and yeah im thinking an ensuit for the same reasons too! will have to do some more researching i think :smile: just got to work to get the grades now though, im sure it will be worth it... haha.

This offer is the only motivation i have to get all of my work done and get revising :'(! im thinking of richmond park or oak house in particular! i really hope im with other nurses though !
yeah I'll keep you posted about what happens :smile:

that sounds like you had a good experience at the interview which is always good :smile: how long do you think it lasted and did you just have to answer some questions or something?
I was interviewed at edge hill and leeds for child but both weren't the best experience and I didn't feel comfortable really.

oh god i cant even remember how long it lasted, it was probably about half an hour or so because it was a group interview and everyone answered each question but it really just flew in !
they asked why do you want to be a nurse, why manchester, what would you do if you had a patient who couldnt speak english & you were waiting for an interpretor, what would be the biggest difficulty with nursing and whats the main advantage of nursing.
i felt that they were all really good questions and the interviewees would ask the question then you each answer, sometimes they'll go round the circle in order, other times they just let you raise you hand and you can answer more than once if you think of something to add which was great. :smile:
Original post by FionaMcCauley
This offer is the only motivation i have to get all of my work done and get revising :'(! im thinking of richmond park or oak house in particular! i really hope im with other nurses though !

Good point :smile: just looked at the accommodation on the website and they both sound lovely! and me too!who knows we may end up in the same accommodation, :smile: haha x
Original post by Lucy962
Heyy, I won't be living in accomodation, I only live 20-25 minutes away by train so will be commuting each day, can't wait, absolutely loved Manchester University and felt really comfortable at the interview and really welcome on the open day!
It sure has got to be done, and the thing that is motivating me the most is that it is one of the best Uni's in the world for nursing and research.
What branch have you applied for?xxx

Ahh thats handy :smile: very true indeedy! I've applied for adult, how about you? xx
Original post by EmilyGracee
Good point :smile: just looked at the accommodation on the website and they both sound lovely! and me too!who knows we may end up in the same accommodation, :smile: haha x

that would be so handy ! You never know we could be or even in the same class :smile:
Original post by FionaMcCauley
oh god i cant even remember how long it lasted, it was probably about half an hour or so because it was a group interview and everyone answered each question but it really just flew in !
they asked why do you want to be a nurse, why manchester, what would you do if you had a patient who couldnt speak english & you were waiting for an interpretor, what would be the biggest difficulty with nursing and whats the main advantage of nursing.
i felt that they were all really good questions and the interviewees would ask the question then you each answer, sometimes they'll go round the circle in order, other times they just let you raise you hand and you can answer more than once if you think of something to add which was great. :smile:

Thanks Fiona :smile: this is really helpful! I will keep you posted
Reply 30
Hey :smile: I have firmed the university of manchester with a conditonal offer to start in September 2012 :smile:
Have any of you decided which halls you will be applying to yet? - I have applied to Western, Lambert and Fairfield halls! So excited to start, I just hope I get my grades! :biggrin: xx
Hi everyone I've also confirmed my offer with Manchester for adult nursing really can't wait!! I decided to stay at home a bit jealous of everyone who's moving out now! But still sooo excited to start!x
Reply 32
Hi everyone, I'm soo excited about Sept. This is my second time round as a Uni student and hopefully this degree will serve me better :smile:
For those wondering about Halls...Fallowfield is the best place to stay, it's all student orientated. However, the halls in Victoria Park are easier to get to Uni because you can just walk to it in about 15mins, whereas Fallowfield, you'll be taking the bus and at 9am it takes forever!! :smile:
Reply 33
Hi everyone!
My name's Sarah and I'm starting Adult Nursing in October!
I graduated Health and Social Care last year at Manchester Met and during the course decided I wanted to become a Nurse. Really can't wait to start. Everyone at my interview were really friendly!
Just thought would post as be good to meet people before start. I am going to be living at home as live nearby in Stockport which is a bus journey away!
xxx
Reply 34
Wow, I'm so relieved to see other mature/second time around students - I was panicking thinking I might be the only one!

Is anyone else applying for private halls? I turned down my accommodation offer after being allocated George Kenyon halls, which I wanted until I saw how much the 2012-13 rent was!

Also, has anyone had their occupational health check yet? Mine's on Thursday, bit nervous!
Reply 35
I got a letter today about my health screening interview and that they will contact me soon with a date. Has anyone else had theirs yet? does everyone have an interview? xxxx
Reply 36
Original post by euphfanhan
Wow, I'm so relieved to see other mature/second time around students - I was panicking thinking I might be the only one!

Is anyone else applying for private halls? I turned down my accommodation offer after being allocated George Kenyon halls, which I wanted until I saw how much the 2012-13 rent was!

Also, has anyone had their occupational health check yet? Mine's on Thursday, bit nervous!

How did you interview go? well I hope?! :smile: xx
Reply 37
Original post by sarah_geee
Hi everyone!
My name's Sarah and I'm starting Adult Nursing in October!
I graduated Health and Social Care last year at Manchester Met and during the course decided I wanted to become a Nurse. Really can't wait to start. Everyone at my interview were really friendly!
Just thought would post as be good to meet people before start. I am going to be living at home as live nearby in Stockport which is a bus journey away!
xxx

Hey I'm sam I'm also studying adult nursing but September. I'll also be living at home too, I live in burnage not too far from Stockport aswell :smile: are you studying in Manchester uni or man met? x
Reply 38
Original post by Jennifer3862
Hi everyone I've also confirmed my offer with Manchester for adult nursing really can't wait!! I decided to stay at home a bit jealous of everyone who's moving out now! But still sooo excited to start!x

Hi :smile:
I'm Sam and I will also be living at home too so your not the only one :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting and meeting everyone too!
x
Original post by xsam0bx
Hi :smile:
I'm Sam and I will also be living at home too so your not the only one :smile: I'm really looking forward to starting and meeting everyone too!
x

Yeah there seems to be a few people living at home where are you travelling from? Are you doing adult nursing?x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending