The Student Room Group

Nintendo 3DS Society - Discussion and Friend Code Exchange

Scroll to see replies

Yo, X and Y are going to be coming out when I'm in Uni. I hope some guys at the Staffs gaming society are big pokemon fans, because that'd be so friggin hype.

As a side note, the next smash bros is very likely to be in the 3DS as well. Thoughts?
Reply 381
The next Smash Bros. has been confirmed for 3DS and Wii U. Dunno what the integration between them might be but hopefully we might find out more at around E3 time.

Speaking of which, Nintendo is having a Nintendo Direct broadcast at 3pm today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nin_
The next Smash Bros. has been confirmed for 3DS and Wii U. Dunno what the integration between them might be but hopefully we might find out more at around E3 time.

Speaking of which, Nintendo is having a Nintendo Direct broadcast at 3pm today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I LOVE SMASH BROS.

I'm trying to complete my Eeveelution team but procrastination will be the death of me. I've managed to get Umbreon, Flameon and Jolteon to Lvl.70+. Gotta love dem' Dittos.
Reply 383
Original post by tjsmith94

I'm trying to complete my Eeveelution team but procrastination will be the death of me. I've managed to get Umbreon, Flameon and Jolteon to Lvl.70+. Gotta love dem' Dittos.

I'm obsessed with breeding Eevee's the conventional and proper way. Male and Female Eevee together... don't ask why.

Plus, it's kinda cool having every Eevee that you hatch start out with Wish and Shadow ball. Ditto's can't give that :biggrin:

My team only has Jolteon, Leafon and Vaporean on it at the moment. Seeing as I hate the Fire/Dark/Ice type ones, let's hope Sylveon in Gen VI can compensate.
Original post by Another
I'm obsessed with breeding Eevee's the conventional and proper way. Male and Female Eevee together... don't ask why.

Plus, it's kinda cool having every Eevee that you hatch start out with Wish and Shadow ball. Ditto's can't give that :biggrin:

My team only has Jolteon, Leafon and Vaporean on it at the moment. Seeing as I hate the Fire/Dark/Ice type ones, let's hope Sylveon in Gen VI can compensate.

My Umbreon is the only one with Wish which makes me a bit sad. I'm going to try and breed some Wish Eevees soon but I lack the patience for it. :tongue: I'm not a huge fan of the Ice/Grass ones so I'll probably just stick to Espeon and Vaporeon and then have a Flying type filler.
Hey guys!

Ive been wanting to buy a 3ds xl, but probably secondhand since I'm poor xD

How much would you recommend me paying for a second hand one (obviously working and good condition). I'm actually really tempted to pay a little bit more for the pikachu one.

Do you think the value of LE 3ds will be sell-able for a nice price in the future? :tongue:
Reply 386
I've seen LE ones go for £500+ on eBay.

How much are you willing to spend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nin_
I've seen LE ones go for £500+ on eBay.

How much are you willing to spend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

£500!? What were they? 0:

Well I don't really want to go over £140. I've seen a few used 3ds xl go for £125 on eBay bundled with a few games but idk, I want pikachu xD
Reply 388
They had a special Club Nintendo competition if you registered a certain amount of games after the 3DS launch. There were three designs: Mario, Toad and Peach. Only 1000 of each design were available and I've seen some of them selling for thousands.

You can get a brand new normal XL on Amazon for £140! But I agree, I'd love a Pikachu one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nin_

You can get a brand new normal XL on Amazon for £140! But I agree, I'd love a Pikachu one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I bought mine brand new from Tesco for £120 :smile:
(Just if they're looking round for prices)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nin_
They had a special Club Nintendo competition if you registered a certain amount of games after the 3DS launch. There were three designs: Mario, Toad and Peach. Only 1000 of each design were available and I've seen some of them selling for thousands.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Problem with the XLs are that they don't come with a charger for them.

I got mine for £185 pre-owned; but it came with a game, charger, travel case (worth £20) and £30s worth of insurance for 2 years. This was from GAME.
Original post by Dusky Mauve
I bought mine brand new from Tesco for £120 :smile:
(Just if they're looking round for prices)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it XL? I'm seeing £150 on Tesco's website.

Original post by NorwichtoBristol
Problem with the XLs are that they don't come with a charger for them.

I got mine for £185 pre-owned; but it came with a game, charger, travel case (worth £20) and £30s worth of insurance for 2 years. This was from GAME.

You can buy a charger for only a few pounds though.
Original post by eggfriedrice
Is it XL? I'm seeing £150 on Tesco's website.

Yeah, but if you look around (and sometimes on their website as well) you can get some really good voucher codes :smile: Or maybe I was just lucky at the time...
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Yeah, but if you look around (and sometimes on their website as well) you can get some really good voucher codes :smile: Or maybe I was just lucky at the time...

What kind of voucher code was it? And how long ago did you buy it?
There was one I added from the Tesco website, they had a deal on electronics, and other I added was a 10% off from another website.
It's worth doing this for all the places that sell them, and work out which one gives you the best deal. Just typing 'store name' voucher codes into google should give you a few valid ones.
Ummm. Less than a month ago I think?? But be sure to check out other places for better prices :smile:
If people want to find out the best prices at any given time, hotukdeals typically has somebody post whenever a great price crops up :yep:

I have just decided that I will permit myself to buy a 3DS XL when I can successfully complete a Nuzlocke run over every previous pokemon generation. Otherwise I have to wait until Pokemon X/Y launch day!
Reply 396
Seriously, the 3DS is the best console out there right now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 397
I've just pre-ordered this:
an.jpg
Have to say this game and the Pokemon really clenched it for me.
Are there any other games that you would recommend? Thinking of getting Tales of the Aybis, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter.
Reply 398
Virtue's Last Reward is amazing. It's a visual novel with puzzle elements. It's a sequel to 999 on the DS but you don't need to have played that to get it.

Ocarina of Time 3D is a great choice if you haven't played it to death before.

There's Kingdom Hearts: DDD if you're into that.

Kid Icarus is brilliant.

Luigi's Mansion is every bit as amazing as the original.

Fire Emblem Awakening is just so good beyond words.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 399
I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game since the original on PS2, are the newer ones much different.
I loved the original Luigi's Mansion so will probably get the new one at some point.
How is Paper Mario?

Quick Reply

Latest