The Student Room Group

Richmond Upon Thames College...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by maverick123
Ok so I've just been invited for an interview, do you reckon I'm likely to get a place? Any tips?

It's a big college and everyone that i knew who applied and had an interview got a place. Just be polite and explain why you want to carry on your A levels at Richmond College :smile:

When is your interview? (just curious)
Reply 41
Original post by Pixie_95

I'm not sure as i don't know anyone who changed colleges and started from A2, however i'm sure as long as you meet their requirments and pass your subjects then you should be fine :tongue:

Pixie Im in year 11 and i've applied, got a conditional offer and all that but I really want to change my choices of A-level's. Do you reckon I'd be able to change on results day or is it too late ?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 42
It's a big college and everyone that i knew who applied and had an interview got a place. Just be polite and explain why you want to carry on your A levels at Richmond College :smile:

When is your interview? (just curious)

3rd July at 10:20, they say for an hour!
Reply 43
Original post by jesse111
Pixie Im in year 11 and i've applied, got a conditional offer and all that but I really want to change my choices of A-level's. Do you reckon I'd be able to change on results day or is it too late ?

You are allowed to change your A levels any time before the middle of October. After 4 weeks of doing AS Maths i changed to History. When you go for enrolment they will ask you if you want to change any of your subjects, as long as you meet the entry requirments for the course they will allow you to change :smile:
Reply 44
3rd July at 10:20, they say for an hour!

Don't worry, it will not last that long. Good Luck! :smile:
Reply 45
You are allowed to change your A levels any time before the middle of October. After 4 weeks of doing AS Maths i changed to History. When you go for enrolment they will ask you if you want to change any of your subjects, as long as you meet the entry requirments for the course they will allow you to change :smile:

Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 46

Thanks, you have been soooo helpful :smile:
Reply 47

Has your year finished yet?
Reply 48
Has your year finished yet?

We have finished exams, but we still have to come to college untill Friday.
Reply 49
We have finished exams, but we still have to come to college untill Friday.

Been accepted :biggrin: Just gotta hope I get good AS grades
Reply 50
Been accepted :biggrin: Just gotta hope I get good AS grades

Congratulations! I'm sure you will do fine :redface:
Reply 51
Congratulations! I'm sure you will do fine :redface:

Thankss, yeah didn't get to see much of it when I went but it looked nice, clearly a mix of different sorts of people but I think that's a good thing and just generally a decent atmosphere
What subjects are you applying for? I'm there now (am in my AS year) studying History, English Literature, Classical Civilisation and Religous Studies. I also was doing AS maths for 3 weeks before i changed subjects (because i sucked at maths :colondollar:)

1) Standard of teaching

All my teachers are great! Very approachable and are actually passionate about what they are teaching.

2) Social life - nice people? Parties?
I don't come from the Richmond Borough so at first i was worried about meeting new people. However i have made a big group of friends; all from different parts of London. When you first start your course, most people will not know eachother (its a big college with many different classes for each subject) so everyone is in the same position when it comes to meeting new people. The Student Union does throw many events, however i have never been to any of them, but hear they have been good)

3) Extra curricular activities - sports? trips?
There are many different clubs you can join (will be a fair within the first month of term where you can sign up for different societies). Although i am not part of anything, i have friends who do different sports (netball, football, basketball, rugby etc) and there are often trips where they compete againsnt different teams/colleges).

4) What are the people like - nice/rough/how ethnically diverse is it (not bothered just wondering.)
The college is very ethnically diverse (it's a big college). However everyone seems to mix.

Feel free to ask anymore questions! :tongue:

Also can i just mention that i have met many people who have friends who complain about the quality of teaching at Esher (i had never heard of the place untill i came to Richmond college). In addition to this, two of the friends i made actually did their AS year at Esher and did not like it there......

Hey there! I applied to Richmond and i already had my interview and received my acceptance letter and i heard that we should get our enrolment letters around this time and i wanted to ask around what date you got yours?

I would appreciate your answer! :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by ConfusedTeen
Hey there! I applied to Richmond and i already had my interview and received my acceptance letter and i heard that we should get our enrolment letters around this time and i wanted to ask around what date you got yours?

Hi :smile: I'm not to sure on the exact date, but i got it around 2 weeks before my GCSE results, so it must have been somewhere during the beginning of August.
Ok thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 55
I was also wondering when the enrolment letters were coming out. On the college's facebook page it says that they should be coming out in the next couple of weeks. Also they say to look on their website because there is information for students to read before enrolment.

:smile:
Original post by Kermitt
I was also wondering when the enrolment letters were coming out. On the college's facebook page it says that they should be coming out in the next couple of weeks. Also they say to look on their website because there is information for students to read before enrolment.

:smile:

Original post by ConfusedTeen

:smile: My enrolment letter came through the post today (2nd of Aug), I enrol on the 30th. Have you guys got your letters yet ?
Reply 57
Original post by FrescoDiMorte
:smile: My enrolment letter came through the post today (2nd of Aug), I enrol on the 30th. Have you guys got your letters yet ?

No, I havent got my letter yet. When was your sent out from the college? Has anyone else just got their enrollment letters?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 58
Do not take any notice of my last tweet, I got my enrolment letter today, I also enrol on the 30th August. But can anyone explain to me the bursaries we can apply for? I think I can apply for the college bursary but I am not sure :s-smilie:
Original post by Kermitt
Do not take any notice of my last tweet, I got my enrolment letter today, I also enrol on the 30th August. But can anyone explain to me the bursaries we can apply for? I think I can apply for the college bursary but I am not sure :s-smilie:

You get the bursary if your Mum + Dads yearly income equals to less than £26,000.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending