The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Where To Go On A Date in Kingston?

Although the vast majority of students are weighed down by exam stress right now (:frown:), it's important to remember not to neglect your personal relationships - especially your partner! Whether you're planning an upcoming date night to celebrate completing your exams, or just looking to get some one-on-one time together as soon as possible, I've compiled a list of possible date suggestions around the Kingston area. If you have any more, feel free to add them below!

Have a picnic in Richmond Park!
If you're a student like me, you'll know you can't always afford to take your partner out on expensive dates - especially if you're having to budget your maintenance loan! Instead, try to plan thoughtful but low budget days out, like heading to Richmond Park for a picnic near the beautiful Isabella Plantation. With the sun starting to come out more and more these days, you can grab a few bites in one of the many Kingston supermarkets (or make your own) before heading to admire the blooming flowers.

Get dinner at The Giggling Squid!
If you're looking to take your partner somewhere nice, why not try the Giggling Squid? Located right beside the Thames riverfront, this Thai restaurant has lots of vegan and vegetarian options with its bright, welcoming decor. My personal recommendation is to definitely try the Salt and Pepper Squid - although I'm not a big fan of seafood in general (especially squid), I'd definitely go back here just for this dish! However, if Thai food isn't you or your partner's thing, don't worry - there's numerous other restaurants nearby, such as the Latin American Las Iguanas or the Turkish Cappadocia Restaurant.

Catch a film or go bowling at the Rotunda!
Wanting to do something a bit more casual, without the restrictions of a traditional date? Then why not try hitting up the Rotunda on Clarence Street, just opposite Kingston Station? Whether you're grabbing snacks in the nearby Tesco to watch the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie at the Odeon, or heading downstairs to play a few rounds of tenpin bowling, this is a perfect place for a first date where you maybe don't want to do anything too committal yet. Better yet - there's a Five Guys on the ground floor for some late night grub! :biggrin:

Bunker down in an Escape Room!
If you're looking for more of an activity-based date, escape rooms will definitely do the trick. Locked in a room for sixty minutes, you and your partner will have to try and solve a series of themed puzzles to 'escape' the room and make it to freedom - and trust me, I know from experience that they're not as easy as they seem! A great way to build teamwork and communication skills, Kingston is home to two escape room venues - Escape Hunt and Kingston Escape Rooms - with prices starting from about £55 per game for two players.

Watch a Performance at the Rose Theatre!
Regardless of whether you and your partner are drama buffs or not, watching live theatre can be one of the most engrossing experiences easily available. With tickets starting from as low as £15, check the Rose Theatre website for any upcoming shows - and if theatre really isn't for you, check out their choir, dance or film events!

- Eve (BA Fine Art and Art History).
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending