The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by ndubz4lyf
you need to have A at AS and have 90% at A2 (UNIT3+4)

aah doubt that will happen! thanks :smile:
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
You failed to see the point I was suggesting. Yes, it shows that people obey authority figures; but they are not always right. That was the point.

That doesn't remove from the point that it happens though does it? If they were always right, if such a thing is possible, this whole discussion would never have happened.
Original post by Radradrad
That doesn't remove from the point that it happens though does it? If they were always right, if such a thing is possible, this whole discussion would never have happened.

Yes it does, you still don't understand. Yes it happens, but it's up to the individual to question it. Only these individuals can be successful, unlike those who rely on others. It's acceptable in early stages of life, but there comes a point were independence must develop and an individual must learn to question everything and not follow like a sheep obediently.
Original post by Sesshomaru24U
Yes it does, you still don't understand. Yes it happens, but it's up to the individual to question it. Only these individuals can be successful, unlike those who rely on others. It's acceptable in early stages of life, but there comes a point were independence must develop and an individual must learn to question everything and not follow like a sheep obediently.

You know that episode of Peep Show when they are locked in the flat and Jez says that if he was in France during the war he would have joined the French Resistance and then claims that he would bypass it and get a train to Berlin and take Hitler out? Yeah? That's you now.

They got told by their teacher or seemingly had authority from the AQA examiner for Sociology exams. It is not completely foolish to trust that verdict. It was a mistake on their part it wasn't a trick to separate the wheat from the chaff.

A major life-stage in someones life has been jeopardised and your reaction is to just sneer.
Original post by Radradrad
You know that episode of Peep Show when they are locked in the flat and Jez says that if he was in France during the war he would have joined the French Resistance and then claims that he would bypass it and get a train to Berlin and take Hitler out? Yeah? That's you now.

They got told by their teacher or seemingly had authority from the AQA examiner for Sociology exams. It is not completely foolish to trust that verdict. It was a mistake on their part it wasn't a trick to separate the wheat from the chaff.

A major life-stage in someones life has been jeopardised and your reaction is to just sneer.

No, I don't know the Peep show. Yes, I am stating it was foolish to have complete trust in the teacher. Also my reaction is not against the guy your defending, it's against what you are stating.
Reply 1985
Original post by coolasacucumber
Sociology, english literature and media & yourself?

Oh, doubt I know you then. History, Geography, Sociology.
Reply 1986
If anyone wants to revise some quick points together then DM me now xx

Oops posted in wrong forum! Sorry

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kyuu
Oh, doubt I know you then. History, Geography, Sociology.

Yeah most probably not, do you have geography wednesday morning? as thats when i do sociology
Reply 1988
Original post by coolasacucumber
Yeah most probably not, do you have geography wednesday morning? as thats when i do sociology

Yup.
Original post by Kyuu
Yup.

So i know the people in your class, i most probably know who you are but dont speak to you
Original post by stephwearne
In my defence, I was told the exact same as the original poster. My class were told that social policy would come up and that suicide would not.

But I still revised the topic?

Therefore we are in the same situation, thus I believe I am free to comment.

I'm not saying that's she shouldn't of revised, I'm just saying you shouldn't feel the need to jump down her throat about it. Like somebody else said, it's like kicking her while she's down.
Either way I hope it goes well for all of us and we all get the grades we want on results day :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1991
Were we supposed to right about interactionist theory for the interpretivist methods question at all?
Reply 1992
Original post by Grace*
Were we supposed to right about interactionist theory for the interpretivist methods question at all?

It was a very broad question - yes you could have spoken about interactionalist theory so long as you linked it to whether they would support/not support interpretivist methods. Was that the only theory you wrote about?
Reply 1993
Original post by fxyz
It was a very broad question - yes you could have spoken about interactionalist theory so long as you linked it to whether they would support/not support interpretivist methods. Was that the only theory you wrote about?

No i didn't write about the interactionist theory i just was worried that i should of! i wrote about interpretevist methods - focus groups, participant observation (positives and negatives) and a bit on the basis for interpretivist methods (want meanings). And then evaluated with positivist methods. So i hope that was enough. What did you write about?
Reply 1994
Original post by Grace*
No i didn't write about the interactionist theory i just was worried that i should of! i wrote about interpretevist methods - focus groups, participant observation (positives and negatives) and a bit on the basis for interpretivist methods (want meanings). And then evaluated with positivist methods. So i hope that was enough. What did you write about?

same here

i word for that 33marker horrible
Reply 1995
Original post by wwelol
same here

i word for that 33marker horrible

Yes it was so horrible! literally the one i understood least, had least notes for, and revised for least

wooo results day
Reply 1996
My timing was so bad for that exam :frown: It said we should leave 40 minutes for the last question but I left like 20 minutes and my hand was shaking. Good luck for the examiners being able to read my handwriting!!
Reply 1997
Original post by jojayne
My timing was so bad for that exam :frown: It said we should leave 40 minutes for the last question but I left like 20 minutes and my hand was shaking. Good luck for the examiners being able to read my handwriting!!

it was just that 33 marker
was very bad
it was a bloody methods Q
i only wrote a page

not fair i revied all the ****in theory like science etc and none of them came up really let me down

need 89ums

POOR EXAM

HOPE URE HAPPY AQA - RUINED OUR UNIVERSITY CHANCES
Didn't realise people were still stressing over this exam :tongue:

Calm down guys, enjoy your summers! Although the weathers crap, it's time to relax and reward ourselves for the past two years!

There's nothing any of us can do now, just gotta wait and see on August 16th :smile:
Reply 1999
Original post by Grace*

Well of course you did fine that was what the question was about! :smile: I focused on interpretivist methods in terms of feminist and postemodernist theories - stuff about finding out the 'reality' of society in particular patriarch can not be done through positivist methods used ann oakley, spoke about value committed sociologists wanting to aid the world through interpretivist methods mentioned ann oakley again - counter argued this with the value binladen idea.. Then spoke about how postmodernists believe using positivist methods would make sociology another meta narrative and we should not impose set answers on people as it may not fit them.. It was a long time ago I don't remember much LOL but it was along those lines. mentioned the science debate and other stuff :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending