The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fxyz
didnt globalisation come up in january?

I don't know I hope so!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What's relativism and what's it got to do with postmodernism?
Reply 1382
What were January 2012 questions guys? Would be really helpful. No time to look for them! So stressed! I havent gone over theories again and im screwed!! Such a hard exam!
Reply 1383
i see myself as failllling ;s its tooo much information its all messing up in my brain. i feel like i dont know anything
Reply 1384
Original post by Tanet
With the theory questions, the 33 marker, if it's Marxists/Feminists etc do we link it to crime at all or can we? I keep getting confused :frown:

no its a theory question so you just talk about the theory in general, if marxism comes up u just write everything u know about it using theories from everywhere, u can use crime if u wish but if u get stuck u can add stuff from education, family etc.
Reply 1385
Anyone think that green crime will come up?
Reply 1386
Original post by porcalin123
I don't know I hope so!

it did! labelling and globalisation came up! I liked labelling :frown:
Reply 1387
Original post by AALLEEXX
What were January 2012 questions guys? Would be really helpful. No time to look for them! So stressed! I havent gone over theories again and im screwed!! Such a hard exam!

labelling, globalisation, covert observations, functionalism and new rights for theory
Reply 1388
Original post by musqan1
i see myself as failllling ;s its tooo much information its all messing up in my brain. i feel like i dont know anything

I know exactly how you feel man, someone tested me today on all the theories and i got all of em muddled up.. There's far too much in this unit :frown:

The two 21 marker Crime and Deviance questions:
Assess the usefulness of labelling theory in explaining crime and deviance.
Assess the view that the process of globalisation has led to changes in both the amount of crime and the types of crime committed.
The 15 marker Methods in the context of crime question:
Assess the strengths and limitations of using covert observation as a means of investigating court proceedings.
The 33 marker Theory question:
Assess the contribution of functionalist and New Right theories and research to our understanding of society today.
What's the likelihood of feminism being the 33 marker??

Most probably, hasn't been tested before
Reply 1392
Have action theories came up? Literally have not looked at them, at all. waa
Original post by Unientry2012
The only 33 markers I am cramming are: Marxism, Social Policy, Postmodernism and Interpretivism. Everyone else can just %£$# off lol. No space in this brain.

I would love social policy! If you can cope would suggest action theories too, they've not come up for ages :/
Original post by liam1994
I would love social policy! If you can cope would suggest action theories too, they've not come up for ages :/

Yeah I've added action and science now loool
Reply 1395
Original post by Catherine:)
What's the likelihood of feminism being the 33 marker??

Really hope so to be honest
Reply 1396

the 33 marker was functionalism, and i think green crime and labelling came up. cant really remember if im honest but its not as awful as u think. aslong as u know ur theories you'll be fine with the 33 marker because you can use evidence from all different topics.
Reply 1397
There is this force at the end of my fingers stopping me from picking up my work and revising. My notes are all around me but my brain can only focus on food, football and facebook!
Original post by Unientry2012
Yeah I've added action and science now loool

I need to look at science too :frown: waaaaaaaaa
can someone tell me things to write in social action 33 marker pleaseeee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending