The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Azii
We get 2 hours..?

Ahaha sorry, I dont know why I said an hour. Soc is making me lose my marbles.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
ive only gone through bits of crime however i have the worst headache ever so im going to have to sleeep even though i want to stay up and revise! im going to fail and i know it but theres no point sitting here taking nothing in with a sore head :frown: killme
[INDENT]
Original post by DontJudge
Whose going to join me with an all-nighter? :perv:

HA! Tempting.

Gosh guys If they ask a question on 'value-laden' I will feel cheated.
Reply 1583
will there only be 4 questions in the paper?
21marker
21marker
15marker
33 marker
Reply 1584
It's seems that people see sociology as something that stupid people
Study. Out of all of my exams,
And I do history and English, this has been the most difficult to revise for. Too much damn content!!!! Kill me noowwww

Original post by Mariya786
so their idea of progression into the new age? in understanding social problems.. ? :s-smilie:

I think they are saying that to deal with social problems, you musat apply rational knowledge. By rational knowledge they mean scientific, clear cut knowledge.

Therefore, the post modern concept of anti foundationalism means the Englightenment project would not work in the post modern society we live in.
Original post by DontJudge
What on earth is, value-binladen? :confused:

IKR I had to google that... basically the opposite of value-free. (Interpretivists like all the juicy info and stuff. Feel cheated right? If that came up tomorrow and I didn't google I would be screwed.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Chennade
It's seems that people see sociology as something that stupid people
Study. Out of all of my exams,
And I do history and English, this has been the most difficult to revise for. Too much damn content!!!! Kill me noowwww

I find people that say Sociology is an easy and pointless subject are just very ignorant, just because it lacks the 'pedigree' of other long established disciplines, or that its too broad to fit in one category we should disregard it.
Just to confirm, the layout of the questions have changed. Are there 4 questions now, two 21marks, one 15mark and one 33 mark? Yes or no?
Reply 1590
I'll be doing an all nighter, got the energy drinks on the go already, just hope i don't do a will from the inbetweeners :P
My teacher has hardly taught us anything, pretty much had to read through notes and try to understand it! :frown:
I know it's been asked a million times but seeing as i'm only letting myself have a 5 min break can anyone quickly tell me 1, what might not come up and 2, what might? It would be a hugeee help because otherwise i'm just going to be wired on energy drink with nothing in my brain!!!!
Original post by shaycollins
Just to confirm, the layout of the questions have changed. Are there 4 questions now, two 21marks, one 15mark and one 33 mark? Yes or no?

YES.
So glad I got this done with in January, was a monster of a unit. Best of luck to you all tommorrow. Remember, grade boundaries are low so even if it doesn't go your way, you may still do well :smile:
Reply 1593

yes, gd luck :biggrin:
How do the questions break down?

21- research methods
33 - social theory etc
21 - crime and deviance

so whats the 15..

or am I wrong?
Reply 1595
Original post by supercalifragilist
I find people that say Sociology is an easy and pointless subject are just very ignorant, just because it lacks the 'pedigree' of other long established disciplines, or that its too broad to fit in one category we should disregard it.

I know right. It's well annoying, when I'm like to my friends "this is so hard" they reply with things like "well i'm doing physics" as if to say that I should feel lucky that im only doing "measly sociology".

How do the questions break down?

21- research methods
33 - social theory etc
21 - crime and deviance

so whats the 15..

or am I wrong?

21 CD
21 CD
15 Research method
33 Theory
Can anyone tell me the difference between structuralist/social action theorist/interactionalist/positivist and anitpositivists please? Oh and macro an micro

Nobody is answering me and I am stressing
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by liam1994
I think they are saying that to deal with social problems, you musat apply rational knowledge. By rational knowledge they mean scientific, clear cut knowledge.

Therefore, the post modern concept of anti foundationalism means the Englightenment project would not work in the post modern society we live in.

ah right right I think I get it now :frown: omg I feel like crying I HAVENT READ THEORY YET!! i know func, marx, fem, science, but the others are a no go right now lol omg I MUST NOT PANIC :frown:
Reply 1599
Really having trouble with whether sociology should attempt to be value free or not. Can anyone help me? I am looking for 5 reasons why should/can sociology be value free?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending