The Student Room Group

Sociology Unit 4 - Crime - 19th June 2012 - Notes - Disscussion and more

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Haha that exam jut confirmed my FAILURE Agghhh

The time for this exam is NOT ENOUGH

Come on .. 2hrs for 4 essay questions? Agh

I actually thought it was decent until I realised the amount of writing needed today

The theory and methods question was HORRIBLE. Agh I mostly talked about theory than methods hahaa flopinG so bad
Reply 1781
Think I can just kiss goodbye to Uni. Not that it was a terrible paper... It was just mostly based on similar things like statistics etc :/. Ugh.
Reply 1782
Awful, awful, awful. Completely failed it, waa :frown:
Reply 1783
i quite liked the exam - i thought it generally was - good (yay - suicide came up! was so chuffed abt that) and ethnicity wasnt so bad its just the last question i wasnt too sure to put more methods or the whole science debate so tried to incorporate both (not sure how that worked out though) - LOL

NOW its just the waiting game for 2 months! :frown:
Reply 1784
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm just relieved that a revised suicide last night other wise I would have been screwed.

How did everyone else find it?? :smile:
Reply 1785
but i didnt like the fact that it was so much methods orientated like even the ethnicity question = u had to include stats and victim surveys and stuff and even for suicide i talked abt durkehims methods (stats) and then atkison and douglas and their observations etc - so yh i was rather surprised cuz it seemed like a whole methods paper - if u hadnt revised methods then !!!!
Reply 1786
i wrote about social action theories and weber and all that stuff. SO WRONG. probs got 0 on the last question :frown: suicide was on point but i didnt think of any theory ?
Reply 1787
Original post by husn
i quite liked the exam - i thought it generally was - good (yay - suicide came up! was so chuffed abt that) and ethnicity wasnt so bad its just the last question i wasnt too sure to put more methods or the whole science debate so tried to incorporate both (not sure how that worked out though) - LOL

NOW its just the waiting game for 2 months! :frown:

I did the same with the last question haha and used some studies and used an alternative explanation of triangulation. I never have to do Sociology again. Life is made!
do they do grade boundaries based on the whole paper or individual questions because that last question was a JOKE!:angry:
Reply 1789
I agree that it seemed like a whole methods paper, for ethnicity I had statistics, media, locality and all that crap. I just wish there was more stuff on other theories. Three people walked out after an hour haha oh dear, so much content and that comes up!
was going swimmingly until i got to the last question. thankful i have to do year 14 now, because at least then i can resit - definitely failed todays exam!
Reply 1791
I ****ing hate AQA.
Reply 1792
Original post by Tanet
I did the same with the last question haha and used some studies and used an alternative explanation of triangulation. I never have to do Sociology again. Life is made!

lol yh - and how coincidetental cuz i did the same thing of triangulation (put it in my conclusion) = at first i looked at the question and was like o **** but then i just went on one:biggrin:
ah I liked the suicide q and the second one on victimisation was okay, the methods in context was okay but the last question WAS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! WTF I'VE MESSED IT UP :frown: I didnt know what more to write for it.

Is it just me or did that whole paper practically revolve around methods!!!

I was hoping for more theory >< I was hoping for action theories :'| my beloved action theories lol
Reply 1794
Original post by Mariya786
ah I liked the suicide q and the second one on victimisation was okay, the methods in context was okay but the last question WAS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE! WTF I'VE MESSED IT UP :frown: I didnt know what more to write for it.

Is it just me or did that whole paper practically revolve around methods!!!

I was hoping for more theory >< I was hoping for action theories :'| my beloved action theories lol

my point exactly!:angry:
awkward moment when you dont even know what interpretivism is.
man I knew I should have revised methods more thoroughly but no I thought it's so straight forward, I have it in the bag ¬___¬ PFFT sigh
Reply 1797
Original post by OxfordPotential
awkward moment when you dont even know what interpretivism is.

lol - im sure u knew what it was (just think positive) what did u actually write then?:eek::confused:
Reply 1798
I kind on put in action theories relating to methods that interpretivists use :/ lol!
What an utter fail... Hate AQA!
Reply 1799
WTF WAS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRAGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! WTF WAS THAT,

Didnt know anything about question 2 or 4 :frown::frown::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending