The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sternumator
I didn't realise how long summer is going to be for me. I thought uni would finish about the same time as school but it is less than a month until I finish now. Im going to Salou, magaluf and St Tropez but that still leaves me 3 months with nothing on.

I'm going to be back in Magaluf myself this summer! I can't wait to be back there for a while! You should try and get a job while you're over there, it will be the best way you could spend those 3 months :P
Original post by Tambourini
I'm going to be back in Magaluf myself this summer! I can't wait to be back there for a while! You should try and get a job while you're over there, it will be the best way you could spend those 3 months :P

Are you working there? I am not well suited to those types of jobs, I don't like pestering people. I don't think I could stand more than a couple of weeks in a resort like that either. It should be really good fun for a holiday though, I cant wait to have nothing to worry about and party hard.
Bar work isn't to bad, you just have to put up with drunk people believe it or not haha

But yeah, I can't wait to get back out there to party myself!
Original post by nataliekwong
what are you guys planning on doing this Summer?

Going to the south of France for a month.
Original post by Dux_Helvetica
I'm going on a huge euro-trip with a bunch of my friends. Starting in Switzerland, then Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Czech Republic, Germany (Berlin-Hamburg-Frankfurt) and finally the Netherlands (Amsterdam)

I've always wanted to do this but never had the time/money! Have fun! Btw if your route's flexible you should consider switching Frankfurt for Munich, absolutely stunning city and so much to see and do :smile:

I'll be in Hamburg (Germany) for three months for an internship :biggrin: Hopefully will get to travel a bit on weekends (Vienna, Zurick, Luxembourg, Prague, Warsaw....) money permitting.
Well it's not really during the summer holiday but in May half term we're going to see Coldplay live at concert which should be amazing!! (best Christmas present ever)

Then in less than a week after my A2 exams me and 8 friends are going to Magaluf for a week (Lord help me). Then sometime in July we're going to go to stay at family friends' in an apartment in France. Then early August we're going on a cruise around the Mediterranean for a week.

But the best part...

I've organised work experience at a hospital ...for the fun of it LOL

going to have the craziest summer, never had so much happening in my life
Original post by britchick
Well it's not really during the summer holiday but in May half term we're going to see Coldplay live at concert which should be amazing!! (best Christmas present ever)

Then in less than a week after my A2 exams me and 8 friends are going to Magaluf for a week (Lord help me). Then sometime in July we're going to go to stay at family friends' in an apartment in France. Then early August we're going on a cruise around the Mediterranean for a week.

But the best part...

I've organised work experience at a hospital ...for the fun of it LOL

going to have the craziest summer, never had so much happening in my life

LUCKY OMG COLDPLAY!<3
Where are you going to see them?

Work experience: LOL that should be fun!
xD
Everyones going away for the olympics! D:
LUCKY OMG COLDPLAY!<3
Where are you going to see them?

Work experience: LOL that should be fun!
xD
Everyones going away for the olympics! D:

At the Emirates Stadium in London! It will be my first concert as well haha so excited! And aw I wish I was going to the Olympics, I fancy Tom Daley so much..
Reply 48
Sleeping for three months solid.
Reply 49
The plan so far:
A week in Kardamena with 9 friends.
A few days sailing in cornwall
A week mountain walking in the lake district.
Reply 50
Snoozing every morning to be quite honest :P. My summer holdiay won't be quite productive this year, but I do go away for the whole summer every other year. Oh and watching the Olympics. I have also booked to attend an Olympic football session at the City of Coventry Stadium on July 27th
(edited 12 years ago)
Holiday somewhere in Europe with uni mates seeing as we are graduating and got an opportunity to work over summer in either Italy or Brazil which I might take up.
I was asking a few of my friends at school what they were planning on doing after we finish our gcse exams and then go on study leave...then the summer holidays
Everyone seemed to be doing something interesting
Going to summer classes
Going to New York (lucky them...)
And going here and there...whilst some of them are just going to sit around and wait for their results to come out...

But anyway,
what are you guys planning on doing this Summer? XD

After my AS exams, I'll be doing work experience at Freshfields :smile: Then I'll be chilling at home doing absolutely nothing for about a week just to be rid of all stress :P I'll be visiting a couple of unis, maybe going on holiday with my family or visiting Germany with a friend. I'll also do a fair bit of prep for university application - nothing too strenuous, just reading a couple of books, planning my personal statement etc. Might try to find work. I've got a summer tennis tournament too. Main thing is, I won't be revising or doing homework... I could do with a time like that right now tbh :smile:
Bandcamp :sigh:
Reply 54
-My birthday, YAY!
-I want SUNSHINE! (1 holiday booked, always time for more :wink:)
-I want to do some work experience
-I want to really get back into exercising HARD
Primavera festival in Barcelona, then working at Disneyland Paris til mid-September.
Original post by xmarilynx

I'll be in Hamburg (Germany) for three months for an internship :biggrin:

Yay, my City!!! Hamburg is amazing, you'll love it. :biggrin: What part are you working in?

I'll be:

Working to earn money for a month
Being in London for the Olympics
Working towards my medicine application
Volunteering
Work shadowing/ internship
Going on a short holiday to see friends in Germany
Catching up with people generally
Having family trip somewhere
Generally having a picnic on Clapham Common/ other random park with my friends in the sun. :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Getting more and more excited at the thought of freedom and freshers week (I am a bit of a alcoholic you know?!) and hopefully I will have a job then. Who knows, I might hit lucky and get a trip to the seaside out of it too.
Reply 58
1. Hoping to work the Next summer sale as a Temp - if I somehow manage to squeeze it around my last few days at school.
2. My birthday!
3. Off to Finland for holiday - quite excited about this, as it's not a typical holiday destination. Seems lovely though - can't wait to see the Northern Lights.
I'm working all summer to buy my dream phone and a holiday to LA with my homies for next year!

this summer won't be that bad.. till results day..

Quick Reply

Latest