The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have you ever hit yourself in the face with your boobies? I think that's a good indicator
Reply 2
No I haven't lol but I feel busty. Whenever I wear a top, I just feel paranoid that my breasts are quite on the big size. I am slim everywhere else but just feel my boobs feel accentuated too much depending on what i wear.
(edited 12 years ago)
You can't be a 36 back if you're wearing a size 10 on top. I wear a 16 and am a 36 back!

Go and get yourself fitted properly :smile:

But no, that doesn't sound busty. I'm a 36FF so I'm well aware of being busty haha!
Reply 4
I don't really know anything about this but my girl friend works in a bra shop and she always says that people your size don't need to be wearing 36C, but a much bigger cup and smaller back. I don't know why I bothered to post that, it's not what you asked. But there you go. Go to Bravissimo.
Reply 5
As you're a size 10 and of medium build, 36C sounds like an average size to be. It isn't considered to be large, it's generally D or bigger that are classed as "big".
Be happy with what you've got, I'm a 32B and wish mine were a bit bigger.
Reply 6
I got myself fitted properly and the lady who measured me said that I am 36C. I don't know if my size has changed or not but I wear size 10 clothes and they fit me perfectly so I am confused as to how this can be. I just feel like my boobs take center stage whenever Im wearing clothes so thats the only thing that I feel a but uncomfortable about when choosing clothes style.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7
I don't think that's too busty. :smile:

But I agree, 36C sounds quite unusual if you are slim, maybe you should get a measurement.

But I'm sure they look fine! :smile:

EDIT: whoops, just seen your post that you got a measurement. I'm sure 36C is fine. Some of my slim friends of that size look absolutely fine... you're probably just self-conscious when there's no need to be!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by DreamKitty
No I haven't lol but I feel busty. Whenever I wear a top, I just feel paranoid that my breasts are quite on the big size. I am slim everywhere else but just feel my boobs feel accentuated too much depending on what i wear.

Given what you, and the posters above have said, thennnn I'd say you were 'busty' (I hate that word, but w/e)
I used to feel like that, but then I had a bra fitting and realised I'd been wearing the wrong size, I was actually a 32D instead of a 36C, like you. I've also found that a good sports bra can make you feel more in proportion and is more modest in certain clothes.
But no, i don't think that 36C is too big.

If you feel paranoid wear baggier clothing when you're out, and when you're wearing a dress...well stop feeling paranoid.... i'm sure they're not that big i mean Christina Hendrix's are too big but yours probably aren't anywhere near that big.
Reply 11
I didn't even think there was such a thing as 'too busty'.
Reply 12
I just want there to be a balance between my bust size and the rest of the body, for example I look at a jacket that I like and then feel that it is not right for me because too much focus on my chest area or prehaps makes my bust look even bigger. I just want to be a normal size but if 36C is considered medium then I will be fine with that:smile:, it is just thatI always thought size 10 girls had smaller boobs and it kind of makes me feel slimmer if I am size 10 along WITH a smaller bust so I think that is my main reason for feeling this way. But my bust size always stays the same plus I am genetically this size since my mum and sister are too, if I had it my way I would have wanted to be a 34A-32B.
(edited 12 years ago)
Sorry, but it sounds strange that you can be a size 10 (i.e. chest measurement ~34 inches) and be a size 36C (i.e. chest measurement ~38 inches). Who measured you?
Reply 14
Original post by Jelephant
Sorry, but it sounds strange that you can be a size 10 (i.e. chest measurement ~34 inches) and be a size 36C (i.e. chest measurement ~38 inches). Who measured you?

A lady at the changing room, she told me to take my top off but I didn't feel comfortable doing that so she just measured over my vest.

My bra does feel a little looser though so I guess maybe it changed:confused: but depending on the make of clothes, sometimes a size 10 feels a little loose, I guess it's my bra size that is not accurate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 15
Go and try on some different bras. Measure under your breasts and the should be your bra number, eg if it's 32" then you are 32 (or 34 at a push). 36 sounds too large :P It might feel tight at first but if you can do the bra up ok then it's fine.
Reply 16
I thought I would go back to my original thread title because my bust size for some reason makes me feel uncomfortable. Today I went to the shops and wore a size 10 tank top and I felt like my bust was too big. Im 5'6, medium body frame but I was just wondering is size 36C considered "large"? because my younger sister is the same size as me and she said yes it is large and she bought a minimizer bra:redface: lol.

Band size is relevant to cup size. 34DD is bigger than a 36C. A 36C is equivalent to a 34D and a 32DD (they have the same cup volume.) A 34DD is equivalent to a 36D and a 38C (they have the same cup volume.) The cup volume differs as the band size goes up/down. A 42D cup is much bigger than 32D cup.

In which case, if you are feeling your 36C's might be a bit loose, especially as you were measured over ur top, then - this means, that it would make better sense to try out either a 38B or a 32DD.

Hope this helps
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
Not busty enough! :tongue:
I work in bravissimo (proper bra shop) and if you're really a size 10, you're not a 36.
I got myself fitted properly and the lady who measured me said that I am 36C. I don't know if my size has changed or not but I wear size 10 clothes and they fit me perfectly so I am confused as to how this can be. I just feel like my boobs take center stage whenever Im wearing clothes so thats the only thing that I feel a but uncomfortable about when choosing clothes style.

im a 36D and a size 12! and i feel really busty.

Was wearing a tank top the other day and regretted it straight away felt like my boobs were falling out.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest