The Student Room Group

Leeds 2013 Medical School Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
eeek got an interview! :biggrin: buzzzing!
Reply 581
congrats to those with interviews! :biggrin:
Original post by meeee
Congrats! May I ask what is your stat.?
Reply 583
Original post by drspriggs
Interview on the 29th January :smile: Heard by email. Good luck to everyone waiting! Never lose hope!

Original post by meeee

Congratulations :smile: can I ask what time they sent you the email and your stats?
Reply 584
....and soo it begins!
Reply 585
Please please please God give me an interview hereeeeeeeee
Reply 586
Original post by Zeegie
Please please please God give me an interview hereeeeeeeee

I want an interview so bad hahahaha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 587
Original post by jessjess
I want an interview so bad hahahaha

I knoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww............

Gahhhhhhhhhhh....not sure if this would be good timing though during my exams...

Meh, gotta deal with what life throws at ya...
Reply 588
Original post by Zeegie
I knoooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww............

Gahhhhhhhhhhh....not sure if this would be good timing though during my exams...

Meh, gotta deal with what life throws at ya...

Where else did you apply? :smile:

Reply 589
Original post by jessjess
Where else did you apply? :smile:

Manchester, Glasgow and Ox....
Everyone with interviews, did you apply pretty early? Just sobering if they're doing it in time order, if so I'll stop worrying for a but because I sent mine late!
Reply 591
Called them this morning. Admission confirmed that there is no cut-off score for UKCAT!
Reply 592
Original post by MTW47
Obviously the open day and admissions criteria are not much use then. This is annoying for those of us who were told there was a cut off. What is the point of spending time researching admissions criteria if they then go and change it
:frown: Why do they even get the UKCAT scores then if it doesn't mean anything.

But apparently if you do well it works to your advantage. They use a ranking system and reject candidates on the basis of their overall score.

In my opinion, it looks like the Ukcat is a detrimental factor (although they don't say it) because everyone will most likely have a good PS and have met the academic entry requirement.

Fingers and toes crossed I get an interview!! Leeds and Aberdeen are my last hope :frown:
Reply 593
Original post by May2013
But apparently if you do well it works to your advantage. They use a ranking system and reject candidates on the basis of their overall score.

In my opinion, it looks like the Ukcat is a detrimental factor (although they don't say it) because everyone will most likely have a good PS and have met the academic entry requirement.

Fingers and toes crossed I get an interview!! Leeds and Aberdeen are my last hope :frown:

Wait I'm confused now.. what exactly do they base who they invite to interview on? And do they invite us according to a ranking?
I don't get how they could use a ranking though if they've only read half of our applications according to that email we all received..
Reply 594
Original post by MTW47
Unless thats why no ones been rejected yet and why only a few interviews have been given out as they have just asked a very small percentage at the top of the 1600.

Oh yeah didn't think of it like that..
Their admissions process really is confusing :P
Reply 595
Original post by MTW47
EEK according to stalking page, rejections have started. Dont want to look at emails:frown:

Link me
Omg rejections have started..... scary!
Reply 597
I just wish they'd let us know, if they've used a hurdling system surely they know who hasn't met the hurdles along the way? Or they just keep changing what they're gonna do. My main weakness is my GCSE results which I think they use because I have my A2 results and I'm sure it'll mean I'm rejected but I just want to know ahhhhhh.
Guys I just got invited for an interview, I applied on the 12th and my UKCAT is 660. I hope that gives you a vague-ish idea
Reply 599
Original post by MTW47
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2057646
hope this works, its the last post on the thread

Ahhh cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending