Leeds 2013 Medical School Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by billybobs
9th and 10th decile :frown:

8th and 9th :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1581
8th and 9th :'( there goes my last chance. What's the point of me even trying I'm a failure at everything
Reply 1582
ucas applicant newsletter emails are not appropriate for this time
Can someone print screen this ranking and upload it to TSR, taking off any identifiable information.

I'm jealous that you guys are receiving so much correspondence, we had nothing last year, just a load of confusing messages from different people.
Reply 1584
2nd and 2nd... is that good news!?
Reply 1585
Original post by MTW47
If there is anyone out there who has already had an official offer, please can they post their rankings, so that it will give other people a bit more of an idea as to what score was the cut off. Cheers:smile:

Ok guessing as thru accept 60% ish after interview, being 6th decile or above is good news
I've got 3rd and 3rd.

Remember these are decile rankings NOT scores. If you were in a group of really high scorers then your decile ranking could still be low but your score high!
Have faith people. Medicine is such a tough game, this doesn't mean you won't be a good doctor, just that perhaps nerves got the better of u on the day.
You get decile rankings. This means that even if you got 10th and 10th, if you were in a group with absolutely fantastic people then you could still get an offer as you may rank higher than someone with 3rd and 3rd in another group. Don't give up hope yet!
Reply 1588
Original post by billybobs
9th and 10th decile :frown:
dw im the same, 9th and 10th. thinking gap year????:frown:
Reply 1589
I thought decile rankings were comparijg how well you did against the whole year, not just the ones on your day
Reply 1590
Original post by heather87
I've got 3rd and 3rd.

Remember these are decile rankings NOT scores. If you were in a group of really high scorers then your decile ranking could still be low but your score high!
Have faith people. Medicine is such a tough game, this doesn't mean you won't be a good doctor, just that perhaps nerves got the better of u on the day.

I just re read the email... Ah well, I though my interview went terrible anyway so don't have high hopes!

Original post by omegaphi
I thought decile rankings were comparijg how well you did against the whole year, not just the ones on your day

Even in a group of excellent candidates, there will be a lowest ranked group so it does not follow that a position in the 9th or 10th deciles is a poor score, just that on the day the other candidates performed better
Original post by jessjess
I just re read the email... Ah well, I though my interview went terrible anyway so don't have high hopes!

Yeah I thought my interview went pretty bad. Honestly, these decile rankings are no guarantee of anything...just a reflection on the day of your performance.

Come on UCAS update us!!

xx
Hey. How do you find out the decile you're in? I got the email a few hours ago saying they're "finalising offers" etc but nothing since?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1594
Original post by annaridgway95
Hey. How do you find out the decile you're in? I got the email a few hours ago saying they're "finalising offers" etc but nothing since?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Click on the link in the email and put in your ucas ID :smile:

Click the link at the bottom of that finalising email...
Follow the links & enter in your UCAS ID

:smile:
Thanks you two :smile: hmm not sure whether to do it or just wait for track to update (scared!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1597
So are they still going to send out offers/rejections today? Very confused :tongue:

Original post by annaridgway95
Thanks you two :smile: hmm not sure whether to do it or just wait for track to update (scared!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I have to admit it doesn't offer much info really. It's just about performance on the day. I still feel just as nervous & still am not any wiser!
Reply 1599
Hope to go they give out around 60% offers seeing as I have 7th and 5th.. Right bang on the 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending