Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need help on my a-level choices :(

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a really broad range of interests which are: Biology, Chemistry, History, Maths, Sociology, Psychology, R.E, Slight interest in Politics and current affairs.. I love writing.. thinking, learning new things. And im not very sure about what I want to do at university, although im hoping to go to a russel group uni and study - medicine, law, or a course such as PPE.
    Can anyone help me with my A-Level choices please? :confused:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History would allow you to apply for Medicine, Law (at a Russell Group university) and PPE. I don't know enough about Sociology, Psychology and RE to comment - I'm sure others will be able to help! Politics is fairly well respected, but you'll have to check specific entry requirements.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biology Chemistry History and Maths sounds good for all 3 of those courses, although many unis will ask for A Level English Lit for Law OR two AAs at GCSE
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both ^^, so do you think I should scrap Sociology, Psychology, R.E as a fourth subject and choose History? - I have never done it but i think Sociology is real interesting! Also, does anyone have any info on History- how hard is it to get an A ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    you don't necessarily need history or english lit, most unis don't require anything for law just as long as you do well in your subjects, i would recommend chemistry, biology and two others from maths, sociology, economics, english lit or history if you like it so much.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, (just so you know I'm currently doing biology, chemistry and psychology, I did sociology at AS)
    I'd say scrap R.E, do biology and chemistry if you're definitely interested in them and then pick one or two of history, psychology or sociology depending on how much you like writing essays, if you only want 1 essay subject pick maths as the other
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gina3706)
    Hey, (just so you know I'm currently doing biology, chemistry and psychology, I did sociology at AS)
    I'd say scrap R.E, do biology and chemistry if you're definitely interested in them and then pick one or two of history, psychology or sociology depending on how much you like writing essays, if you only want 1 essay subject pick maths as the other
    Thanks, what are you looking to do at Uni?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theworld)
    Thanks, what are you looking to do at Uni?
    medicine (if i can get three A's that is lol)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    medicine (if i can get three A's that is lol)
    Good luck with that!! How did you do in AS? & which uni's accept your a-level combination? (considering its without Maths)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    RE is great for both as you study things like euthanasia, good for both medicine and law, okay for PPE.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with that!! How did you do in AS? & which uni's accept your a-level combination? (considering its without Maths)
    no medical schools apart from a few Oxbridge colleges and imperial state that they need maths, usually it's at least chemistry and probably biology, some say they want biology, chemistry and a contrasting subject.
    Kind of messed up my AS and got AABD (b in biology, d in chemistry) but in January resits pulled them both up
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest taking Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    no medical schools apart from a few Oxbridge colleges and imperial state that they need maths, usually it's at least chemistry and probably biology, some say they want biology, chemistry and a contrasting subject.
    Kind of messed up my AS and got AABD (b in biology, d in chemistry) but in January resits pulled them both up
    Oh - well done! so i take it you won't be applying to any Oxbridge/imperial colleges? where have you applyed? have you got any offers?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh - well done! so i take it you won't be applying to any Oxbridge/imperial colleges? where have you applyed? have you got any offers?
    no lol, I've got an offer from Liverpool that I've firmed
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maths, Further Maths and Chemisty. good2go
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    no lol, I've got an offer from Liverpool that I've firmed
    Lol congrats!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 23, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.