The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Offer but dont meet the grades

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got a conditional offer from BscEcon said ABB, I think I can make my results like A*AC or A*BC (A* for maths, A/B for economics and C,definitely politics. I'm not a 'political' student but 'mathematical').
Is that highly possible for me to be considered and get a uncon offer before going to clearing stage? I guess maths is more important than politics in Economics Study so they would probably ignore the fact that I havenot reached B in politics? Anyhelp with experience is very appreciated!:smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Original post by ehcuil
I got a conditional offer from BscEcon said ABB, I think I can make my results like A*AC or A*BC (A* for maths, A/B for economics and C,definitely politics. I'm not a 'political' student but 'mathematical').
Is that highly possible for me to be considered and get a uncon offer before going to clearing stage? I guess maths is more important than politics in Economics Study so they would probably ignore the fact that I havenot reached B in politics? Anyhelp with experience is very appreciated!:smile:

You're certainly more likely to get an economics lower offer if you've got exceptional maths grades, so I assume if you got A*BC that you'd be let in as one of the 'best of the rest' as it were.
Original post by ehcuil

If you get a single grade less than ABB (even if another grade is higher) then they are perfectly within your rights to reject you, so don't count on it.
Reply 23
Don't totally lose hope though. I got ABC when they wanted ABB and still got accepted to Manchester. Not sure how relevent it is, but mine was a deferred application (for philosophy).
I missed my grades and I still got in for this year. I applied deferred for Japanese Studies and they gave me an offer of AAB, I got ABB but still got in, they didn't ring me or anything, I assumed I was going to Sheffield until I finally got onto the UCAS website after it crashing all day, was so excited!

The only reasons I can think they let me in are because Japanese Studies isn't a popular course, my entry was deferred anyway and I was 3 marks off getting my second A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending