The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE acceptance with bad GCSES

How likely is it to get an offer from LSE with 9,6,6,5/5,5,5,4,3.
I already have achieved my a level grades at A*AA and trying to apply for 2024.
Reply 1
worth applying but not a steal

what course?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by JakeDevii
How likely is it to get an offer from LSE with 9,6,6,5/5,5,5,4,3.
I already have achieved my a level grades at A*AA and trying to apply for 2024.

very unlikely
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
worth applying but not a steal

what course?

Politics and International Relations
Reply 4
Politics and International Relations

yeah - better to take the shot that regret not. it's unlikely as stated, but far from impossible
Original post by HoldThisL
yeah - better to take the shot that regret not. it's unlikely as stated, but far from impossible

The chance of OP getting in is close to zero. Dont give false hope. LSE puts great emphasis on GCSE unlike other universites. OP doesnt meet its stated entry requirement. It is a heavily oversubscribed university and 60% of its students are from overseas. There is virtually no chnce of OP getting an offer and that needs tobe made clear. Here is LSEs GCSE requirement which OP doesnt meet. LSE will have more than enough applicants who do.

A strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)
Your GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6)
We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
The chance of OP getting in is close to zero. Dont give false hope. LSE puts great emphasis on GCSE unlike other universites. OP doesnt meet its stated entry requirement. It is a heavily oversubscribed university and 60% of its students are from overseas. There is virtually no chnce of OP getting an offer and that needs tobe made clear. Here is LSEs GCSE requirement which OP doesnt meet. LSE will have more than enough applicants who do.

A strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)
Your GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6)
We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile

Do you know if other prestigious universities are like this when it comes to GCSES. I feel like it shouldn’t matter as much because I already got the grades A*AA this summer in A level, also the 9 in GCSES was English literature and I got a B in both maths + Eng Lang
Do you know if other prestigious universities are like this when it comes to GCSES. I feel like it shouldn’t matter as much because I already got the grades A*AA this summer in A level, also the 9 in GCSES was English literature and I got a B in both maths + Eng Lang

Most universities arent as strict as LSE over GCSEs. Oxford are also known for it. Some look at GCSEs as part of the overall application but it forms a small part. Others just look at it as long as you have 5 GCSEs at grade 4 including English Language and Maths.

As far as you think it shouldnt matter it does. If you dont meet a GCSE requirement it is an automatic rejection irrespective of A level results. Everybody applying to LSE will meet the GCSE requirement and most will have better A levels than yours.

You are talking about a university that is heavily over subscribed and who can pick and choose. Even students who meet the grades often get rejected

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending